X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations!

Comment

Any x or at dna?

I am waiting for x and autosomal results from batch 174. Has anyone gotten any x or autosomal yet?
      Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
        I am waiting for x and autosomal results from batch 174. Has anyone gotten any x or autosomal yet?
        Maria
        I haven't gotten anything from batch 174 or 175 yet. Some people got an e-mail about advanced test but I didn't. The only email that I got was that my FGS wouldn't be done until 12-31. I did get those results this week, they were originally due 11-8. Somewhere , someone posted about not getting advanced order results until February, but I don't know what that was based on. I'm waiting on 14 DYS markers from batch 174 due 11-22 and another 4 DYS markers from batch 175 due 11-29.

Comment

Originally posted by R2-D2
          ISomewhere , someone posted about not getting advanced order results until February, but I don't know what that was based on.
          This was a post from Thomas Krahn, FTDNA's head of the new Houston lab, to a well-known mailing list, in response to my question:
          ---
          >This means that results from the Advanced Orders will not arrive until late January, right?
          >
          Yes, that's correct. Sorry for the delay. It is mainly based on logistic issues.
          ---

Comment

Just waiting!

Well I am amazed at the fact that we can even figure DNA out! I will try to concentrate on my fgs and trying to figure it out so maybe i will keep me busy and the time will fly! I hope! Besides I don't know how to interpet the x panel anyway! The autosomal it fairly straight forward for me.
            Maria

Comment

Unless I get some results today, here is the list of unreceived results from batches 179 and earlier in my project as of tomorrow morning. I do not include Advanced Orders, nor partially completed DeepSNP tests. Not all of the unreceived results in batch 179 are technically late.

Progress is occurring, but new batches continue to come due.

Batch 161:
              38to67

Batch 170:
              13to25

Batch 172:
              38to67
              48to60
              FGS

Batch 173:
              13to37

Batch 174:
              13to25
              DeepSNP-E3b

Batch 177:
              26to37
              26to37

Batch 178:
              26to37
              48to67
              61to67
              61to67
              61to67
              61to67

Batch 179:
              13to25
              26to37
              BackboneSNP
              FGS
              FGS

Comment

Well, finally got the rest of my 37-67 upgrade this morning, originally due Nov. 22. Still no word on the four advance tests I ordered, not even an update to the projected completion date......

Comment

I cannot believe that Batch 174 has now been late for one and a half months without so much as an update or explanation! FTDNA, it is time to grow up and provide better service. An official explanation of the complete lack of Advanced Order results is required.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Johnserrat
                    I cannot believe that Batch 174 has now been late for one and a half months without so much as an update or explanation! FTDNA, it is time to grow up and provide better service. An official explanation of the complete lack of Advanced Order results is required.

John
                    I thought I read on one of the posts that the new lab was having problems, and that the advanced orders wouldnt be in until late January, early Feb.

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl
                      I thought I read on one of the posts that the new lab was having problems, and that the advanced orders wouldnt be in until late January, early Feb.
                      Yes, lgmayka posted that in reply to one of my messages but I can't find it. Apparently Thomas Krahn posted that on a DNA list a while back.

One of my GAPs sent an e-mail with kits that were waiting results and all of mine had a due date 5 days later than the date on my Pending Lab Results page. Does anyone know why that is?

Comment

Originally posted by rivergirl
                        Not having problems per se; it's the chief scientist is moving from Germany to Houston, Tx. So yes, there are logistical problems, like packing boxes, movers coming to grab furniture, etc. Add in the holidays and it added some more delays.

The new lab is currently running mtDNA full sequences, so it's operational in that regard.

Not having an official word, like an update on our personal pages, is understandably frustrating. I'm waiting for batches 174, 175 and 176.

Comment

FTDNA has made major progress this week. If we exclude orders processed by the new lab (FGS and Advanced Orders), and deepSNP-J tests that are partially complete, these are the unreceived results for my project from batches 180 and prior. And as FTDNA has said, we should be seeing a lot more results within the next few weeks.

Batch 161:
                          61to67

Batch 170:
                          13to25

Batch 172:
                          48to60
                          48to67

Batch 173:
                          26to37

Batch 174:
                          DeepSNP-E3b

Batch 177:
                          26to37

Batch 178:
                          48to60

Batch 179:
                          26to37
                          Hap-Backbone

Batch 180:
                          DeepSNP-R1a

Comment

One months-overdue test has gone to a new set of samples, and has accordingly been assigned a new batch number. Otherwise, here are the unreceived results in my project from batches 181 and prior--agan, not including Advanced Orders, FGS orders, and partially completed deepSNP-J orders. It is clear that although FTDNA is now meeting due dates on recent batches, they are still having some difficulty clearing the old backlog.

One might almost wonder whether FTDNA's Arizona lab plans to transfer the most difficult cases to the new Houston lab, for final resolution with newer equipment?

Batch 170:
                            13to25

Batch 172:
                            48to60
                            48to67

Batch 173:
                            26to37

Batch 177:
                            26to37

Batch 178:
                            48to60

Batch 179:
                            26to37
                            Hap-Backbone

Comment

Two months late today.

There should be a webcam at the Houston facility so that we can make sure that it is finally operational.

John

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka
                                One might almost wonder whether FTDNA's Arizona lab plans to transfer the most difficult cases to the new Houston lab, for final resolution with newer equipment?
                                It would appear so. I have been told by FTDNA that some partially-reported Y-SNP tests will be completed in Houston.

I can imagine that it might be cost effective and faster, not to mention consume less DNA, to use the Houston lab to target only the problematic markers instead of repeatedly retrying multiplex tests in Arizona.

Comment

Working...
                                X