Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 155 Created

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update on my grandfather's GP kit!

    I just checked my grandfather's GP page again and finally have an update (see note below). In brief, they need to do a SNP test to determine his haplogroup, which will take another 2-3 weeks. This probably also means that he will have very few matches in the FTDNA database..

    Don't they know that patience isn't one of my virtues? Of course, it will be worth the wait. So I continue to wait with anticipation!

    Maybe my brother's test, which is in the next batch, will be done soon

    Elise



    ADDITIONAL TESTING REQUIRED

    Your sample has completed the DNA analysis phase of testing. However, during quality control your initial results failed to clearly indicate your haplogroup. We must perform additional testing to accurately determine your deep ancestral lineage. This is not uncommon, but will delay the posting of your results by two to three weeks.

    We appreciate your patience. Please also note that this delay is a sign of the Project's success in increasing the diversity of samples in our database.

    If we find that there is a problem at any point during the processing of your sample, you will receive an updated message when you log in to check your status.
    Last edited by efgen; 9 July 2006, 06:43 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by GvdM
      Yeah eventually, but the S21 thing is holding me back at the moment.
      I certainly understand that. I guess you saw John McEwan's response to my Rootsweb DNA List post about a non-Iberian Ice Age refuge.

      I'm hoping FTDNA will start testing for more R1b SNPs soon.

      I think they will.

      In the meantime, I'm happy with SNP results I have received.

      Comment


      • 67 Marker test

        I checked my pending lab results today and for my 67 marker test it used to say 37-67. Today it said 38-47. No mention of the last 20 markers. My projected due date is Monday teh 17th. I wonder if it'll be done. I've heard that others are past due on their 67 marker tests. I also have mtDNA results that are supposed to be due on Monday from this batch.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by R2-D2
          I checked my pending lab results today and for my 67 marker test it used to say 37-67. Today it said 38-47. No mention of the last 20 markers. My projected due date is Monday teh 17th. I wonder if it'll be done. I've heard that others are past due on their 67 marker tests. I also have mtDNA results that are supposed to be due on Monday from this batch.
          I just noticed that the members of my project also now say markers 38-47. I sent an email off to FTDNA to find out what is up.

          Comment


          • I just received a note from Charles Kerchner and he said:

            "Y-Refine37to67(Y-DNA38-47 Markers)"

            or

            "Y-Refine37to67(Y-DNA48-60 Markers)"

            I believe what FTDNA is reporting with that notation is that you have ordered the Y-Refine37to67 upgrade and that the one panel of the three, i.e., the 48-60 marker panel, etc., is still not finished. FTDNA is not releasing any results until all three panels are done ... even though they do the new marker upgrade as three separate panels and may have two of the panels done while awaiting the remaining third panel. I believe the notation is telling you which panel of the three is still not completed and thus keeping your 67 marker upgrade results in the pending status. They have not reduced the number of markers. It is still 67.

            This makes sense to me anyway.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Stevo
              I'm hoping FTDNA will start testing for more R1b SNPs soon.
              No no no no no, we need more EYE ONE A SNPs! Yes we do

              Comment


              • Well, I've ordered my SNP testing for my "I"....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by melissa
                  No no no no no, we need more EYE ONE A SNPs! Yes we do
                  I don't begrudge you those!

                  Comment


                  • In three days my two remaining SNPs - M37 and P66 - are due.

                    I wonder if they will come in on time.

                    I got the others way early, so I can't complain if the remaining two are a little tardy. Still, it would be nice to get those results.

                    Comment


                    • Today's the day!

                      Today is the expected results date for my Deep SNP-R1b test.

                      I got most of the results about a month ago , but I am still waiting on M37 and P66.

                      Will those results come in today?

                      We'll see. So far, I've never had a late result from FTDNA, but I understand they've had some trouble with those two SNPs. A lot of R1b guys are still waiting for word on them.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Stevo
                        Today is the expected results date for my Deep SNP-R1b test.

                        I got most of the results about a month ago , but I am still waiting on M37 and P66.

                        Will those results come in today?

                        We'll see. So far, I've never had a late result from FTDNA, but I understand they've had some trouble with those two SNPs. A lot of R1b guys are still waiting for word on them.

                        My Subclade test is in Batch 154. They said that they were retesting some markers and that it might take another five weeks. They gave me a partial result of R1b1c. My 67 marker and HVR1 & 2 were due today from this batch
                        but I didn't get them yet. I heard there are quite a few people who have late 67 marker tests. I don't know if there are problems with the HVR1 & 2 also...

                        R2

                        Comment


                        • Well, now I have experienced a first. This is the first time FTDNA has been late with test results for me. My Deep SNP-R1b results were due yesterday, and I am still lacking a report on M37 and P66.

                          Of course, I still can't complain: I got all but those two SNPs about a month early.

                          I guess I can be patient for awhile.

                          Guess I'll have to be!

                          Comment


                          • 155 Results expected before or by 1 August

                            This my first use of the 'Forum'.

                            After seeing some customers were receiving some partial results on batch 155 I called FTDNA a couple of days ago.

                            On two previous orders the data was received a week or two before it was due, and FTDNA has always provided rapid responses to my emails.

                            During this last call I was told that upgrades to 67 markers were creating a problem but that I should have my data within ten or so days, but almost certainly by the First of August.

                            Regards,

                            Myke

                            Comment


                            • Received my Grandfather's GP Results!

                              Finally received my grandfather's GP results -- it had been delayed a few weeks, pending a SNP test. I just checked again and the results are in!

                              He ended up being J2, which really shouldn't have surprised me I've transferred his results to FTDNA, will be upgrading to 37 markers, and have uploaded to Ysearch: CG79B

                              Comment


                              • Congratulations!

                                Originally posted by efgen
                                Finally received my grandfather's GP results -- it had been delayed a few weeks, pending a SNP test. I just checked again and the results are in!

                                He ended up being J2, which really shouldn't have surprised me I've transferred his results to FTDNA, will be upgrading to 37 markers, and have uploaded to Ysearch: CG79B
                                That's good news!

                                Congratulations!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X