Batch 255 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 255 Created

Awaiting results on mtHVR2 to Mega(FGS) scheduled for 06/16/08.

More from Batch 255

Awaiting results of a (FULL) Y-STR DNA-FP Panel 5 Palindromic Pack; this, along with an Autosomal CCR 5 test (June 16th). It would be interesting to hear from those who took these tests and what the results revealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Isbell(1)
      Awaiting results of a (FULL) Y-STR DNA-FP Panel 5 Palindromic Pack; this, along with an Autosomal CCR 5 test (June 16th). It would be interesting to hear from those who took these tests and what the results revealed.
      I took the CCR5 test and it was normal/normal.

Comment

I also took the CCR5 test, Batch 221, and am normal/normal.

Comment

Batch 255, CCR5 results

Well, I got the results back from my CCR5 test, Batch 255, and it reads
          normal, normal. Guess I better not fool around with HIV and Bubonic Plague.
          Darn.

Comment

Aww
            I've never seen anyone report that they got both deletions, but I don't check all the threads. The only person I know of that has the two deletions was that guy in the tv program about CCR5.
            It would have been kewl to have both deletions, because it would have been like a time capsule from the distant past surviving to today, but then all our genes are like that. I wonder if those of us that don't have the deletions are descended from people who lived in towns that were never exposed to the Black Death? Is that possible?
            Last edited by rainbow; 26 May 2008, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Some people were immune to the plague.

Comment

My FGS was due on June 16 but I'm now told it might be another 3 weeks because the lab is VERY busy.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to wait and wait and then be told to wait some more. Hang in there.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow
                    Aww
                    I've never seen anyone report that they got both deletions, but I don't check all the threads. The only person I know of that has the two deletions was that guy in the tv program about CCR5.
                    It would have been kewl to have both deletions, because it would have been like a time capsule from the distant past surviving to today, but then all our genes are like that. I wonder if those of us that don't have the deletions are descended from people who lived in towns that were never exposed to the Black Death? Is that possible?
                    I thought this was a misnomer, Black Death was bacterial, CCR5 is auto-immune related. Shouldn't actually have an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagelfar
                      I thought this was a misnomer, Black Death was bacterial, CCR5 is auto-immune related. Shouldn't actually have an effect.
                      I dunno. How I found out about it was from a tv show/program on PBS about the Black Death/Plague and CCR5.
                      http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/prev...gue/index.html
                      It wasn't a cheery topic. Glad I got tested. I was so curious. I guess it was a fad for a while.

BTW, mine is 'normal normal'. That means I'm ordinary and I don't have the protection.

I wish all those dna samples from the English people tested for that tv program could have been a part of DNATribes populations. Their database needs more English people. My current highest match is ...Syria..?!??

Elizabeth
                      Last edited by rainbow; 20 June 2008, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Still awaiting my results for my Mt-FGS. They got my order on 4/25/08, it was due on 6/16/08 but I was told by FTDNA that it might be another two weeks. So I emailed FTDNA on 06/20/08. On 06/27/08 they responded that it might be another two weeks.

It seems to be taking a long time.

Comment

Updated Due Date

I just got an email from FTDNA stating that my new due date is 08/08/08. They are installing new machinery and hopefully this should speed things up.

Comment

Working...
                          X