No announcement yet.

Batch 174 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I've had the 12 marker test, the 37 marker upgrade, the 67 marker upgrade and the first mtdna test. The four advance tests, originally due 22 Nov 2006, are the only ones that appear to have been troublesome. It appears to me to be systematic of their current procedures and I'm sure that I will not receive a difinitive answer to any email that I might send, as has been the case previously. I think it is time to "cut my losses" and chalk this one up to a negative learning experience and move on.
    Last edited by marvallen; 23 March 2007, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by marvallen
      Some of us(me) are begining to feel slighted. Not even an updated due date...
      My due date was just updated, was 3/22/2007:

DYS464X(DYS464X) 04/06/2007 174

We apologize for the time that it is taking to deliver your Advanced Order Tests. Family Tree DNA's Genomics Research Center is now in operation and we are running these tests at full speed - of course, without compromising our high quality standards. Results for your test are expected to be posted by 4/6/07.
      So as long as I know what's going on, no complaints from me.
      Last edited by Paulie; 23 March 2007, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• Just popped up....Due date 4/6/07. Must be an automatic "roll forward " when date is missed...

Comment

• It's an improvement, even if it's automated.

Comment

• I'm still waiting for DYS 413 and 464X. Is there some kind of problem with the tests or is FTDNA waiting for enough orders to start a test for these markers?

John

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnserrat
              I'm still waiting for DYS 413 and 464X. Is there some kind of problem with the tests or is FTDNA waiting for enough orders to start a test for these markers?

John

I'm still waiting for DYS413 as well. It is really getting a bit much to be waiting this long.

Y-DNA: J2a*

Comment

• The current "due date" for me for this batch is 4/6/07. However, since we've already had 5 or 6 changes, I seriously doubt anything will be delivered by then. Most likely much later than that if history is any benchmark.

However, I haven't given up entirely on FTDNA. I ordered three additional markers (to see if the same results occur) plus the autosomal markers, panel 1. Guess I'm a glutton for "punishment".

Comment

• Reruns????

Well, I'm down to only one test from this batch left! DYS#462. That's the good news. I guess the "bad" news is that I ordered a re-run of three test, DYS#s 19, 393 and385.

The results for the DYS# 385 came in as a value of 12. A year ago I got DYS 385a, b as 14, 14 .

What's up:????

Marvin

Comment

Well, I'm down to only one test from this batch left! DYS#462. That's the good news. I guess the "bad" news is that I ordered a re-run of three test, DYS#s 19, 393 and385.

The results for the DYS# 385 came in as a value of 12. A year ago I got DYS 385a, b as 14, 14 .

What's up:????

Marvin
                    Are you sure your new test is DYS385? The lab would report two values if it is.

If they reported one value (e.g. 12), you may have inadvertently ordered DYF385 (a different marker altogether) from Panel 5 instead of DYS385 from Panel 1.

Comment

• Yes, I ordered DYS#385, panel 1. Results just reported today are DYS#385, panel2, value of 12. Since I orginally got 14,14 for DYS385a,b last year, I am unsure of the accuracy of FTDNAs reporting. If they are only reporting a single allele, it should have been a 14.

I'll certianly be interested in what is reported for DYS#19 and 393, which were originally reported as 13,14....

Since I had some unusual results, I chose to retest Those three allels, .....

"Thank you for ordering the Autosomal Markers Panel 1,DYS19,DYS385,DYS393 test. Your sample kit number is ..."
                      so I don't think the confusion is on my part......

DYS385 is listed in both panel 1 and panel 2...Maybe they split them up...
                      Last edited by marvallen; 3 April 2007, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Yes, I ordered DYS#385, panel 1. Results just reported today are DYS#385, panel2, value of 12. Since I orginally got 14,14 for DYS385a,b last year, I am unsure of the accuracy of FTDNAs reporting. If they are only reporting a single allele, it should have been a 14.
                        I have found at least one case where a new DYS464X test contradicted an earlier DYS464 result. Mistakes are certainly possible, especially on multi-copy markers.

I'd be interested to hear what FTDNA has to say when you contact them.

Comment

• I e-mailed them right after the results were posted to my page. Hope to hear something soon. Having 35+ years experience in analytical chemistry and analysis, I am always concerned with controls, standards and repeatability of one's results. This leaves me scratching my head, though.

Comment

• Response from Eileen:

"Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Astrid took a look at the results and found that the signal from another marker was corrupting the signal for DYS385. DYS385 itself was not working, and the corrupted signal ended up getting reported when it should not have. We apologize for the error and any confusion it may have caused. We’re rerunning the test for DYS385 and the lab is also looking into ways to keep the signal from that other marker from interfering with the signal for DYS385. Thanks again for letting us know about the problem with this marker"

Very prompt response.....
                            Last edited by marvallen; 4 April 2007, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by vineviz
                              Are you sure your new test is DYS385? The lab would report two values if it is.

If they reported one value (e.g. 12), you may have inadvertently ordered DYF385 (a different marker altogether) from Panel 5 instead of DYS385 from Panel 1.
                              All repeats, 19,393 and 385 (DYSs) were ordered from panel 1. It is interesting that DYS385 is also listed in panel 2. What does that mean?

Still waiting for DYS#462 from this batch.....

Comment

All repeats, 19,393 and 385 (DYSs) were ordered from panel 1. It is interesting that DYS385 is also listed in panel 2. What does that mean?

Still waiting for DYS#462 from this batch.....
                                It says here (dna-fingerprint information) that for DYS385 in panel 2 different primers are used. I don't know much about the technical/lab side of dna testing so I don't know what that means.

Comment

Working...
                                X