X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• morrisondna
    replied
    Still Waiting

Three sets of results from this batch not yet received.

Leave a comment:

• viofam
    replied
    any Y-DNA results from Batch 217?

I expected results yesterday -- none posted yet.
    Just wondering if anyone has results from this batch.

Leave a comment:

• kilrush98
    replied
    New member Batch 217

Hi,

This is all new to me. I joined the Irish Heritage DNA Project, and have been notified that I am in Batch 217.

I have questions, and I don't want to keep bugging the people at the info center. I'm being tested for Y-25. How much information should I expect? My Dad was from Ireland, and I can track the paper trail back to 1829 when my great, great grandfather was born (Mogue Kehoe). I am quite certain from birth records that there were no adoptions.

Being that my surname "Kehoe" is a native Irish name (Mac Eochaidh), I would expect to be R1b1. The names I have seen from "related" families in Leinster, Byrne, Dowling, Kavanaugh, etc., have all come up R1b1.

Will a y-25 be able to show a relationship between the Kehoes and the Byrnes as is recorded in Irish Annals? Will I be able to tell how long my paternal line has been in Ireland. I would love to think we were living in Ireland during the erection of the stone monuments.

To be honest, I'm preparing myself for the possibility of not being an R1b1, but I just don't see how it could happen. Well of course there is the possibility of distant adoption and/or illigitamcy.

Thanks for your time and good luck to all! Miles Kehoe

Leave a comment:

• jaynegen
    replied
    Batches -yay

I love the batch created links. It's a place for us to tell when our results come in which is not as predictable!

Leave a comment:

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    Another Exciting Event

Isn't is amazing how they create a new batch every Wednesday, unless it a holiday, and they only add one to the batch number each time.

Just think how many messages there would be in this topic if each person in a new batch posted a message telling us they were in the batch.

Leave a comment:

• jaynegen
    started a topic Batch 217 created

Batch 217 created

My autosomal tests are in this batch. Created 8/9/07: 217.
    Expected: 9/24/07.

Haplogroup: K
Working...
X