Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinny
    replied
    I don't know what this mean either but thought I would post it if its helpful to figure this out. It says I have an exact match in France, but on the other list it isn't there so who knows.

12 Marker Y-DNA Matches
    Exact Matches
    Country (Number of Entries) Comment Your Matches
    France (1744)
    -
    One Step Mutations
    Country (Number of Entries) Comment Your Matches
    Cuba (72)
    -
    Denmark (465)
    -
    England (13263)
    -
    France (1744)
    -
    Germany (6080)
    -
    Ireland (7290)
    -
    Italy (1601)
    -
    Northern Ireland (328)
    -
    Poland (1563)
    -
    Russia (2105)
    Ashkenazi
    Scotland (5855)
    -
    Sicily (221)
    -
    Spain (1590)
    -
    Switzerland (844)
    -
    United Kingdom (4336)
    -
    Wales (1095)
    -
    Last edited by Vinny; 13 October 2007, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    I noticed that I match people in Scotland and Ireland as well. And about the McGhee that’s about everyone I match at all. The Project administrator of the New Mexico project said that a lot of Spanish people match those areas because something in history, I think he said around the 800 or 900's the Basque people and some other group went into the Iberian Peninsula (Spain). I can't remember exactly, he is going to write the explanation down sometime and send it to me. But I think its odd because that’s all about who I match. I don't have any close matches in Spain, but at the same time who knows how many people from there have tested. Here is a list of people I match minus e-mails of course.
    No 12 Marker Y-DNA Matches Found

Genetic Distance - 1
    Name E-mail
    Herman O. Luera (Y67)
    Joseph Daniel Griego

25 Marker Matches (5)
    Genetic Distance - 2
    Name E-mail
    Charles Lloyd McGehee (Y37)
    Woody L McGehee (Y37)
    Felix E. McGehee (Y67)
    James William McGhee (Y37)
    John Dixon Staples

No 37 Marker Y-DNA Matches Found

67 Marker Matches (1)
    Genetic Distance - 7
    Name E-mail
    Mr. Donald Glen McGhee

Thats it...
    Last edited by Vinny; 13 October 2007, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    The McGhee family of Scotland provides an even more interesting perspective:

http://www.ysearch.org/search_result...smatches_max=9

Except for their own surname, you are their closest relative; and there is a telltale gap (in genetic distance) between you and other surnames.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 13 October 2007, 04:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Originally posted by Vinny
    Does anyone think it would be a good idea to write to some people with the surname there and see if I can get them to take a test, do you think I would have any luck with a match?
    You could, although they will probably assume it's a scam unless you agree to spllit the cost with them.

Are you sure you're looking in the right country? You have an awful lot of fairly close matches in Scotland and Ireland:

http://www.ysearch.org/search_result...matches_max=12

Perhaps a more realistic view is from a man who is close to the Beaty family modal:

http://www.ysearch.org/search_result...smatches_max=9

You, and the Frenchman UAWPH, are the only ones in the list not of British Isles ancestry.
    Last edited by lgmayka; 13 October 2007, 04:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    I don’t know about anyone else but doesn’t this seem like its taking forever.. I mean I know we know the due dates and I know that the results aren’t even due back yet but I just cant wait.. I want to know. I guess my impatience come from one on the reasons I am having my DNA tested… Ill tell you really quickly.. I have been doing my genealogy for a while now (working with different genealogist) and like I said before I didn’t even know you could have this done. Anyway I have always been told these great family stories of people with my last name Cienfuegos.. We (a genealogist from New Mexico and I) found some court documents and found out that my Great Great Great Grandmother was a courtesan.. So all those stories were probably made up to cover this fact up.. Anyway we found a court case where she accuses a man of being the father of her children and he is was Jewish so first we want to see if I am a descendant of someone with “Jewish” DNA (I use the term loosely because I know there are debates about this) second we are trying to locate a male descendant of him or one of his brothers to see if there are any matches.. Or any matches period in the people they already have on file.. I can't wait to solve this mystery…

Well.. I found out that I’m in Haplogroup R1b1c. The Administrator of the New Mexico project says that that means most likely I am of Spanish decent. So I guess now its back to trying to find more of a paper trail and someone with the surname Cienfuegos. Oh yea and now I found more documents says the opposite of the whole Courtesan thing. So now I guess she wasn't, she was just accused of being one.. I am having so much fun trying to figure all this out. Its kind of like a very hard puzzle that I really want to solve. Oh and also on some documents I found that who ever she had children with, was someone with the last name Cienfuegos from Spain. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to write to some people with the surname there and see if I can get them to take a test, do you think I would have any luck with a match? I mean the surname is not that common.

