Batch 167 created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maria_W
    Must really be hard to wait that long. Mine are (only) 23 days and 9 days late. As long as I am paying for my results, I can whine all I want!
    Maria
    I'm with you on this one Maria... it's good people can share some of the negative stuff. When things don't seem to be going right it helps to communicate with others who are wondering the same thing.

I think darroll is just like us..except darroll is whining about us... and we are frustrated with the company.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

oh..and yes I was waiting for my results for 6 months. Do you find that hard to believe darroll ? it was this year, 2006.

darroll I was in batch 147.
    Go there now and look at the first few posts Please note the starting date
    04-09-2006, 04:24 PM of the batch........ The date is in the order month/day/year.

Next you can next go to post #1069 dated 11/24/06 and see my post that I finally got my results.

you can read 6 months of postings in Batch 47 darrell.

Comment

Originally posted by jablair
      Darroll,

Most of these "cry babies" are simply FTDNA customers who are frustrated because their test results were not available when FTDNA estimated that they would be completed. I assume that many of these people are new to DNA testing and don't understand that there are many reasoms that test results are delayed. Those of us that have been with FTDNA over the long haul have learned that patience is a virtue.

As good as FTDNA is (and as far as I'm concerned, there is no one that can compete with them) they are somewhat lax in keeping customers updated when there are delays in getting the test results.

It is totally absurd to think that these "complaints are designed to steer customers to another DNA testing facility." These complaints are from FTDNA customers who are simply trying to vent their frustrations over delayed test results.

Please do everyone a favor and get off your "high horse".
      I'm beginning to think that "darroll" is another frustated customer who read some back threads where an administrator of 65536 lists and projects, answered every question with the "be patient, stupid paying customer, how dare you question the status of your results" and is doing a tongue-in-cheek imitation of that person.
      darroll's probably waiting for late test results too

Comment

Originally posted by rod
        I'm beginning to think that "darroll" is another frustated customer who read some back threads where an administrator of 65536 lists and projects, answered every question with the "be patient, stupid paying customer, how dare you question the status of your results" and is doing a tongue-in-cheek imitation of that person.
        darroll's probably waiting for late test results too

It’s just like I stated earlier.
        A family member had a advanced DNA test performed by FTDNA.
        It ended up being 17 days early, yes early.
        I understand your motives fully.
        You have to look in your mirror. I do not have to “sneak” up to my mirror.
        Good luck.

Comment

Test Type DNAPlus
          Test Price $419.00 Shipping: $4.00 Total $423.00

Thank you for ordering the Y-Refine37to59 test.
          The price of your order is $109.00.

Thank you for ordering the mt-H test.
          The price of your order is $89.00.

Thank you for ordering the Y-HAP-Backbone test. (failed)
          The price of your order is $65.00.

Thank you for ordering the DYS643, DYS726, DYS434, DYS435, DYS485, DYS495
          test. The price of your order is $37.20.

Thank you for ordering the DYS463, DYS461, DYS462, DYS635, DYS441, DYS445,
          DYS452, Y-GATA-A10 test. The price of your order is $49.60.

Thank you for ordering the DYS714, DYS716, DYS717, Y-GGAAT-1B07, Autosomal
          CCR 5 test. The price of your order is $44.70.

Total 817.5$

Ethnoancestry Haploview test is US$125 (FTDNA DNA test failed)
          ArgusBioSciences 1 x Complete mtDNA $399.00 (-$54 discount)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll PayTroll
          Deep clade haplogroup test is not advanced theology

Advanced Orders: Order individual markers or panels for the Y-chromosome (male only), X-chromosome, and autosomal DNA. These tests can be used to broaden the possibilities for complex kinship testing (ex. sister siblingship test). A database for comparisons is currently being developed. The CODIS autosomal markers are also available in this section. Note: these are new tests that will be performed at our new lab, so initial orders may take longer than usual. In many cases, transference of DNA from the University of Arizona to Houston will be necessary, which will cause up to a two week delay.

http://www.ysearch.org/search_result...haplo=&region=

Comment

Thank you for ordering the DXS10074, DXS10075, DXS10079, Autosomal Markers
            Panel 1, Autosomal Markers Panel 2 test. Your sample kit number is 47465.
            The price of your order is $209.14

Total 1000+$$$

Comment

Originally posted by darroll
              It’s just like I stated earlier.
              A family member had a advanced DNA test performed by FTDNA.
              It ended up being 17 days early, yes early.
              I understand your motives fully.
              You have to look in your mirror. I do not have to “sneak” up to my mirror.
              Good luck.
              Darroll,

I've had many test results come in early and I've had many test results come in late, some of them very late.

