No announcement yet.

Batch 174 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm waiting on a relative's 12 marker results.
    Target Results Date
    11/24/2006

Comment

Have 2 group members in batch 174.

1 received 12 marker test results Nov. 6

Comment

Due date.

Well today is my due date for my x and atdna panels. Hope that results will be in today. That would really be nice.
        Maria

Comment

Batch 174

Has anyone received any results on advanced tests as of today?

John

Comment

Mine are due today, but I'm not holding my breath......

Comment

On my personal page my A-X test results for batch 174 are listed as EXPECTED 11/22/06.
              On the Group Administrator Page they show EXPECTED 11/27/06. They have shown this way since initial posting.
              Go figure!
              Floyd Oakes
              Y-I1a
              mt-K1a

Comment

I never thought to check my Group Administrator page, but it also shows an expected date of 11/27/06. Personally, I preferred the 11/22/06 date.

John

Comment

My x and some extra atdna markers were due today. I wish that they would update our personal pages. Mine still says 11/22.
                  Maria

Comment

Batch 174

Has anyone received any results or updates as to when results can be expected?

John

Comment

No. My 67 upgrade due today, additional 4 due 5 days ago....Don't hold your breath.....

Comment

No results yet.

My batch 172, full mtdna,was due Nov 8 and still no results. I was not notified that they would be late, I had to call them, I was told Dec 1. So I know that it will be awhile before I get my batch 174 results due Nov 22. This includes at and x. Havent been given new date. We"ll all be waiting together!
                        Maria

Comment

I think the only wsy to get a new date is to email them and ask....

Comment

I have one test in Batch 175 (because FTDNA screwed up my initial order!) which is due today. I just don't understand why FTDNA is unable to properly predict when results will come back. If results are chronically late, why not adjust your forecasting method? Further, changing the expected date for results for the whole batch should not take more than a few key strokes.

Come on FTDNA, get your act together!

John

Comment

Please return my results!

Yes, as you can read, my results are running 3 weeks behind on 172 and is already 1 week behind on 174. Usually I don't get frustrated so easily but ..... When I do get them I know that I will be so excited and feel really bad for making such a fuss! But.....
                              Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Johnserrat
                                I have one test in Batch 175 (because FTDNA screwed up my initial order!) which is due today. I just don't understand why FTDNA is unable to properly predict when results will come back. If results are chronically late, why not adjust your forecasting method? Further, changing the expected date for results for the whole batch should not take more than a few key strokes. Come on FTDNA, get your act together!
                                The majority of tests DO come back ONTIME and even several weeks AHEAD of the expected date. It's usually only when there's a problem with an individual test and it has to be re-run that it goes past the expected date.

Delayed tests do not hold up the entire batch -- each successful test is reported to FTDNA by the lab as it's done, and FTDNA then releases the results to the customer. So FTDNA can't simply change an entire batch's due dates due to one person's failed test.

When a test fails, it gets added to a backlog queue for re-run, which takes about 2-3 weeks. And if THAT test fails and they need to extract more DNA from the B swab to do another re-run, that's another 3 weeks.

Please remember that the entire process is not robotic. There are real people in the lab who work hard on this daily. There is a person who personally reviews every completed test and decides whether to release it or hold it back for re-run. The person who reviews all the Y-DNA results gave a talk at the FTDNA conference a few weeks ago. I wish that everyone could have been there to hear his talk and to meet him and the others who work hard daily in the lab to get our tests done. It's also frustrating for them to have failed tests. They don't want to have to keep running the same sample over and over again, but they err on the side of caution and only release test results when they are sure there are no problems with them. Having correct test results is much better than having quick test results.

Yes, I do agree that it would be nice to at least be informed that our test is in re-run and is expected in x weeks without having to email them and ask. I don't know why they haven't set that up yet, but I assume there are technical and/or logistical reasons, as it's definitely not as simple as updating the date for an entire batch.

There have also been cases where an entire batch or an entire type of test has been delayed. In those cases, I absolutely agree that FTDNA should be more communicative with the customers to let us know what's happening with those delays and to adjust our expectations accordingly.

I think most of us understand that there can be delays and would be more accepting of them if we were at least kept informed.
                                Last edited by efgen; 29 November 2006, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X