No announcement yet.

Batch 174 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess that is when mine are due back also..
    But it is still time

My other tests are 5 days later on the Group Admins page..

I also never looked there..

I DID however post an e-mail to Thomas with a cc to FT-DNA regarding the date and a question I have before I even get it...

I was ever so polite though..not complaining just hoping to hear soon and "can you tell me this?"

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
      The majority of tests DO come back ONTIME and even several weeks AHEAD of the expected date. It's usually only when there's a problem with an individual test and it has to be re-run that it goes past the expected date.

Delayed tests do not hold up the entire batch -- each successful test is reported to FTDNA by the lab as it's done, and FTDNA then releases the results to the customer. So FTDNA can't simply change an entire batch's due dates due to one person's failed test.

When a test fails, it gets added to a backlog queue for re-run, which takes about 2-3 weeks. And if THAT test fails and they need to extract more DNA from the B swab to do another re-run, that's another 3 weeks.

Please remember that the entire process is not robotic. There are real people in the lab who work hard on this daily. There is a person who personally reviews every completed test and decides whether to release it or hold it back for re-run. The person who reviews all the Y-DNA results gave a talk at the FTDNA conference a few weeks ago. I wish that everyone could have been there to hear his talk and to meet him and the others who work hard daily in the lab to get our tests done. It's also frustrating for them to have failed tests. They don't want to have to keep running the same sample over and over again, but they err on the side of caution and only release test results when they are sure there are no problems with them. Having correct test results is much better than having quick test results.

Yes, I do agree that it would be nice to at least be informed that our test is in re-run and is expected in x weeks without having to email them and ask. I don't know why they haven't set that up yet, but I assume there are technical and/or logistical reasons, as it's definitely not as simple as updating the date for an entire batch.

There have also been cases where an entire batch or an entire type of test has been delayed. In those cases, I absolutely agree that FTDNA should be more communicative with the customers to let us know what's happening with those delays and to adjust our expectations accordingly.

I think most of us understand that there can be delays and would be more accepting of them if we were at least kept informed.
      I know that FTDNA claims that the majority of tests come back in time but that has not been my experience for the many tests I have ordered personally and for family members. Perhaps you have had a better experience?

As far as I know, no one has received any results for Batch 174. This is not a problem with just a few unsuccessful tests. That's why I suggested that the expected date be changed for the whole Batch.

I do not doubt that the people in the FTDNA lab work very hard and are diligent in their work performance. My problem, and the problem of apparently many other customers, is that test results are chronically late without explanation. I have not experienced this problem with other labs which have provided identical results, but always before the deadline.

There are many things I like about FTDNA, including their databases and choice of tests available. However, they can not continue to operate in this fashion without alienating their loyal customer base.

John

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
        The majority of tests DO come back ONTIME and even several weeks AHEAD of the expected date. It's usually only when there's a problem with an individual test and it has to be re-run that it goes past the expected date.
        That's been my experience as well.

At the moment, except for three mtDNA full sequence tests, the only tests in my projects that are past their due date are tests needing to be re-run: nothing that is simply late without explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by vineviz
          That's been my experience as well.

At the moment, except for three mtDNA full sequence tests, the only tests in my projects that are past their due date are tests needing to be re-run: nothing that is simply late without explanation.
          Have you received Batch 174 results?

John

Comment

Originally posted by Johnserrat
            Have you received Batch 174 results?

John
            Some, but not all.

The tests done in AZ (HVR1, HVR2, and Y-STR panels) seem to be coming in early or on time.

The tests done in TX (i.e. Advanced Tests) are a little late. But I expected that, since this was the first batch for them.

Comment

Don't hold your breath.

Just got an email that said I would not get my x and at for another 2 weeks. Said that there was a note in my account that they had to rerun my dna. Really upsets me that I was not notified when they knew it. I ask them that on the 15th. And my mtdna is still going to be another week.
              Maria

Comment

Batch 174 advanced tests are now 2 weeks late, without updates of any kind.

John

Comment

In the past the only updates I ever got were the result of my emailing them. Not really worth the effort now.

Comment

2 weeks and counting!

I haven't gotten mine either. 2 weeks and counting for x and autosomal. Hope they come in soon. Not complaining, but if you don't ask, you won't get an answer!
                    Maria

Comment

I've been waiting for DYS434, 435, and 436 results in Batch 24. This is part of the Flanagan project I run and they represent markers tested in the Trinity College Irish Surname DNA study that were not available before. I really don't expect results on time any longer but unless really late bide my tme.

I noted last night however that those are no longer listed on my project admin page with the unreceived results. They are also not listed with the received results or on the personal page. However, perhaps it indicates that results are in but have not been posted for 174 (yeah they are in batch 174). So perhaps, fingers crossed, something soon....

Comment

This morning the batch 174 tests showed back up on the unreceived results list - kind of strange. Same projected dates as before. On the participant pending results page 11/22 n the unreceived results page 11/27. No notes or comments...

Comment

Pending lab results.

I had a similiar problem. On my pending lab results page my test requests keep moving around all the time. They are in different orders. Like right now my full mtDNA request is about 8 spaces down from the beginning order. I don't even bother asking about it anymore. It gets put back in place and then moved again. Not sure why someone would move it around. Now I just scoll down till I find it. Maybe one day it will be gone for good and I will recieve my x and extra autosomal results!
                          Maria

Comment

Mine just sits there like a lit elevator button. Same message for three months. No use pressing it over and over. Maybe the door will open this week.

Comment

I think we are stuck between floors......

Comment

Alarm Button.

Has anyone thought to hit the alarm button!

Comment

Working...
                                X