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    Y-Search

My Y search ID is 59JDM... I dont think I match anyone very close... R1b1c.. I dont know what that means...Thanks.. This is the first test I have had done...Hopefully I will start to understand all this...

Leave a comment:

• MMaddi
    replied
    My results came in today...I don't understand them.. at all... but they came in... Yea!...
    If you post your results and what questions you have, maybe some of us can help you understand what they mean. It helps if you've uploaded yDNA results to ysearch.org or mtDNA results to mitosearch.org and give us the ysearch or mitosearch ID for your account.

Mike Maddi

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    Results

My results came in today...I don't understand them.. at all... but they came in... Yea!...

Leave a comment:

• MMaddi
    replied
    Originally posted by MMaddi
    I have an order in this batch:

DYF399X(DYF399X) 09/03/2007 214
    I received my results today, just one day late. Not bad, considering that yesterday was Labor Day.

These are the results - 22t-24.1t-25c

Leave a comment:

• Jukka
    replied
    C/D Kit(DYF397) 09/03/2007 214

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    ahhh

I just got this email back... This sucks I was so excited... Oh well... I guess..
    Hello Vinny,

It does appear that there will be a delay on your results being posted. A few portions of the test, the 1-12, and the 38-67 require retests for the marker values. The middle section 13-37 did return clear and unambiguous results.

This generally happens in about 10% of all samples tested. The retests will begin this week and generally take about 4-5 weeks to complete.

We apologize for the delays however the retest procedure is one of over half a dozen quality control measures used by the lab to insure accurate results.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Have a nice day,

Catherine McDonald
    Family Tree DNA

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    No Patience!

I don’t know about anyone else but doesn’t this seem like its taking forever.. I mean I know we know the due dates and I know that the results aren’t even due back yet but I just cant wait.. I want to know. I guess my impatience come from one on the reasons I am having my DNA tested… Ill tell you really quickly.. I have been doing my genealogy for a while now (working with different genealogist) and like I said before I didn’t even know you could have this done. Anyway I have always been told these great family stories of people with my last name Cienfuegos.. We (a genealogist from New Mexico and I) found some court documents and found out that my Great Great Great Grandmother was a courtesan.. So all those stories were probably made up to cover this fact up.. Anyway we found a court case where she accuses a man of being the father of her children and he is was Jewish so first we want to see if I am a descendant of someone with “Jewish” DNA (I use the term loosely because I know there are debates about this) second we are trying to locate a male descendant of him or one of his brothers to see if there are any matches.. Or any matches period in the people they already have on file.. I can't wait to solve this mystery…
    Last edited by Vinny; 23 August 2007, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Vinny
    replied
    Hi...

I'm new to all this DNA stuff, this si the first time I have ordered anything. I have a kit in this batch as well... Here are all the dates I have for mine. I can't wait to get the results... I'm very excited. I didn't even know you could have your DNA tested until a genealogist that I am working with told me about it and suggested that I have it done.. I got the 67 marker test... Anyway just thought I would post the dates I had...
    Kit Received
    07/12/2007

Batch 214 created
    07/18/2007

DNA Isolation began
    07/21/2007

DNA at Sequencing facility
    08/03/2007

Quality Control began
    08/07/2007

*Target Results Date
    08/31/2007

Leave a comment:

• MMaddi
    replied
    Originally posted by gypsi323
    Does this mean the target date to get this batch back is in September? My page is not showing any target date, this is why I am asking. Shows it was created on 7-18-07 and isolation began on 7-21--07 but nothing else.

I am anxiously waiting the results. This would be the DNA for my brother for our Sicilian side of the family.

Debbie
    for kit #94826
    Debbie,

I went to the group administrator's page for the Sicily Project and looked for your brother's information on the "Unreceived Lab Results" page. His order for a 25 marker test is in Batch 214, which this thread is concerning. The expected results date is 9/14/2007.

Many times FTDNA beats the expected results date. So you might see the results by late August or early Sept.

Mike

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Batch 214 question

Does this mean the target date to get this batch back is in September? My page is not showing any target date, this is why I am asking. Shows it was created on 7-18-07 and isolation began on 7-21--07 but nothing else.

I am anxiously waiting the results. This would be the DNA for my brother for our Sicilian side of the family.

Debbie
    for kit #94826

Leave a comment:

Working...
X