Batch 174 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overdue

Including today, my X and autosomal results are 23 days overdue! Due date Nove 22.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
      Including today, my X and autosomal results are 23 days overdue! Due date Nove 22.
      My A/X marker tests in Batch 174 are also still pending. I assume no results are back, since no one has posted here. My expected date is also listed as 11/22 on my personal page, but 11/27 on the GAP.
      My wife's Full mtDNA Sequence test results came back 12/15. They were originally due 11/8, but had been changed to 12/31 . So the new Houston facility is fully operational in that area. Are the A/X marker tests also at the new facility?
      Floyd Oakes

Comment

What facility?

Good question. Does anyone know that? Can't wait to get them back? Please hurry up!
        Maria

Comment

Originally posted by fmoakes
          Are the A/X marker tests also at the new facility?
          Yes they are.

Comment

no results, no notes
            Expected
            11/22/2006 174
            11/29/2006 175

Comment

Results for Batch 174 are now 1 month late. I had hoped to share results with family members at Christmas dinner.

John

Comment

In Janurary.

Forgot where I read it but I beleive they said not to expect results till Jan for x and autosomal. Don't know about mtDNA. I am so happy to have gotton my FGS mtDNA in from batch 172, so I am temporary satisfied . I am now a H1A1!
                Maria

Comment

Thomas Krahn of FTDNA answers questions

Posted on a well-known mailing list:
                  ---
                  >This means that results from the Advanced Orders will not arrive until
                  >late January, right?
                  >
                  Yes, that's correct. Sorry for the delay. It is mainly based on logistic
                  issues.

>On the other hand, it probably also means that if we place additional
                  >Advanced Orders now, they will probably be handled at the same time as
                  >the ones we have already placed, without having to prepare the DNA
                  >sample multiple times. Right?
                  >
                  That's also correct. Most ordered DNA extractions have already been
                  shipped to Houston.
                  We store them in a computerized compound store at -20°C. If you're
                  interested you can have a look at the website of the manufacturer: http://www.remp.com/index.asp?cms=24
                  This store can automatically cherry pick DNA templates for PCR
                  processing and it will make sure that we will never pick the wrong
                  sample, because each tube is barcoded.

We will collect orders in "virtual plates" for one PCR analysis method
                  each. Once they're nearly full, we'll submit the order to the REMP store
                  and we will be able to run a full plate with 95 samples at once. This
                  will significantly speed up the processing time while we are able to
                  offer 100s of different tests to our customers. This REMP store was
                  previously used only for compound management in the pharmacytical
                  industry. Our lab will be the first one to use this in DNA analysis.

So once the system is running, We will be able to flood the DNA
                  genealogy community with results and we will be able to expand our
                  analysis portfolio to whatever our customers are interested in.

This is intended to be a technical information and not a commercial.
                  It's just that I am fascinated by myself about the new technology and
                  the possibilities that can be done with it.

Best regards,

Thomas

Comment

As a kind of periodic report, these are my project's unreceived results from batches 177 and prior, not including Advanced Orders and partially complete DeepSNP-J tests:

Batch 161:
                    38to67

Batch 170:
                    13to25

Batch 172:
                    26to67
                    26to37
                    48to60
                    FGS
                    FGS

Batch 173:
                    13to37

Batch 174:
                    13to25
                    DeeSNP-E3b

Batch 176:
                    26to37
                    26to37
                    26to37
                    26to37
                    26to37

Batch 177:
                    26to37
                    26to37

Comment

Late January?

This is really disappointing - this seemingly endless cycle of waiting and delays, gets really frustrating. Especially that they communicate with customers so poorly. I am not n the list mentioned because I unsubbed rather than change my sig file in my email. FTDNA really should communicate with us, their customers and not just to a list.

Grace

Comment

One would think that for good coustomer service, FTDNA could be more realistic in its estimation of completion dates. They have been sounding like a "broken record" for sometime. Being honest with the due dates and communication with the coustomers on updates would certianly help.....

Comment

Jan 31!

Well my FGS was due Nov 8, and I received it Dec 18! That was 2 days short of 6 weeks over due. My batch 174 was due Nov 22 (it is 1 month late)so if it is not till late Jan it is going to be even later than my FGS, estimate like 9 weeks late!
                          Maria

Comment

On the bright side, my project got 5 of its 26to37 results today.

Comment

Got my 38-47 yesterday tho still waiting for the rest.....Only a little over a month late for that set....

Comment

My project got another five 26-to-37 results today! Some of the newly received results were actually ahead of schedule. The list of unreceived results from batches 177 and prior is now:

Batch 161:
                                37to67

Batch 170:
                                13to25

Batch 172:
                                26to37
                                38to67
                                48to60
                                FGS
                                FGS

Batch 173:
                                13to37