No announcement yet.

Batch 174 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I guess the best that can be said is that we are still tied....

Comment

• I Got Results!!!

I GOT RESULTS!!! I didn't get all the markers though. There are still three that I'm waiting on. I updated my Ysearch right away and it seems that they have updated it to show if we actually had an SNP test done. It now says "(tested)" after the haplogroup.

Comment

• I also received my results from the long-lost batch 174. DYS 462=12. I also got early results for DYS 635...22.

Comment

• Advanced DYS markers results and conversion.

I have all but one of my advanced DYS markers now; just waiting on Gata H4

463; 21, with conversion is now 19
          461; 12
          462; 12
          635; 22
          441; 16
          445; 11
          452; 31, with conversion is now 12
          GATA10; 13

Im am really annoyed that FTDNA have not told anyone personally that they have to convert their results. If tested with FTDNA and results posted on FTDNA pages, why should I have to convert my FTDNA results.
          ysearch only has *** , notes and conversion tables for Oxford Ancestors, Relative Genetics and DNA Heritage.
          No NOTES to say convert new Advanced FTDNA results.

One again FTDNA post a comment on a mailing list that not all customers subscribe to and leave the the customer to find out through secound hand posts on forums.
          Too bad for the people who dont bother with the forums, they may one day find out why there results are way out of line with others.
          Why cant they get there Customer Service emails together and let the paying customer know first.
          I think I have had enough of FTDNA and the non service to advanced paying customers..........

NOT Happy Janet.......

And im still waitng on the rest of my x STR results....

Comment

• Originally posted by rivergirl

Im am really annoyed that FTDNA have not told anyone personally that they have to convert their results. If tested with FTDNA and results posted on FTDNA pages, why should I have to convert my FTDNA results.
            ysearch only has *** , notes and conversion tables for Oxford Ancestors, Relative Genetics and DNA Heritage.
            No NOTES to say convert new Advanced FTDNA results.

One again FTDNA post a comment on a mailing list that not all customers subscribe to and leave the the customer to find out through secound hand posts on forums.
            Too bad for the people who dont bother with the forums, they may one day find out why there results are way out of line with others.
            Why cant they get there Customer Service emails together and let the paying customer know first.
            I think I have had enough of FTDNA and the non service to advanced paying customers..........

NOT Happy Janet.......

Here we go again.....................

I had my pet rock tested and want my results... NOW...

drc

Comment

• oops

Originally posted by rivergirl
              oops its not GATA H4 im waiting on, its GAAT 1B07.
              I was reading Jukkas post abt conversions, and now im confused again.
              Do I also have to convert my GATA H4 results. They have been in for months.....

So nice of FTDNA to let me know

Comment

• Originally posted by darroll
                Here we go again.....................

I had my pet rock tested and want my results... NOW...

drc

I was wondering if you were reading and when you would stick your head in again.

Yes I am happy I have my results back, even though they are months late. Due back in November, it is now March. Wow is that NOW or not..
                From what I recall, you cant tell the difference between a standard test and advanced tests, so who cares what you think.

I am annoyed with not being told by FTDNA that the results they post on my personal page are not the results to be entered into ysearch, and that I have to convert them.
                I would have been happy if FTDNA had told mme this. So far they have not.
                I have only heard this through reading these pots and checking out the I1a results .

What is this to you anyway Darroll, you dont have any Advanced DYS markers.

Comment

• Originally posted by R2-D2
                  I GOT RESULTS!!! I didn't get all the markers though. There are still three that I'm waiting on. I updated my Ysearch right away and it seems that they have updated it to show if we actually had an SNP test done. It now says "(tested)" after the haplogroup.
                  Are you sure? I've seen some people with unknown as haplogroup and it shows (tested) behind the "unknown" haplogroup. Also my father is given as (tested), but he isn't snp tested, it is however clear that he is the same haplogroup as I am so in that respect it wouldn't matter.

I looked at various entries here.

I believe the (tested) has nothing to do with the haplogroup but more with who used the "upload your results to Ysearch button" on the FTdna personal page. My guess is that people made a profile manually do not get donned with the (tested) label.

All who did not test with Family Tree DNA don't get the (tested) label.
                  Some who tested with Family Tree DNA didn't get the (tested) label either.
                  In this last situation they must have made a Ysearch account completely manually.

In some rare cases (tested) appeared with an account that had another company than Ftdna, but this other company was actually the name of the testee who gave his own name as name of the other testing company. Apparently he did it after he uploaded the results to Ysearch. I assume he actually did test with FTdna, used the upload and than amended the profile.

Comment

NOT Happy Janet.......

I still don't have any results back for DYS 434,435,436 (these are what I've been waiting on)... I had hoped this time would be the charm. Might still come in but I don't guess I'll see them till next week if then...

You mentioned a post on conversion. Yikes.... I mainly want to compare these to the data that Trinity College reported and hope no conversion is need to do that, but can you point me to the article you are referencing? I assume it is in the genealogy-dna list so a date or poster name would help in finding it.

Grace

Comment

• "Forwarded Message from another list:
                      It is an explanation from FTDNA. Yes you must convert your results before you enter them into YSearch. 4 of them I believe."
                      http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/rea...7-03/1172991586

Hi Grace,

The message above was posted in another thread on the ysearch forum;
                      "Y Search Confusion Issues - Help FTDNA"
                      Yukka also posted a message in this Batch 174 thread, page 15, post 148.

I dont think you need to convert your three markers for the Trinity College reports. I think its mainly DYS 463, 452, GATA H4 and CDYa and b.

Comment

Hi Grace,

The message above was posted in another thread on the ysearch forum;
                        "Y Search Confusion Issues - Help FTDNA"
                        Yukka also posted a message in this Batch 174 thread, page 15, post 148.

I dont think you need to convert your three markers for the Trinity College reports. I think its mainly DYS 463, 452, GATA H4 and CDYa and b.
                        Thanks for the pointers, yes looks like but I do worry that there might be some discrepancies. I know that for example you have to subtract 2 from the FTDNA results for 461 to compare with the Trinity study, the Trinity College study result for 389B is FTDNA 389II-389I. I don't expect any differences in this series though, as most have not required any changes...

Anyway, maybe the results will be in next week and can take a look then.... I'm going to give up on seeing results tonight since it is already 8 PM there (I think).... Surely no one is there on a Friday night...

Grace

Comment

• Another due date come and gone, no results, no new due date posted, no communication. Sounds like were in a deep rut leading nowhere....

Comment

• Originally posted by marvallen
                            Another due date come and gone, no results, no new due date posted, no communication. Sounds like were in a deep rut leading nowhere....
                            Have they at least been getting some of your results out? My 9th date came and went but they've at least been making progress. (I didn't expect them to do it all by one date anyway)

Comment

• Originally posted by marvallen
                              Another due date come and gone, no results, no new due date posted, no communication. Sounds like were in a deep rut leading nowhere....
                              Well I take heart that since the due date has not been changed again (yet) that perhaps they will be in early next week. As long as people have waited though, they should be putting in extra effort to get them out. I mean it is going on half a year.... But perhaps early in the week next week...

Grace

Comment

• I only have four advanced tests ordered, DSY462, 463, 635 and 643. I ordered these back in Sep with the infamous due date of Nov 22, 2006. Maybe by next Nov??

Its been so long, I no longer remember why I even ordered them....

Comment

Working...
                                X