Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to 'Penta X-10' (X-STR Panel 1 marker) ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to 'Penta X-10' (X-STR Panel 1 marker) ???

OK, I had this tested for, I paid for it, but now it has disappeared both from the pending results page and the advanced orders page.

It was the only marker that didn't "update" past its February due date for me with the rest of my advanced orders; I contacted FTDNA about it, and they said it was just an oversight in updating that single due date and was still in the process of being worked on. However, it isn't even in the order pages anymore, and has as of last update disappeared from my pending page completely! Has this happened to anyone else?

Penta X-10 is simply another name for DXS10131, which is still on the list.

Comment

OK, they just changed the name on us then...

Comment

Wait, are you sure it's DXS10131?... Google only shows it equal to DXS10129; as per links like this;

http://www.dna-fingerprint.com/modul...artid=6&page=1

Comment

Similarly, the marker in DYS panel 4 on the advanced tests I ordered; DXYS156-Y, neither shows up on my pages of completed orders or shows up as a pending order. The same is true of DYS 413 in the planel 5, DYS 385 in panel 1 & YCAII in panel 3. Are they overlooking markers as they go through their large number of orders? I'm still confused on this matter.

vWA in the autosomal orders is on both panels, when both panels are selected as orders by the panel is it simply tested twice? There is no indication of that.
          Last edited by Nagelfar; 4 April 2007, 04:57 PM.

Comment

If you want a definitive answer, please email the FTDNA staff and ask. Then you can post here and let us know what they say in case anyone else has the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagelfar
              Wait, are you sure it's DXS10131?... Google only shows it equal to DXS10129; as per links like this;

http://www.dna-fingerprint.com/modul...artid=6&page=1
              On the FTDNA Advanced Order page, the marker DXS10131 has a link to a pop-up that says "aka Penta X-10".

You can check for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
                If you want a definitive answer, please email the FTDNA staff and ask. Then you can post here and let us know what they say in case anyone else has the same issue.
                I did so, they got back to me, and re-ordered the tests for me!, this was an oversight on their part; everyone; check all their advanced orders; I got three e-mails like this after I contacted them about it;

Originally posted by [email protected] | Subject: Family Tree DNA Invoice Payment Confirmation
                Thank you for ordering the YCAII test. Your sample kit number is 32261.
                The price of your order is $0.00, and an invoice will be sent to:

NO INVOICE - PAID

We appreciate your business,

Family Tree DNA

---

Thank you for ordering the DXYS156 test. Your sample kit number is 32261.

NO INVOICE - PAID

Family Tree DNA

---

Thank you for ordering the DYS413 test. Your sample kit number is 32261.

NO INVOICE - PAID

Family Tree DNA
                Eileen Krause responded to me in part;

Originally posted by Eileen Krause
                YCAII, DXYS156, and DYS413 were missing ... I've added them as orders to your account so that they will be tested.

Comment

OK, there was a bit of miscommunication from FTDNA, they gave me those markers after they have been added to the advanced orders page (when I ordered the full panels, those markers weren't included) the advanced orders pages just kept them shaded, as if they were ordered, when they were not. So they gave me those markers as a courtesy. People who ordered full panels early might have a difficult time ordering them.

Comment

Working...
                  X