Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 325

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Not to be rude

    325 same as the thread

    Comment


    • #17
      Pretty cool

      Originally posted by jcoulter View Post
      I2b and so far not I2b1b test for other variants are pending.
      Looks like you are the descendant of the earliest men to inhabit NW Europe. Pretty cool. Is that what you were expecting? I am still waiting for FTDNA to throw me a bone.

      bob

      Comment


      • #18
        October 21

        The first part of my results are due October 21. That is, day after tomorrow. Looks like I will have to wait till the very end.

        bob

        Comment


        • #19
          something is up

          It is October 21 and I do not see my results from batch 325.

          I suppose, now it is time to go check my mailbox and see if FTDNA sent me vial C & D!

          Comment


          • #20
            I'm not sure what particular test you're waiting for, but there is a post elsewhere on this Forum about a major delay in the STR panel 38 through 47 results due to a re-test requirement.

            A 67 marker upgrade that I have sponsored seems to be affected by that delay.

            Comment


            • #21
              deep clade

              Look at your haplotree. You should see some changes, specifically information on tests that have already cleared. In my case I am waiting for one more test to determine I2b1 or I2b1d. a b and c are already back as negative as were a couple of upstream tests. This has been happening over the last week. Check it out.

              Comment


              • #22
                results overdue...

                I'm also waiting on batch 325. My "pending lab results" page said to expect my first 12 markers on 14 Oct, but so far no word. Someone else on this thread mentioned a backlog. Has anyone received official word that they are behind schedule?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by gtc View Post
                  I'm not sure what particular test you're waiting for, but there is a post elsewhere on this Forum about a major delay in the STR panel 38 through 47 results due to a re-test requirement.

                  A 67 marker upgrade that I have sponsored seems to be affected by that delay.

                  It seems the delays are now beyond STR panels 38 thru 47. I am waiting for deep clade extended SNP test results. Hopefully, the delay is only due to staff tied up in retesting and not poor samples in our cases.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    As I understand it, STR tests and SNP tests are done at different labs, so I guess a delay in STRs ought not to affect SNP work.

                    Whilst I did get emails about my STRs, I have never been emailed when my SNPs are done; I have always had to keep looking at my haplotree to see if the diagram and footnote text has changed.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Delays

                      Originally posted by bob_chasm View Post
                      On my page, it states that results for Batch 325 should be in by October 26. I can hardly wait.

                      bob
                      I was told to expect partial results by Oct 21 and full results by October 26. So far, I have received no results. FTDNA has told me their scientists are baffled by my sample. They are working very hard, but having lots of problems. Apparently, it is a very rare type of fast mutating DNA. The SNPs keep moving, making it hard to get an accurate reading. Something they have never encountered before. So, they need extra time (just kiddin) . Although, it is true I was supose to have my results by Oct 26 and I still have not gotten them.

                      bob

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bob_chasm View Post
                        I was told to expect partial results by Oct 21 and full results by October 26. So far, I have received no results.
                        In the latest issue of their "Facts & Genes" newsletter (Vol 8, Issue 3) FTDNA says: "The timing of this [mtDNA] technology upgrade was planned to allow us to complete the hundreds of orders we received for Y-DNA Deep Clade tests."

                        So if they have received hundreds of orders, I guess there's a backlog of SNP tests at the moment.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I have a deep clade test on order, as well as a basic MtDNA test. Both are expected by Nov. 2. I wonder if this puts things off quite a bit on those. Thus far, I have received the results on my (12-25) DYS upgrade and earwax factoid well ahead of schedule.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            100s of orders

                            Originally posted by gtc View Post
                            In the latest issue of their "Facts & Genes" newsletter (Vol 8, Issue 3) FTDNA says: "The timing of this [mtDNA] technology upgrade was planned to allow us to complete the hundreds of orders we received for Y-DNA Deep Clade tests."

                            So if they have received hundreds of orders, I guess there's a backlog of SNP tests at the moment.
                            That is a good point. I prefer FTDNA take the few extra weeks and maintain accuracy rather than rush to meet some time deadlines and compromize their standards. It is nice to hear that lots of people are getting deep clade testing. Hopefully, it will add to our sense of who does and does not have these new SNPs.

                            bob

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Delayed results

                              It is Nov 4 and I have not gotten my results due Oct 21. It is quite frustrating.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I am still waiting, but no one answers

                                It is November 10, 2009 and still no results.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X