• jaynegen
    replied
    FGS results in

FGS results came in today!!

Leave a comment:

• jaynegen
    replied
    Delayed..

FGS delayed. Originally due 10/15/07, now due 11/2/07.

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    k

Thanks for the information....

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Vinny,

Understanding FTDNA's process should help address your complaints...

Originally posted by Vinny
    Almost 2 weeks had gone by when I first sent my kit. I hadn’t heard nothing back at all.. Finally I wrote them an e-mail asking if they ever received my kit ( I didn’t to it earlier because I didn’t want to annoying anyone and figured they are probably pretty busy people) and they said that they had received it and didn’t know why it had not posted yet...
    FTDNA is normally very quick to process received kits, so this is very unusual, and I think can only be explained as a rare mistake.

They gave me my log in information then probably like another half week went by before they ever posted my batch number
    Batches of orders are created once a week, every Wednesday -- consistently. If your kit was received on a Thursday, your order wouldn't be batched until the following Wednesday.

then it took them for ever to post anything else. I had noticed that other people already knew information before anything was ever posted to my site..
    First-time customers always get a progress page that shows steps and dates. The DNA Isolation step is the longest mid-process step, and you won't see an update for about 2 weeks after that step begins. The target due date is provided either when the Sequencing step begins or when Quality Control begins (I don't remember which).

Existing customers do not see this progress page when they order a new test or upgrade. Instead, they simply get a batch number and a target due date on the Wednesday after they place (and pay for) the order. So when you say that other people knew information before you did, I assume that these were existing customers who were ordering additional tests.

I ordered my Y67 Marker the first time and just today my mtDNA Plus (what else are you going to do, they seem to have the best program).. So hopefully not too much longer for me to get anything back..
    Based on the information that I provided above, you should expect to see the batch number and projected due date for your mtDNAPlus test next Wednesday.

Elise
    Last edited by efgen; 31 August 2007, 02:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben_Redeker
    My profile says my kit was received on 8/23/07 but it still says Batch 0 with no date next to it. Does it take a while for it to be updated? Because it seems like my batch was supposed to be created yesterday?
    Ben,

The only reason I can think of for your order not to have been batched this week is if the order hasn't been paid in full yet. But there could be some other reason. For a definitive answer, email FTDNA at [email protected] and ask them to look at your account. All we can do here on the board is speculate.

Elise

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    Be prepared to wait…

I’m not in your batch.. but I did read what you wrote and not trying to be rude to FTDNA but it does seem to take them a while to do anything. Almost 2 weeks had gone by when I first sent my kit. I hadn’t heard nothing back at all.. Finally I wrote them an e-mail asking if they ever received my kit ( I didn’t to it earlier because I didn’t want to annoying anyone and figured they are probably pretty busy people) and they said that they had received it and didn’t know why it had not posted yet... They gave me my log in information then probably like another half week went by before they ever posted my batch number, then it took them for ever to post anything else. I had noticed that other people already knew information before anything was ever posted to my site.. Anyway I’m in batch 214 and still waiting for any results... I hate to be the kind of person that sounds like I’m whining so I will stop now... I have noticed some people get their information pretty quick so I think its just the "luck of the draw". Who knows anyway Good luck:-) PS. I ordered my Y67 Marker the first time and just today my mtDNA Plus (what else are you going to do, they seem to have the best program).. So hopefully not too much longer for me to get anything back..
    Last edited by Vinny; 31 August 2007, 02:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ben_Redeker
    replied
    Originally posted by jaynegen
    mtHVR2toMega(FGS)

Expected: 10/15/2007

mtdna Haplogroup K: 224C, 311C, 519C
    My profile says my kit was received on 8/23/07 but it still says Batch 0 with no date next to it. Does it take a while for it to be updated? Because it seems like my batch was supposed to be created yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• jaynegen
    started a topic Batch 220 Created

Batch 220 Created

mtHVR2toMega(FGS)

Expected: 10/15/2007

mtdna Haplogroup K: 224C, 311C, 519C
Working...
X