Batch 309

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 309

This is my first post here (hi all), and I am getting the full meal deal done...

SuperDNA(FGS) 07/15/2009 309
    SuperDNA(HVR1) 07/15/2009 309
    SuperDNA(HVR2) 07/15/2009 309

SuperDNA(Y-DNA38-47 Markers) 07/15/2009 309
    SuperDNA(Y-DNA48-60 Markers) 07/15/2009 309
    SuperDNA(Y-DNA61-67 Markers) 07/15/2009 309
    SuperDNA(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) 07/17/2009 309
    SuperDNA(Y-DNA26-37 Markers) 07/17/2009 309
    SuperDNA(Y-DNA1-12 Markers) 07/03/2009 309

Another Batch 309er

Originally posted by sanelson View Post
    This is my first post here (hi all), and I am getting the full meal deal done...
    Very impressive!

I am also having some tests run, specifically:
    DYS452
    DYS464x
    R-P312 (L61)
    Y-GATA-A10 and
    Y-GGAAT-1B07

Douglas (born Griffeth)
    Kit 145178

Comment

Sweet

My 12 marker results are in today; that was FAST!

Predicted I1, 163 exact matches... I guess it'll get a lot more interesting as more test results come in. Or as I learn more about what it is I am looking at. ;-)

They are already trying to get me to order a Deep Clade 1 test. Is this something that will sort itself out if I am getting a Y-67, or would this be totally seperate? I thought I'd have more time to read up more to be able to understand my results better. If I would need to order it anyway, I want to do it as early as I can to save time.

I wonder when the rest is going coming!

Comment

My 12 marker results are in today; that was FAST!

Predicted I1, 163 exact matches... I guess it'll get a lot more interesting as more test results come in. Or as I learn more about what it is I am looking at. ;-)

They are already trying to get me to order a Deep Clade 1 test. Is this something that will sort itself out if I am getting a Y-67, or would this be totally seperate? I thought I'd have more time to read up more to be able to understand my results better. If I would need to order it anyway, I want to do it as early as I can to save time.

I wonder when the rest is going coming!
        12-marker matches are very, very common unless you have a drop of two of Martian blood in you

I have found the Deep Clade to be very helpful in sorting out matches and near matches, and that allows me to eliminate most of the thousands of 12-marker "cousins". I recommend the Deep Clade if you can afford it, and I have no affiliation in this company except as a client.

Happy Hunting!
        Douglas
        Kit 145178
        YSearch ID: 2KJBR

Comment

Batch 309 results are starting to come in!

Today I received the results of my DYS464X test:
          15c-15c-17c-17g - plain vanilla

Douglas
          Kit 145178
          ySearch ID: 2KJBR

Comment

12-marker matches are very, very common unless you have a drop of two of Martian blood in you
            You just need a haplogroup that isnt common in the USA or Britain to have very few 12 marker matches.

I have R1a1 and my 12 marker matches are 41

Nothing on 25 or 37

Maybe if there would be more Testers from Eastern Europe I would have "thousands" of 12 Marker matches too.

Comment

The deep-clade test is offered to all customers once the first 12 markers and haplogroup prediction are in. Your additional markers won't refine your haplogroup prediction in FTDNA's system.

The deep-clade test is more useful for some haplogroups than others, simply because geneticists have had differing levels of success in identifying SNPs that divide each haplogroup into subclades.

I1 is one haplogroup that hasn't been divided as successfully as some others. So before you order the deep-clade, check with the people who are most knowledgeable about haplogroup I1. The best place to start is the I1 project:

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...1/default.aspx

Click the Request to Join This Group link on the left to join the project. The project admin will then try to place you into one of many different I1 clusters based on your marker values. Once you see which cluster you match, you should then be able to see if that cluster is associated with a SNP-defined subclade of I1.

That's about the extent of my own personal knowledge of I1, but I wanted to at least point you in the right direction. Don't be afraid to contact the I1 project admin for further assistance, and also check out the various links on the I1 project website.

