Batch 210 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I am waiting for my Autosomal Markers Panel 1. My 67 marker test took less than 2 months. The mt-H test and the DeepSNP were less than 5 weeks. And this time I have received no emails on any delays or problems encountered for this batch. So reading the posts I have learned of delays and new dates, but nothing from the FTDNA folks.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My wife's mtDNA HVR2 upgrade (in Batch 210) has been delayed for a second time to 10/5/2007 -- about two months after the original projected date.

My yDNA upgrade (in Batch 213) from 12 to 37 markers is halfway done. Markers 13 through 25 came in at the end of August but markers 26 through 37 are delayed until the end of October -- about two months after the original projected date.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    Originally posted by Greymud
    Any word as to when they will be releasing (or completing) this batch (210)? I have not had a delay in my results this long before.
    What kind of test do you have in this batch? My project has an upgrade from 12 to 37 markers that is in this batch, and has not yet yielded results.

I can only assume that FTDNA was unable to get results from the project member's first swab, and had to switch to his second and go through the extraction process all over again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Any word as to when they will be releasing (or completing) this batch (210)? I have not had a delay in my results this long before.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Cathy
    Hi Dan,
    I spoke with FTDNA via email last week about my dad's DYF371x results that were part of batch 210. Was told that there was a delay in getting the sample from the Univ. of Arizona due to the UA facility moving, but that the sample was now in Houston and testing would begin this week. I was also told that advanced tests have their own timetable depending on the test being done. Maybe my dad's case is similar to yours. I don't have a new due date.
    Cathy
    Thanks Cathy, I can wait, it's nothing really critical, just an extra marker in the set :-)

Leave a comment:

• Cathy
    replied
    Hi Dan,
    I spoke with FTDNA via email last week about my dad's DYF371x results that were part of batch 210. Was told that there was a delay in getting the sample from the Univ. of Arizona due to the UA facility moving, but that the sample was now in Houston and testing would begin this week. I was also told that advanced tests have their own timetable depending on the test being done. Maybe my dad's case is similar to yours. I don't have a new due date.
    Cathy

Leave a comment:

replied
    Still waiting for DYS413.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    We're waiting for mtDNA HVR2 results: received message today that the 1st round of testing failed and that the test is being re-run with an expected due date of 9/7/2007.

Leave a comment:

• Cathy
    replied
    I'm still waiting for results from batch 210, too. DYF371x.... Has anyone received anything from this batch yet?

Leave a comment:

replied
    Not yet

Still waiting on this one:

DYS413(DYS413)
    Due: 08/06/2007
    Batch: 210

Leave a comment:

• mickm
    replied
    And I just got my first 25 Y markers which were projected July 13 for the first 12 and July 27 for the rest. Amazing.

Leave a comment:

• jah
    replied
    rivergirl and mickm,

Thanks for the replies. Quick processing times combined with no-cost, long-term DNA storage availability really provide value-added DNA testing. It's interesting to see how the number of testing companies is growing and how that affects the industry.

J.

-----------------------------------
    Y=R1b
    mt=H5a
    Tribes world region matches=Mestizo 4.3, Asia Minor 3.61, Mongolian 2.73,
    Mediterranean 2.37, NE 1.78, EE 1.18

Leave a comment:

• mickm
    replied
    I just got high-res mtDNA results back two days ago from batch 207 about 3-4 weeks before the projected date. I was so impressed (having previously used Oxford Ancestors - enough said) that I emailed FTDNA and told them how happy I was with the service. I got a few very appreciative emails back, including one from Bennett Greenspan.

Leave a comment:

• rivergirl
    replied
    Originally posted by jah
    I should be getting some autosomal markers back with this Batch. It's been a long time since I had FTDNA do any PCR amplification-DNA identification for me. I'd be interested to hear impressions from any readers about FTDNA's processing times, adherence to quoted deadlines, etc.

J.

-------------------------------------------
    Y=R1b
    mt=H5a
    Tribes world region matches=Mestizo 4.3, Asia Minor 3.61, Mongolian 2.73, Mediterranean 2.37, NE 1.78, EE 1.18
    My autosomals panel 1 and 2 were in Batch 209, and I've got the results for 3/4 of them already. Very quick.

Leave a comment:

• jah
    replied
    I should be getting some autosomal markers back with this Batch. It's been a long time since I had FTDNA do any PCR amplification-DNA identification for me. I'd be interested to hear impressions from any readers about FTDNA's processing times, adherence to quoted deadlines, etc.

J.

-------------------------------------------
    Y=R1b
    mt=H5a
    Tribes world region matches=Mestizo 4.3, Asia Minor 3.61, Mongolian 2.73, Mediterranean 2.37, NE 1.78, EE 1.18

Leave a comment:

Working...
X