Batch 174 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maria_W
    Has anyone thought to hit the alarm button!
    My patience is wearing thin, too. I was dismayed to see that hardly any results at all posted for my project last week.

Here is our list of overdue results. As usual, this does not include the Advanced Orders (most of which are overdue and none of which have results yet), nor does it include DeepSNP-J orders that have returned incomplete results. Many more tests will come due on 12/13.

HVR1+HVR2, batch 159 due on 8/23
    37to67, batch 161 due on 8/28
    12to25, batch 170 due on 11/1
    25to37, batch 171 due on 11/8
    48to67, batch 172 due on 11/13
    FGS, batch 172 due on 11/13
    FGS, batch 172 due on 11/13
    25to67, batch 172 due on 11/15
    37to67, batch 173 due on 11/20
    12to37, batch 173 due on 11/22
    25to37, batch 172 due on 11/24
    DeepSNP-E3b, batch 174 due on 11/27
    12to67, batch 174 due on 11/29
    25to37, batch 175 due on 12/6
    25to37, batch 175 due on 12/6

Comment

Coustomer Service

I really think that perhaps they should only charge our credit cards when they deliver our results. Then perhaps they would be a little more realistic about estimated due dates or at least update our due dates, etc.

Pay when services are rendered....

Comment

Now that is an idea. Results might even come back sooner. My big gripe is and always has been that there is little or no communication. When results are overdue they should at least keep us apprised of where the tests stand and provide a revised projected date. Really they should not take our money till they deliver the results. Any more I always expect results to be late.

Grace

Comment

Has everyone already seen this posting on a prominent mailing list?
          ---
          The lab has asked us to share this information with our customers.

The members of the laboratory at the University would like to offer our sincere apologies for the recent delays in the results of the advanced marker panels. I would like to assure you that we literally have our most experienced people working around the clock to solve this problem.

In order to perform the testing for the number of individuals and the number of markers that we provide, complex tests must be designed. These reactions test multiple regions simultaneously. Over the past several weeks two of our reactions have been producing results that do not pass our quality control standards.

Unfortunately these reactions contain large numbers of components,and while we are usually able to correct these problems within 7 to 12 days the "re-optimization" process is taking much longer than usual. We have ordered replacements for all of the primary chemical components and will be working to provide all of the outstanding data as soon as possible.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience that this delay may have caused.

Sincerely,

Matthew E. Kaplan
          ---

Comment

First I've seen of anyone there saying they are late on anything......

Comment

At least this is some news. I no longer subscribe to the list where it was posted but the message is in the archives of genealogy-dna. At least it is some information....

Comment

Delay Notification

I have finally received an unsolicited email explaning the delays to my 37-67 upgrade. First time ever . They have even updated my personal page. However, I don't know anything about the other four advanced markers that I ordered.....

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka
                  Has everyone already seen this posting on a prominent mailing list?
                  ---
                  The members of the laboratory at the University would like to offer our sincere apologies for the recent delays in the results of the advanced marker panels. I would like to assure you that we literally have our most experienced people working around the clock to solve this problem.
                  ---
                  uh-oh, this time of year the word "University" usually means "nothing happens from Thanksgiving through winter solstice break until after Martin Luther King day".

Comment

Originally posted by rod
                    uh-oh, this time of year the word "University" usually means "nothing happens from Thanksgiving through winter solstice break until after Martin Luther King day".
                    This may be close to true. In my project, the overdue tests--both 37to67 and 12to37--have been given new due dates starting at December 31.

In the worst case, this may mean that we don't see any new yDNA panel results (except 1to12) until next year.

Comment

Originally posted by rod
                      After Martin Luther King day, we usually get this notice: "Tests cancelled due to the widespread flu outbreak. All students are requested to take a 3 week homeleave." This leads right up to the 2-week long March Break... Professor Publish or Perish then gives each student an automatic B plus for attendance.

After this, the student takes his 30,000 dollar school debt into a marriage with another graduate with a 25,000 dollar school debt...OK I have resentments that get going whenever American schools are mentioned.

Comment

We're most likely talking about research employees here, not students....

Comment

Someone else just posted to the mailing list:
                          ---
                          I don't know what batches they are from, but they were ordered in late Oct.
                          and many results are pouring in from FTDNA for my Projects yesterday and today.
                          ---

Maybe I should tell everyone in my project to join this other project that's actually getting results?

Comment

Maybe they are the 1-12 sets. These seem to almost always arrive early.

Comment

Originally posted by marvallen
                              Maybe they are the 1-12 sets. These seem to almost always arrive early.
                              Or mtDNA HVR1 and HVR2. My project did get one of each of those yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka

Maybe I should tell everyone in my project to join this other project that's actually getting results?
                                I have to say, that is funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X