Batch 321

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 321

I'm in batch 321 for my L47 and L148 SNP tests. ETA is September 28.

Autosomal Panel + DYS495 - Batch 321

CSF1PO
    D13S317
    D16S539
    D18S51
    D21S11
    D3S1358
    D5S818
    D7S820
    D8S1179
    FGA
    Penta D
    Penta E
    TH01
    TPOX
    vWA

Have no idea why I am testing for this - but after 96 alleles, what is there left to test?

Douglas (born Griffeth)
    FTDNA Kit 145178
    YSearch ID 2KJBR

Comment

^ Aha, a gene test junky methinks.

I am in haplogroup R1b-U106 (or more correctly now: R1b-L48) so I am taking advice from the leaders of that special interest group as to what to test for and when.

At this stage of a rapidly emerging science, I don't see the benefit in testing for everything on offer but I am very interested in being as close to the leading edge as is deemed sensible.
      Last edited by gtc; 14 August 2009, 12:08 AM.

Comment

DYS495 results are already in: 16

Now to wait for the rest ...

Douglas
        Confirmed DNA Junkie

Comment

Once you've aced the STRs, are you planning to go deeper into your haplogroup? Are there tests available for M37, M222 and P66?

Comment

Originally posted by gtc View Post
            Once you've aced the STRs, are you planning to go deeper into your haplogroup? Are there tests available for M37, M222 and P66?
            Had those tested already - all minuses. Now waiting for more definitive markers and SNPs.

Twiddling thumbs ...
            Doug

Comment

My L47 test result snuck in on my haplotree page overnight and I'm L47-.

I still have an L148 test in batch 321.

I thought FTDNA emailed test results? If so I haven't been getting any such emails.

Comment

They usually do e-mail test results notifications.

In your case they didn't send it yet because they are still "testing" so partial results are not results in their methodology.

Comment

I have received notifications for STR panels, but so far none for SNPs.

I am still awaiting official notification of my L48 result from batch 317, although that was posted on my haplotree some time ago, but that result did come in weeks ahead of the published ETA.

On reflection, perhaps they notify all members of the same batch at the conclusion of the batch.

Comment

Due Date Question

I recently ordered the YDNA 37 marker set (Batch 321, due 9/25). Recently, the page updated to allow me to order factoids and upgrades (which hadn't been available for over a week since I first got access to the page). Is this a sign that maybe some results will start coming in soon? I know I'm being greedy here, but I did notice some people started receiving STR results very quickly...

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by acj412 View Post
                      Recently, the page updated to allow me to order factoids and upgrades (which hadn't been available for over a week since I first got access to the page). Is this a sign that maybe some results will start coming in soon?
                      Factoids is a relatively new "product" offered to all their customers as far as I know.

As regards upgrades, I think we all see the same overall menu of choices, except that the red asterisk (signifying applicable to you) and red dagger (signifying that you have already had that test done) is tailored to the individual customer.

In terms of results delivery dates within a given FTDNA batch, I'm guessing that the actual delivery is a function of when the order was actually received and how easy/labor-intensive the particular test is to complete.

Meanwhile, keep checking your My FTDNA pages regularly as results are often posted there long before you get an email notification.

Comment

Originally posted by justusla View Post
                        CSF1PO
                        Have no idea why I am testing for this - but after 96 alleles, what is there left to test?
                        This is what is happening to me: "Thank you for ordering the DYS643,DYS726,DYS434,DYS435,DYS445,DYS452,DYS485,D YS495,DYS714,DYS716,DYS717,Y-GATA-A10,Y-GGAAT-1B07,Y-STR DNA-FP Panel 5 Palindromic Pack,Y-STR DNA-FP Panel 9,Y-STR Panel 1"

No batch assigned just yet, and I *really don't* need these. I ordered 5 STRs that were actually relevant a couple months ago. So 67 + the 5 + *all* this coming in. Some are already tested, but it was cheaper to just buy whole pack in the palindromic case. I can't even upload all these to ySearch. :-P

What's next? I was thinking about 23andMe just for a whole new angle on things.

Comment

Originally posted by sanelson View Post
                          What's next? I was thinking about 23andMe just for a whole new angle on things.
                          After 67 and not a single match, I'm not really interested in getting any more STR tested through FTDNA, although I will continue with SNP testing as new ones relevant to me become available for testing. I like being at the cutting edge of this stuff. It sort of compensates for no action on my STR front.

However, I am also considering going 23andMe for a similar reason to you -- a new angle and perhaps some action.

Comment

I do not want to sound like a shill for ftdna, but what is to be gained by going off for testing elsewhere? What new angle? What action? Your genes won't change. I hope

Comment

23andMe present their results differently.

Also, I'm interested to see if they get the same results on the same markers as FTDNA and if not, I'd like (a) to see if I get any matches with the new results and (b) get FTDNA to re-test my samples.

Comment

Working...
                              X