Why my results are not back yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch 167

The first, last and only posting on my page was an estimated delivery date of 10/9/06. It is now 11/2/06. Should I not have received an update of some sort? Have I been lost in the shuffle? The new system does not appear to be functioning

Comment

I don't think FTDNA is in to updates....If you querry them you'll get the standard reply that "somehing" failed and it will be three more weeks....

Comment

I have one week left in my latest ...." results in 3-weeks."

Comment

My lab test update page still says Sept 4th. My last update email in response to my query was "beginning November"....and it's now the 13th.

At the very least they need to fix the update page...put in "can't be determined" or "Unknown at this time".

Comment

You probably should check your E-Mail.
            FTDNA notified their list as they are modernizing their facility
            in Texas.

Be Patient.................

Comment

They sent me vials C, D, and E. Now my R1b Deep SNP is in batch 178 and is due Christmas day. Some people who I know have late SNPs have e-mailed FTDNA about new vials and had them sent. Perhaps if you're way over due like I was you should drop them a line about doing new scrapings.

Comment

Originally posted by R2-D2
                Perhaps if you're way over due like I was you should drop them a line about doing new scrapings.
                " like I was",
                Are you trying to stirr people to a non trusted DNA tester?
                Hey one group of people messed up Genealogy and now they are trying to mess up DNA testing.
                I told you before, FTDNA has never been behind with any our tests.
                Are you not on the mailing list? They notified all their customers.
                I smell a Rat.

Comment

Originally posted by darroll
                  ....I told you before, FTDNA has never been behind with any our tests.
                  Are you not on the mailing list? They notified all their customers.....
                  They didn't notify me. But, I've never heard of an ftdna mailing list, so perhaps I missed out because of that. In any case it is true that they are sending out new kits to get fresh samples from some of the folks whose deep clade SNP tests have repeatedly failed. Two of my deep R1b SNPs are 7 months late, and although I haven't received a new sample kit, I know others who have. I suppose they're still trying to squeeze mine one more time.

Comment

" like I was",
                    Hey one group of people messed up Genealogy and now they are trying to mess up DNA testing.
                    I smell a Rat.
                    Please stop throwing around conspiracy theories and accusations. Glad to hear your own tests have never been late, but that doesn't mean other people's tests will never be late. FTDNA readily admits that not all tests complete successfully the first time around and some test results get delayed by necessary re-runs. So there's no need to get all bent out of shape at the mere mention of late results.

The only FTDNA mailing list is the Facts & Genes newsletter list. The recent newsletter announced FTDNA's new lab in Houston, but that new lab has nothing to do with the delayed results that most people are reporting. The new lab is only going to handle "advanced" tests, while the reported delays are for the "standard" tests that will continue to be handled by the Arizona lab.

Comment

Originally posted by efgen
                      Please stop throwing around conspiracy theories and accusations. Glad to hear your own tests have never been late, but that doesn't mean other people's tests will never be late. FTDNA readily admits that not all tests complete successfully the first time around and some test results get delayed by necessary re-runs. So there's no need to get all bent out of shape at the mere mention of late results.

The only FTDNA mailing list is the Facts & Genes newsletter list. The recent newsletter announced FTDNA's new lab in Houston, but that new lab has nothing to do with the delayed results that most people are reporting. The new lab is only going to handle "advanced" tests, while the reported delays are for the "standard" tests that will continue to be handled by the Arizona lab.
                      This is part of the E-Mail I received.

Quote:
                      Family Tree DNA's Genomics Research Center in Houston is now operational under the direction of Thomas Krahn.

This state of the art laboratory includes an ABI 3730 sequencer and the latest technology and robotics for extraction, liquid handling, and storage, to ensure fast and accurate operations.

Family Tree DNA now provides all the DNA tests previously available from DNA-Fingerprint.
                      End Quote:

I feel some of the complaints are chain letter types designed to discourage
                      new folks from having their DNA tested thru FTDNA. I think the "whiners" should include their kit number so we can believe them and FTDNA can respond to these folks.

d

Comment

new folks from having their DNA tested thru FTDNA. I think the "whiners" should include their kit number so we can believe them and FTDNA can respond to these folks.
                        The email you quoted says absolutely nothing about expecting test results to be late.

