X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rainbow
    replied
    October 23.

My 212 & 213 batch tests are now together in a new batch, 221. Submitted new swabs C+D+E. Approximate expected due date is October 23.

subclade test for H
    ccr5

Leave a comment:

• rainbow
    replied
    Just got my mail. Received a packet in the mail from FTDNA containing C&D&E swabs+vials.
    Letter starts out saying "Dear Fellow Geneaologist,
    Unfortunately the lab has been unsuccessful in extracting the DNA from both of your vials."
    And I have to mail it back to them, so that means I have to make a trip to the post office.
    I suppose it is for both my tests, the H subclade(batch 212) and the ccr5 (batch 213).

Leave a comment:

• Bud Rogers
    replied
    Originally posted by Bud Rogers
    DeepSNP-R1b(DSNP-R1b) 08/21/2007 212
    Results came in today.

R1b1c

M173+ M207+ M269+ M343+ P25+
    M126- M153- M160- M18- M222- M37- M65- M73- P66- SRY2627-

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Originally posted by rainbow
    Thanks Rick -----it says that it is usually due to poor scrapings. I know I did a good scraping. I scraped a little too hard and bled a little, both cheeks. And I fell twice that week, once before I did the test and once after, and had big bruises on my legs. I remember that vividly. Over a year ago. That was for the Genographic Project. But that doesn't effect the swab test. It says they retest with vial A, then if that doesn't work, they test vial B, once, then twice if the first doesn't work either. If that fails too then they send out for C & D. New scrapings? I'll be gentler next time. That scraping was my first scraping. I was easier on my myself for the later ABD & DNATribes scrapings.
    Maybe it isn't working because I bled a little?

Hope you get your y-dna results Maybe email ftdna and ask about it?
    The blood in the scraping should be fine. I did the same when I submitted my samples. They've so far gotten ydna12, the upgrade to 25, upgrade to 37, upgrade to 67 and the deep clade SNP results out of those samples. I don't know how far they can stretch them though. Yours should be fine, I'd think. They probably just got an unclear result and are re-testing. Sometimes it happens. My deep clade SNPs took about 8 months IIRC, due to problems with the testing protocol, but they eventually came through.

Leave a comment:

• rainbow
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick
    Bummer - I hope they do better next time. I'm still waiting for my batch 212 y-dna advanced markers too, also due yesterday. Mine still lists 8/21 though. This is about the 5th or 6th test with my original dna sample...I'm worried they may be running out of material. But, so far I haven't received the dreaded C and D kits in the mail...
    Thanks Rick -----it says that it is usually due to poor scrapings. I know I did a good scraping. I scraped a little too hard and bled a little, both cheeks. And I fell twice that week, once before I did the test and once after, and had big bruises on my legs. I remember that vividly. Over a year ago. That was for the Genographic Project. But that doesn't effect the swab test. It says they retest with vial A, then if that doesn't work, they test vial B, once, then twice if the first doesn't work either. If that fails too then they send out for C & D. New scrapings? I'll be gentler next time. That scraping was my first scraping. I was easier on my myself for the later ABD & DNATribes scrapings.
    Maybe it isn't working because I bled a little?

Hope you get your y-dna results Maybe email ftdna and ask about it?

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Originally posted by rainbow
    My batch 212 h subclade results were due today.
    It now says it is being rerun and to check again around 09/21.
    I just knew there was something wrong with my dna.
    When AncestryByDna did my admixture test I had 7 failed markers.
    I'm wondering if my H is actually a different mtDNA?
    I know H goes from H* to H1 thu H15, plus a,b, & c.
    Maybe I'm an H*?
    Bummer - I hope they do better next time. I'm still waiting for my batch 212 y-dna advanced markers too, also due yesterday. Mine still lists 8/21 though. This is about the 5th or 6th test with my original dna sample...I'm worried they may be running out of material. But, so far I haven't received the dreaded C and D kits in the mail...

Leave a comment:

• rainbow
    replied
    at least another month

My batch 212 h subclade results were due today.
    It now says it is being rerun and to check again around 09/21.
    I just knew there was something wrong with my dna.
    When AncestryByDna did my admixture test I had 7 failed markers.
    I'm wondering if my H is actually a different mtDNA?
    I know H goes from H* to H1 thu H15, plus a,b, & c.
    Maybe I'm an H*?

09/21/2007

This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.

Leave a comment:

• rainbow
    replied
    not yet

Nothing yet on my h subclade.
    I keep checking to see if it's ready.

The constantly checking for it reminds me of that old tv commercial for Stella D'Oro Swiss Fudge Cookies.

I wonder if my H is really an H?
    Maybe the new lab test says it's something else and they are re-re-re-re-testing?
    Don't some people have their mtDNA result change from one to another?

Leave a comment:

• rivergirl
    replied
    My relatives yDNA 1-25 results are in, waiting on his 26-37. He is another R1b1, again from Ireland. Have ordered a Deep Snp, his STRs look close to the UiNeil.

So far he has only one near match in the database, and none at ysearch.

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Originally posted by efgen
    All 37 markers came in last night. Haplogroup G! Oy, a new haplogroup for me to learn more about

Elise
    The more you know....

Leave a comment:

• Rick
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Grimes
    All the rest of my YDNA67 markers came in today!

I have a 67 Marker Match of -2 with someone. Is that pretty close or what?
    Quite close.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Grimes
    replied
    All the rest of my YDNA67 markers came in today!

I have a 67 Marker Match of -2 with someone. Is that pretty close or what?

Leave a comment:

• efgen
    replied
    Originally posted by efgen
    Y-DNA37
    9/1/2007

Testing a family member who considers himself Ashkenazi and his grandfather immigrated from Eastern Europe, but the family suspects past Sephardic ancestry.
    All 37 markers came in last night. Haplogroup G! Oy, a new haplogroup for me to learn more about

Elise

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ps:

To All,

I forgot to tell the most important parts.

mtDNA H
    YDNA Rlbl

Regards,
    Nan

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Results

Hi All,

I have received the 1st & 3rd panel of markers back for my YDNA. This is all very exciting but no matches!

I have also received my mtDNA results with 2 matches for HVR1 and HVR2. and 59 not so close matches.

Such fun!! Now to figure out what to do with all this!!

Best of luck to all,
    Nan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X