Batch 310

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by finn1031 View Post
    Do you know which B subclade you fall into?
    Native American B are all under B4,
    Asian B could be B4, B5 or other B lineages,
    I was expecting B4 for my mtDNA HG, but results came out as D5a.
    Yes. It's B4. I have to admit I wasn't expecting it either but as it turns out the old family stories were true.

Comment

I got this notification from FTDNA...

A very small percentage of the tests we perform do not return conclusive results the first time we test. In these cases, the samples do not produce a reading that allows our lab to determine with 100% certainty the values for one or more markers or regions. When this happens, we re-test the sample. We repeat this procedure up to 3 times after the initial test fails to give a clear result.

Your sample failed to produce a clear result in this run. Below is a status update for your kit number, N61343, as well as an estimated time of when the next rerun is expected to be completed:

DCLADE-O - 7/31/2009 The Deep Clade tests are performed in a series of rounds to pinpoint your position on the current Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree. Your sample requires more than the average number of rounds to complete this testing process. As each round is completed, those results are added to your Y-DNA Haplotree section. The next testing round is expected to be complete by this date.The Deep Clade tests are performed in a series of rounds to pinpoint your position on the current Y-DNA Haplogroup Tree. Your sample requires more than the average number of rounds to complete this testing process. As each round is completed, those results are added to your Y-DNA Haplotree section. The next testing round is expected to be complete by this date.

Comment

Don't worry too much.

It happens on occasion.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but FTDNA seems to have changed one thing for the better, maybe taking a clue from very popular restaurants; they project a date for the completion, and are more often than not early.

The likely thing with your last results are the busy part of the season due to a very good sale [not a bad thing, the more testees the better] and the fact that it is summer time in the northern hemisphere, which means that more than the "normal" amount of people in the lab are possibly on vacation.

I think your last test result will be here shortly.

Comment

My Confirmed Haplogroup: O3a3c* [M117- M122+ M134+ M159- M162- M7- P101- P93+]

Comment

Originally posted by finn1031 View Post
            My Confirmed Haplogroup: O3a3c* [M117- M122+ M134+ M159- M162- M7- P101- P93+]
            Congrats on the news!

I'm still waiting but I hope the results are on their way soon.

Comment

I'm still waiting for my result.

Overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by VelvetVellocet View Post
                I'm still waiting for my result.

Overdue.
                My upgrade results came in today. Yours can't be too far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by CWF View Post
                  My upgrade results came in today. Yours can't be too far behind.

Are you still I1*?

Comment

My batch 310 result came in a while ago. With my new HVR2 results I found out that my mitosearch matches narrowed down from thousands to just 52 (HVR1 & HVR2, with no differences).
                    Some say they are H, some are H1, some H1*, some are H1c. They are still from a lot of different countries, but not as many as before. Eleven of my exact matches are H1c. One of my H1c matches says he is H1c2.

One person says they are R1. I think they made a typo. I didn't count that one as a match because I am H1.

Comment

FTDNA says first run was inconclusive.

They're running a second test on the first swab and if it's still inconclusive will test the second swab.

I've got another few weeks to wait.

It would be a good idea for FTDNA to notify people when the test kits come back inconclusive so they know they're in for weeks more of waiting time. I had to send two emails to elicit a response.

Oh well, at least they're thorough.

Comment

Originally posted by VelvetVellocet View Post
                        FTDNA says first run was inconclusive.

They're running a second test on the first swab and if it's still inconclusive will test the second swab.

I've got another few weeks to wait.

It would be a good idea for FTDNA to notify people when the test kits come back inconclusive so they know they're in for weeks more of waiting time. I had to send two emails to elicit a response.

Oh well, at least they're thorough.

OMG That is way overdue. It should have been finished by now.
                        I've had various tests with various companies and I remember having to send in extra swabs for two of them. Once for DNATribes ---they wanted me to use 3 more swabs for the extra markers. And the other was FTDNA ---they sent me extra swabs because the data/dna they already had from me from the Genographic Project test didn't yield anything after the initial H result. The Genographic Project told me I'm H. FTDNA was their lab. It was when I tested directly with FTDNA, for my CCR5 and H subclade test and DS9 (Amerinidian marker test) and then my HVR2, that I had to send in extra swabs. I think that was for the subclade test.

You should've received your results by now. I sympathize with you. I know what it's like to wait. And it's beyond the reasonable time.
                        Last edited by rainbow; 21 August 2009, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X