Batch 218 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some links here to these people or tribes that may have contained a significant amount of U5a1a and R1b1c* (could be R1b1c9 or R1b1c10).

Nordic - Finnic peoples:

U5a1a: Nordics and Alpines
    U5a1a: Varangians, Vikings and Norse.

Nordic - Finnic groups:

* Besermyan
    * Burtas
    * Chud
    * Finns
    * Estonians
    * Karelians
    * Komi
    * Komi-Permyaks
    * Udmurts
    * Mari
    * Merya people
    * Meshchera people
    * Mordvins, see also Erzya and Moksha
    * Muromian people
    * Narova
    * Sami (Lapps)
    * Setos
    * Izhorians
    * Livonians
    * Veps
    * Votes

West Germanic tribes:

R1b1c*: Alpines and Mediterraneans
    R1b1c*: Franks and Cymry.

* Saxons
    * Jutes
    * Angles
    * Thuringians
    * Alamanni
    * Suebi

I'm quite certain that the Lombard's shared a close relationship with the Saxons, Angles and Frisians. Either the Lombard's or the Franks made it to Randazzo CT, Sicily. Also - Germanic / Norman heritage found in Santo Stefano Di Camastra ME, Sicily. There is historical evidence that can back this up. There are about 35% people that share a similar background to my family in Sicily. I am certain that family is not indigenous to Sicily, but we are indigenous to Nth/Western and Central Europe.

To call us (Italians/Sicilians) Mediterraneans, or WOGS - was a misnomer and very offensive - by the Anglo-Australians people when migrating to Australia. At least now with DNA proof - I can verify where most my people come from in Europe. There are too many brothers and sisters in Europe - there is no need to have a family feud. We are all related throughout Europe.

Blood has a lot of cultural significance, and has made a lot history and combination of people through migration to the new world.

Comment

• MMaddi
      yDNA: R-CTS2509; mtDNA: T2e
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JR-R1b
      To call us (Italians/Sicilians) Mediterraneans, or WOGS - was a misnomer and very offensive - by the Anglo-Australians people when migrating to Australia. At least now with DNA proof - I can verify where most my people come from in Europe. There are too many brothers and sisters in Europe - there is no need to have a family feud. We are all related throughout Europe.

Blood has a lot of cultural significance, and has made a lot history and combination of people through migration to the new world.
      Yes, I agree that WOG is a racist, nasty term, but what's wrong with being called Mediterranean??? That merely describes the part of Europe that a counrty is in or perhaps that its deep ancestry comes from.

The fact is that Sicily is Mediterranean in its genetic makeup to a large degree. In the Sicily Project, 60-65% of our yDNA results are in haplogroups I call "Mediterranean" - E3b, J1, J2, I1b, G/G2 and K2. Some of these results may indicate ancestry in Sicily that goes back 10,000 years, when people from Anatolia and other areas of the Middle East brought agriculture into Europe. And the Mediterranean Greeks and Arabs/Berbers who also contributed to Sicily's history had many accomplishments too.

Even though I'm an R1b1c9 whose ancestors probably came to Sicily from northern Europe, I'm proud to be descended from ancestors from Mediterranean Sicily.

Mike Maddi
      Sicily Project Co-Administrator

Comment

Cultural and biological factors

I'm proud to be descended from ancestors from Mediterranean Sicily.
        I accept - I am culturally a 'Mediterranean Sicilian'. Since I found out about my dna - it has altered my position of my biological origins throughout Europe as whole.

How long does one need to stay in one place to call it home?

My family - have been in Sicily - for a least 800 years. This would make my family culturally 'Mediterranean Sicilians'.

What makes us who we are - isn't 100% about our DNA material - but a percentage should also go to 'culturally factors'. This make up equals our life on the planet.

Pride is important to everyone. It's hard not to support your own people, own group. Especially when every one in the town - are your first, second, third - cousins, uncles, aunties - bordering your lands. You love them - no what what.

Comment

• Joe Grimes
          • Jul 2007

The rest of my deep clade results came in today and I am officially R1b1c!

Comment

Are you going to test from S21?

Comment

• Joe Grimes
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by JR-R1b
              Are you going to test from S21?
              Since it looked like my numbers pointed towards being S21+ I went ahead and tested with EthnoAncestry before I received my deep clade results from FTDNA. My EA results came in yesterday (one day after the rest of my FTDNA results) and sure enough I tested S21+ making me R1b1c9* or under the upcoming new nomenclature R1b1b2g*. I do plan on re-testing with FTDNA when they make their new SNP testing available for R1b1c9.

Comment

Working...
              X