Another post in this forum quoted a private email from FTDNA explaining that FTDNA is in the process of recalibrating its panels (i.e., adjusting the chemicals it uses bring out the markers from the DNA), and this has caused a 2-week delay in recent results. This explanation sounds believable, and gives us reason to hope that in the future, test results will be more punctual.

Do not doubt that we are experiencing substantial delays right now. In the project of which I am administrator, here are the tests that are now late, with their due dates:

DeepSNP-R1a, 3/13
                        HVR1+HVR2, 8/23
                        yDNA 38-67, 8/28
                        DeepSNP-I, 9/4
                        yDNA 13-25, 11/1
                        yDNA 48-60, 11/1
                        yDNA 26-37, 11/8
                        yDNA 26-37, 11/8
                        yDNA 26-37, 11/8
                        yDNA 38-67, 11/13
                        yDNA 38-67, 11/13
                        FGS (mtDNA full sequence), 11/13
                        FGS, 11/13

This list does not include DeepSNP tests for which (only) partial results have arrived.
                        Last edited by lgmayka; 14 November 2006, 05:46 AM.

Comment

" like I was",
                          I smell a Rat.

Quote:
                          Family Tree DNA's Genomics Research Center in Houston is now operational under the direction of Thomas Krahn.

This state of the art laboratory includes an ABI 3730 sequencer and the latest technology and robotics for extraction, liquid handling, and storage, to ensure fast and accurate operations.

Family Tree DNA now provides all the DNA tests previously available from DNA-Fingerprint.
                          End Quote:

d
                          Wow! That's some message to wake up to! I know not of the "Rat" you speaketh. If I was a chain letter wouldn't I have asked you to send me to ten of your friends in the next five minutes or you would have bad luck for seven years? Go here and click on lab results, I am the only R1b1c in green. Also go here and here (I'm about 3/4 of the way down on this one. As far as your other accusations, I had to look at your previous posts to see what you were referring to. I think that if you check my posts you'll see that you and I are somewhat on the same page. I have only tested with FTDNA for genealogy reasons, I did an ABDNA 2.5 before the FTDNA/DNA-F merger. I would prefer to do all of my testing in one spot. The only test which might interest me now is the S-series test since I have been told that I look to be S21+, however I would like to wait until FTDNA develops a test for that. I can't see paying for the same test at two different places, especially with so many new video game systems coming out this year! Now if you'll excuse me, I only have ten waking hours left to play FFXII!

Comment

I'm a Beer'r..Not a Wine'r

My kit# is N12172

My last update for pending results for Batch 147 says:
                            aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa
                            Test.................................Expected..... ..Batch...........Notes
                            DeepSNP-R1b(DSNP-R1b)...06/09/2006......147........Your test is now in
                            .................................................. ......................process at the lab
                            .................................................. ......................and results are
                            .................................................. ......................expected to arrive
                            .................................................. ..................... by June 9th.

The above expected date is a target used by the lab. Actual date may vary by a few days.

Comment

I recieved some snp's

I am waiting on P66 M37 M160

Comment

[QUOTE=R2-D2]Wow! That's some message to wake up to! I know not of the "Rat" you speaketh. If I was a chain letter wouldn't I have asked you to send me to ten of your friends in the next five minutes or you would have bad luck for seven years? Go

Great answer to my comments.

The rat I was referring to was there was so many similar gripes with absolutely no proof.

It looked to me like some of these people are just out to cause harm to FTDNA.

FTDNA are nice folks that do not seem to defend themselves. The letter they sent out should of answered some of the alleged problems. One claimed that there was “no letter/E-Mail” generated by FTDNA and sent to my in-box..
                                That raised the hair on the back of my neck.

Have Fun,

darroll

Comment

Working...
                                X