Those who are waiting for late test results get frustrated and some vent their frustration by posting to this forum. That doesn't mean they have ulterior motives or that they are trying to "steer customers to another DNA testing facility."

Lighten up!

Comment

Alright, enough griping about non-batch 167 related stuff.
                I just got this email regarding the long wait time on my DeepSNP-Q:

"I apologize for the delay in your deep SNP Q results. When I emailed you last I thought that the results were ready to be run, but it turns out that we have had to wait for a few more deep SNP Q tests to be ordered before we can run all the Deep SNP Q tests that are waiting to be run (because we have to have a certain number of tests in order to run a plate). During the last 3 weeks we got only 1 more order for a Deep SNP Q test and we are still waiting for 3 more orders before we can run the plate. Because Deep SNP Qs are so rare we are considering cancelling this test in the future. Of course, this means that you and all others who have ordered the test will still receive your results, but you may be one of the last Deep SNP Q tests that we run.

At any rate, we’re still waiting for a few more tests before we can run the plate containing your Deep SNP Q test. I apologize for the misunderstanding and for the delay, as I know that you have been waiting a long time to see these results."

So, it's just that I'm a freak with this crazy Q haplogroup. Lame.
                I'll just keep waiting and waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by jablair
                  Darroll,

I've had many test results come in early and I've had many test results come in late, some of them very late.

Those who are waiting for late test results get frustrated and some vent their frustration by posting to this forum. That doesn't mean they have ulterior motives or that they are trying to "steer customers to another DNA testing facility."

Lighten up!
                  I agree. I've tried 3 or 4 other places, but nowhere else offers the range of tests in one place. I may question (gripe), but now with the additional tests they're offering, I see no reason to go elsewhere. ftDNA (with ysearch and mitosearch) offers the most user-friendly, complete package, and provides the largest population for comparing results.

They also provide this forum customers to "vent" and ask questions about results. If one project member in a batch receives test results but another doesn't (right now I have one project member with an outstanding y26-37 test, everyone else received theirs) I have no question - it's their individual test. If nobody in my project receives results by the target date, I ask if anyone else in the batch has, simple as that.

FamilyTreeDNA is a pioneer in the field and they've made incredible progress in a short time. I'm proud to be a participant.

Comment

Originally posted by hachaliah
                    "When I emailed you last I thought that the results were ready to be run, but it turns out that we have had to wait for a few more deep SNP Q tests to be ordered before we can run all the Deep SNP Q tests that are waiting to be run (because we have to have a certain number of tests in order to run a plate). During the last 3 weeks we got only 1 more order for a Deep SNP Q test and we are still waiting for 3 more orders before we can run the plate."
                    This is a refreshingly frank explanation of why DeepSNP tests seem to be generally run only once a month, and sometimes only once every two months.

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka
                      This is a refreshingly frank explanation of why DeepSNP tests seem to be generally run only once a month, and sometimes only once every two months.

My deep snp was dead on time. The easy one, 2nd panel of a 12 to 37 upgrade is now more than 3 months overdue.

Stuff happens.

scot

Comment

Originally posted by lgmayka
                        Wouldn't it then be more clearer to put every SNP test for certain haplogroups in one batch as apposed to marker tests and DeepSNP test all huddled together in a batch? If your Pending Lab Results only showed the pending dates of for example an only DeepSNP-I batch wouldn't the expected date be easier to adjust if the same factors influence the other tests in the batch as well?

Comment

latest on my deep clade...

Hi Rick,

The latest update from the lab indicates that these R1b SNPs are still a few weeks out. We were hoping to see them by December, but this was too early. Now we are estimating that these results will be in by January 5th. I apologize for the delay, as I know you have been waiting to see these results.

Have a lovely day.

Sierra Netz
                          Family Tree DNA

Comment

Working...
                          X