Batch 156 Created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 156 Created

My brother's Genographic Project kit was received by FTDNA this week and his GP page says the batch was created, so I believe he's in batch 156. I wish GP would show batch numbers!

Anyone else in this batch?

I'm in batch 156. It must have been created on June 7.

Comment

I'm in 156 too!

I'm in 156 also. It says that the DNA isolation began today. Now the long wait. After reading these boards I'm afraid I won't have any idea what my results mean when I do get them I'm excited anyway.

Tamera

Comment

Hi Sundodger and Tamera!

What type of tests do you each have on order? Since I ordered my brother's kit through GP, it's just a 12-marker test. Though I have 2 other tests, another GP 12-marker and an upgrade to 67 markers, in the previous batch. Waiting on 3 different tests will be interesting, to say the least!

Comment

I have a deep clade I test in batch 154 and a Y-DNA 67 upgrade in batch 156.

Comment

I just have the basic mtDNA. I'm sure I'll upgrade from there, just trying to find out a little ablout where my family came from. I really wanted to find out something about my fathers family because I know nothing. Only problem is I haven't been able to find him since 1969, & he had no know male relatives. At least I'll know something about my mothers female side, but it still leaves a huge gap I may never be able to find out about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamera
              I'm in 156 also. It says that the DNA isolation began today. Now the long wait. After reading these boards I'm afraid I won't have any idea what my results mean when I do get them I'm excited anyway.

Tamera
              Hey...what are you doing in here?...i thought you were in Isolation?

Journey into other batch strings too. Ask all your questions. Cause we usually figure them out amonst us. Everybody is on a level field here.

I'm MT Haplo H... I'm now having the deep-thingie done in batch 153. to see if I have a sub-group within Haplo H.

I have had the HVR! and the HVR2 up-grade already. I have HVR1 matches in Europe as well as a closer match in America. Everyone wants to help..because that's how we all learn...(at least I do)

Comment

Kit Received
                06/01/2006

Batch 156 created
                06/07/2006

DNA Isolation began
                06/10/2006

DNA at Sequencing facility
                06/23/2006

Quality Control began

Comment

Does anyone have a 12-marker test in this batch and have the target date handy?

TIA!

Comment

12 marker target date

The target date for my 12 marker test is July 27th. Can hardly wait! Just found my 91 yr old father after 38 years of being separated. Taking a trip next week to go seen him. That will answer lots of questions about his side. I need to get him to take a DNA test. This is an exciting month all the way around when it comes to my ancestry.

Tamera

Comment

The target date for my 12 marker test is July 27th. Can hardly wait! Just found my 91 yr old father after 38 years of being separated. Taking a trip next week to go seen him. That will answer lots of questions about his side. I need to get him to take a DNA test. This is an exciting month all the way around when it comes to my ancestry.

Tamera
                      Want me to help you hold him down while you swab the inside of his cheek?

All kidding aside, congratulations!

Comment

Thank you and congrats!! I hope your visit with your father goes well.

In case you didn't know, you can order a DNA kit and have it invoiced, so you don't pay until you actually send back the samples. So I'd suggest ordering one for him (ASAP so you get it in time) and bring it with you. Of course you might want to talk to him for a little while before whipping out the swabs Hopefully you won't need Stevo's help!
                        Last edited by efgen; 5 July 2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                          Im also in batch 156, my target result date is 21 July. For some reason my Project Admin has my result date as 2 August. Im hoping the July date is correct.
                          Im having mtDNAplus done.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
                            Thank you and congrats!! I hope your visit with your father goes well.

In case you didn't know, you can order a DNA kit and have it invoiced, so you don't pay until you actually send back the samples. So I'd suggest ordering one for him (ASAP so you get it in time) and bring it with you. Of course you might want to talk to him for a little while before whipping out the swabs Hopefully you won't need Stevo's help!
                            Stevo, thanks for the offer of help ! Hope I don't need it, but who knows, he's still going strong.

Efgen, thanks for the information, I had no idea you could have the test invoiced. That was helpful information, appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

Tamera

Comment

Just checking!

I was hoping someone had reported early 12 marker results in for batch 156, so I could spend the rest of today refreshing my project's results page.

Comment

Working...
                              X