Batch 157 created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsychev
    May be R1a1? To wait for about 3 weeks or more...
    Then I want upgrade 12 to 25/37 markers and deep-clade snp test...
    mtDNA for dessert
    Upgrading is a very good idea, as is the deep snp test.

Remember, though, your y-haplogroup could be just about anything, and many people have been surprised.

R1a1 does seem the most likely, though, given the fact that you are Russian.

I still have not ordered an mtDNA test. That will probably have to wait until Christmas or maybe even next summer.

Comment

already done

Originally posted by Stevo
      Only first-time testers get all that info about what stage their test is in. Once FTDNA has your sample, the steps are different, since they already have your dna extracted, etc.

In other words, I have a couple of tests in the works, but all I have is what you have.

Mike's advice about YSearch above is excellent. Please create a YSearch entry for yourself and, if you have one, upload your GEDCOM, as well. Too few people include a pedigree with their dna info.
      I've already uploaded information for Ysearch and Ybase, all I need to do is finish up on my pedigree information. Unfortunately I'm stuck at Dec 1886, and waiting on some more information. Apparently my recent ancestors are late arrivals to America in the 1880s rather than early settlers as I once had thought.

Comment

:-(

Originally posted by GvdM
        This batch is no where near it's due dates.....

Oh man that stinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Yeomans
          Oh man that stinks!
          Well, it is now, I wrote that on 30 June

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
            I wonder what your y-haplogroup will be. R1a maybe?
            I worry about my y-haplogroup which will in my test results. It will surprise me if I'll see word "N" on the Results Page... but not "R1a".
            Last edited by rsychev; 2 August 2006, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rsychev
              I worry about my y-haplogroup which will in my test results. It will surprise me if I'll see word "N" on the Results Page... but not "R1a".
              N is not uncommon even in Poland, Lithuania, and Ukraine. The Polish-Lithuanian-Belarusian-Ukrainian Project has 9 members of Hg N out of 105 yDNA families:

http://www.ftdna.com/public/polish

(The table of Y chromosome results is read directly from FTDNA's database, so give it about 10 seconds to load.)

Comment

Is there an ETA for the Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) results from this batch? My "Pending Lab Results" for that still has an expected date of 08/02/2006.

Comment

Originally posted by DHofmann
                  Is there an ETA for the Y-Refine12to37(Y-DNA13-25 Markers) results from this batch? My "Pending Lab Results" for that still has an expected date of 08/02/2006.
                  The lab probably ran into a problem with your test and had to re-run it, but FTDNA can tell you for sure. Unfortunately they don't have an automated system in place yet for updating expected dates, but they're very responsive to email - [email protected]

Comment

I received an e-mail early this morning saying that my results are in. I read in another thread about the results coming in 6 weeks late, which for future reference turned out to be about the same in my case.

Comment

Working...
                    X