Elise

Comment

Elise has provided you with excellent advise.

The best thing for you to do is list your ysearch ID.

Then, later get some additional markers tested. [edit, never mind about that, I re-read that you have a bunch coming in]

IF it looks like your addicted, or want to rule out close matches that "might" not be in your same subclade, then order the deep I clade.

Many times, I1 haplotypes won't need the deep clade, but sometimes we go for it for true confirmation.

Unfortunately, the pick and choose SNPs are not available any longer.

I'd also extend to you an invite to join the dna-forums.org.

There are many of us who are on FTDNA and dna-forums.

Good luck with your quest.

Comment

All,

Thanks for the help and input. I have registered at DNA Forums, in fact I did it the same day I registered here... and I am sure I'll do what I do on the other million message boards I subscribe to on topics that interest me: lurk. ;-)

When I get the spare time I have been reading up in preparation for the rest of my results to come in. I have been lurking here and at DNA Forums > DNA Discussion > y-DNA Haplogroups > I Haplogroup, as well as some of the more basic level sub forums. It's nice that there's such a helpful bunch here, and as my knowledge grows, I'll do the same where I can. I am glad classes I have had covering genetics, organic chemistry, molecular biology etc in general aren't totally lost to me, but from a genealogical standpoint, I have a lot to learn.

I appreciate the replies.
                  ~scot
                  Last edited by sanelson; 2 June 2009, 10:39 PM. Reason: typo, likely missed others. ;-)

Comment

Batch 309 results

Originally posted by justusla View Post
                    Very impressive!

I am also having some tests run, specifically:
                    DYS452
                    DYS464x
                    R-P312 (L61)
                    Y-GATA-A10 and
                    Y-GGAAT-1B07

Douglas (born Griffeth)
                    Kit 145178
                    DYS452 - 29
                    DYS464X - 15c 15c 17c 17g
                    R-P312(L61) - negative
                    Y-GATA-A10 - 13
                    ... still waiting for
                    Y-GGAAT-1B07

Comment

Just wanted to note:
                      finaly... I got my last to 67.

well, it leaves me rather far away from anyone. Closest is now a distance of 9.

Comment

Tick tock tick tock

I'm the defacto family genealogist, and we have a family reunion the last week of this month. Sure would like to have the results of Batch 309 to review and absorb, as the information from the first test may send our entire family in a whole different direction. It would be nice to get a note of explanation why something is a week overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by JimMcP View Post
                          I'm the defacto family genealogist, and we have a family reunion the last week of this month. Sure would like to have the results of Batch 309 to review and absorb, as the information from the first test may send our entire family in a whole different direction. It would be nice to get a note of explanation why something is a week overdue.
                          As explained on your Pending Results tab, the "due date" is only an estimated target date. Some results come in early, some come in right on time, and some go past the estimated due date. There are many factors that can affect exactly when each person's results come in, and one of those is the volume of orders.

Batches 309 & 310 are both overloaded batches as a result of FTDNA's upgrade sale offered those two weeks. So there's likely some backlog from the volume of orders in these two batches. Results have been trickling in, but there are also plenty still pending.

If you want to know the status of specific kit numbers, you can email FTDNA and they will look up those kits for you.

Elise

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel72 View Post
                            You just need a haplogroup that isnt common in the USA or Britain to have very few 12 marker matches.

I have R1a1 and my 12 marker matches are 41

Nothing on 25 or 37

Maybe if there would be more Testers from Eastern Europe I would have "thousands" of 12 Marker matches too.
                            there's no exact match on my 12 STRs
                            so I didn't go 25, 37 or 67
                            I went straight to deep clade testing
                            because O is still little tested by FTDNA

Comment

I am in batch 309 extending from 12 to 37 markers and last week got my 3th panel results(26-37)
                              However my 2nd panel (13-25) still shows "Lab results pending".
                              Is this normal, aren't they supposed to come together?

Comment

Working...
                              X