Batch 264

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting...
    Did anyone belongs to this batch 264 got their results?

Comment

I'm still waiting. I haven't received any of the panels for my upgrade from 37-67. They must be backed up from the sale. Has anyone called or emailed them for their completion estimate?

Comment

I decided to call and was told that the QA didn't like the results from 2 of the 3 panels. They are rerunning the tests and probably get the results by the 2nd week of september.

Comment

Just got email from FTdna as below:

A very small percentage of the tests we perform do not return conclusive results the first time we test. In these cases, the samples do not produce a reading that allows our lab to determine with 100% certainty the values for one or more markers or regions. When this happens, we re-test the sample. We repeat this procedure up to 3 times after the initial test fails to give a clear result.

Your result failed to produce a clear result in this run. Below is a status update for your test, as well as an estimated time of when the next rerun is expected to be completed:

PP3 - 9/19/2008 This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.

Anyone got good results under batch 264?

Comment

My close match who upgraded from 37 to 67 and is in Batch 264 started to receive some results yesterday. He got markers 48-60. So it seems the bottleneck has been broken. Hopefully, he'll get the remaining markers this week.

His new results show that he has a null 425, like me (expected), and we now differ on just 4 of 59 markers.

Comment

Originally posted by MMaddi
              My close match who upgraded from 37 to 67 and is in Batch 264 started to receive some results yesterday. He got markers 48-60. So it seems the bottleneck has been broken. Hopefully, he'll get the remaining markers this week.

His new results show that he has a null 425, like me (expected), and we now differ on just 4 of 59 markers.
              My match's remaining marker results came in today. Has anyone else with an upgrade from 37 to 67 in Batch 264 gotten results over the last 24 hours?

We now match on 63/67. However, we both have an extra 9 markers, he from Ancestry.com (where he first tested) and me from the FTDNA "advanced orders" menu. With those extra markers, we have a 72/76 match.

Taking into account that we don't have a common ancestor in at least the 3 previous generations, FTDNA's calculator gives us a 50% chance of having a common ancestor 9-10 generations ago. Given that my great-grandfather was born about 1845, this means it's most likely our common ancestor was born in the late 1600s. That's disappointing. I was hoping for a common ancestor born after 1750 since the Italian civil records don't begin until 1809. A common ancestor born before 1750 will make it very difficult to find him in the records. That means going to the church records, which aren't microfilmed.

Comment

I still haven't heard anything. No results....no news.

Comment

Batch 264 was a very large batch due to the numerous upgrades ordered during the promotion offer. The lab ran a very large volume of tests and we have started receiving results but will be getting the majority of results over the next week and the following. (Provided your panel did not fail.)

Darren Marin
                  Family Tree DNA

Comment

Batch

Darren, is batch 267 behind too?

Comment

I'm in batch 267 and I have received half of my results about two weeks early , so I guess it would depend on your specific tests.....

Comment

Originally posted by marvallen
                        I'm in batch 267 and I have received half of my results about two weeks early , so I guess it would depend on your specific tests.....
                        I ordered 1 autosomal marker so I guess I am not on the DNA priority list with one $15 test. Oh the waiting!

Comment

Yes, it's the autosomal results part that I ordered that I'm also waiting for....

Comment

Originally posted by marvallen
                            Yes, it's the autosomal results part that I ordered that I'm also waiting for....
                            OK thanks! At least I know I am not the only one waiting on the autosomal

Comment

Thank you

Darren,

Thank you for your response. It's easier to wait when you have a reason. I suspected it was just the large batch size but was anxious none the less.

Phyllis

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                                Batch 264 was a very large batch due to the numerous upgrades ordered during the promotion offer. The lab ran a very large volume of tests and we have started receiving results but will be getting the majority of results over the next week and the following. (Provided your panel did not fail.)

Darren Marin
                                Family Tree DNA
                                Hopefully this is the week to get my results for upgrades

Comment

Working...
                                X