Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 197 Created

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Batch 197 Created

    Here I go again, more advanced tests, this time on my brothers DNA.
    Kittler Test and X STR. Maybe this one will come in before my advanced tests results from Batch 174. Ha Ha Ha


    DYS385a/b (K)(DYS385a/b (K))
    05/07/2007
    197

    X-STR Markers Panel 1(DXS10011)
    05/07/2007
    197

    X-STR Markers Panel 2(DXS10132)
    05/07/2007
    197

  • #2
    Woo Hoo Rivergirl..
    I have my sister's tests as well..I am trying to kind of feel my way around my Dad's X chromosome that he gets from his Mother..Dad's DNA extraction project did not work..just heard last night..

    This is what I ordered:
    Autosomal Markers Panel 1
    D19S433,
    D2S1338
    DXS10074, DXS10075, DXS10079
    BTW..I think that you & I have a fair amount of XTSR markers in common ourselves.. of those that are complete..
    this is my only sibling so hope it comes out right
    Good luck to us both

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
      Woo Hoo Rivergirl..
      I have my sister's tests as well..I am trying to kind of feel my way around my Dad's X chromosome that he gets from his Mother..Dad's DNA extraction project did not work..just heard last night..

      This is what I ordered:
      Autosomal Markers Panel 1
      D19S433,
      D2S1338
      DXS10074, DXS10075, DXS10079
      BTW..I think that you & I have a fair amount of XTSR markers in common ourselves.. of those that are complete..
      this is my only sibling so hope it comes out right
      Good luck to us both
      Thanks Kathleen, I noticed we had some common markers. I think I saw you mention German ancestry. My mums maternal line is Danish, so possibly a connection there. Also a lot of my X ancestry is Irish. Maybe its from that side???
      At least with my brothers X tests, I can then say which line is results is from my mum and my other numbers have to be from dad.

      Heres hoping this lot of results come in much quicker than good ol batch 174

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm in this one for two whole markers: DYS461 and 462.

        I'm gathering new markers a few at a time. It's easier and more budget-friendly that way.

        Comment


        • #5
          Believe it or not

          Well guess I have to believe it..my sisters tests just came back in less than 1 week..
          all her autosmal except D2 and D19 that I ordered later and her 3 XSTR markers that I ordered later..

          Comment


          • #6
            I received my brothers X STR panel 1 results today. They wernt due until May....
            Now for the Panel 2 and Kittler.

            Comment


            • #7
              This is my first set of DNA results 37 marker, i cant wait to the outcome.

              Looks like i'll be spending a lot more time on this forum

              Steve

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Steve-M
                This is my first set of DNA results 37 marker, i cant wait to the outcome.

                Looks like i'll be spending a lot more time on this forum

                Steve
                Good luck, Steve! I hope you get the results you're hoping for.

                I am always thrilled when I see that someone from across the pond is getting his y-dna tested, especially for at least 37 markers.

                I keep hoping for a big match in Europe somewhere.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks Stevo

                  I'm hoping to help some of my US cousins find roots from early settlers to the US while some of mine stayed in England, but you never know whats in the mixture! I though i come a small family till i started tracing my roots.

                  I've been reading with interest how most people are waiting for each batch test and which results come first. But it seems there is no logical order.

                  Steve

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Waiting Time

                    What's the longest over due time anyone's waited?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Probably not the longest but...

                      Originally posted by Steve-M
                      What's the longest over due time anyone's waited?
                      I'm still waiting on Dad's mitochondrial full sequence. Original target date 5/04. We have all the other results, but the FGS has gone back for retesting at least once. Current target date 6/22 -- last Friday. I'm trying to resist the temptation to check the pending results page 12 times a day.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bud Rogers
                        I'm still waiting on Dad's mitochondrial full sequence. Original target date 5/04. We have all the other results, but the FGS has gone back for retesting at least once. Current target date 6/22 -- last Friday. I'm trying to resist the temptation to check the pending results page 12 times a day.

                        Best not to get to excited my FGS was due in january latest date given 9 july

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by nakord
                          Best not to get to excited my FGS was due in january latest date given 9 july
                          Ouch. Well, that makes me a little less anxious at least. I've been worried that I didn't get a good sample.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Speak of rechecking every five mins, my mid 12 remaining markers have arrived

                            Now have 1 hit of 25 marker match, no 37 marker match though

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X