• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    redcardphreek

• redcardphreek
    replied
    Never received an email.

I forgot about the hurricane, so it is understandable about the delay.

Would have been nice to have been updated about the delay, though.

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    Webinar Coordinator

• efgen
    replied
    The current delays are due to Hurricane Ike slamming into Houston, where the Family Tree DNA office and advanced lab are located. The building sustained damage, they were without power for a week or so, the phones weren't working properly, etc. They are just now getting back to business as usual, two weeks after the storm.

FTDNA sent out several email updates both before and after Ike -- I don't know if they only went to project administrators or if they went to all customers.

Sorry you didn't get your results before your birthday, but this situation was well beyond their control. They did their best to minimize downtime and delays, and they are doing their best to catch up on what did get delayed.

Leave a comment:

• redcardphreek

• redcardphreek
    replied
    Delayed YET Again!

10/31

It was supposed to be a birthday present.

Hopefully I get the results before my next birthday

Leave a comment:

• redcardphreek

• redcardphreek
    replied
    Delayed again.

My HG I clade test is now supposed to report 9/26, more than a month past when it was supposed to.

Leave a comment:

• gohan
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by Darren
    Batch 264 was a very large batch due to the numerous upgrades ordered during the promotion offer. The lab ran a very large volume of tests and we have started receiving results but will be getting the majority of results over the next week and the following. (Provided your panel did not fail.)

Darren Marin
    Family Tree DNA
    Hopefully this is the week to get my results for upgrades

Leave a comment:

• nan
    Guest replied
    Thank you

Darren,

Thank you for your response. It's easier to wait when you have a reason. I suspected it was just the large batch size but was anxious none the less.

Phyllis

Leave a comment:

• Yaffa

• Yaffa
    replied
    Originally posted by marvallen
    Yes, it's the autosomal results part that I ordered that I'm also waiting for....
    OK thanks! At least I know I am not the only one waiting on the autosomal

Leave a comment:

• marvallen

• marvallen
    replied
    Yes, it's the autosomal results part that I ordered that I'm also waiting for....

Leave a comment:

• Yaffa

• Yaffa
    replied
    Originally posted by marvallen
    I'm in batch 267 and I have received half of my results about two weeks early , so I guess it would depend on your specific tests.....
    I ordered 1 autosomal marker so I guess I am not on the DNA priority list with one $15 test. Oh the waiting!

Leave a comment:

• marvallen

• marvallen
    replied
    I'm in batch 267 and I have received half of my results about two weeks early , so I guess it would depend on your specific tests.....

Leave a comment:

• Yaffa

• Yaffa
    replied
    Batch

Darren, is batch 267 behind too?

Leave a comment:

• Darren
    FTDNA Customer

• Darren
    replied
    Batch 264 was a very large batch due to the numerous upgrades ordered during the promotion offer. The lab ran a very large volume of tests and we have started receiving results but will be getting the majority of results over the next week and the following. (Provided your panel did not fail.)

Darren Marin
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• nan
    Guest replied
    I still haven't heard anything. No results....no news.

Leave a comment:

• MMaddi
    yDNA: R-CTS2509; mtDNA: T2e

• MMaddi
    replied
    Originally posted by MMaddi
    My close match who upgraded from 37 to 67 and is in Batch 264 started to receive some results yesterday. He got markers 48-60. So it seems the bottleneck has been broken. Hopefully, he'll get the remaining markers this week.

His new results show that he has a null 425, like me (expected), and we now differ on just 4 of 59 markers.
    My match's remaining marker results came in today. Has anyone else with an upgrade from 37 to 67 in Batch 264 gotten results over the last 24 hours?

We now match on 63/67. However, we both have an extra 9 markers, he from Ancestry.com (where he first tested) and me from the FTDNA "advanced orders" menu. With those extra markers, we have a 72/76 match.

Taking into account that we don't have a common ancestor in at least the 3 previous generations, FTDNA's calculator gives us a 50% chance of having a common ancestor 9-10 generations ago. Given that my great-grandfather was born about 1845, this means it's most likely our common ancestor was born in the late 1600s. That's disappointing. I was hoping for a common ancestor born after 1750 since the Italian civil records don't begin until 1809. A common ancestor born before 1750 will make it very difficult to find him in the records. That means going to the church records, which aren't microfilmed.

Leave a comment:

• MMaddi
    yDNA: R-CTS2509; mtDNA: T2e

• MMaddi
    replied
    My close match who upgraded from 37 to 67 and is in Batch 264 started to receive some results yesterday. He got markers 48-60. So it seems the bottleneck has been broken. Hopefully, he'll get the remaining markers this week.

His new results show that he has a null 425, like me (expected), and we now differ on just 4 of 59 markers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X