No announcement yet.

Why my results are not back yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuk.... I have my DSNP-I in batch 169 and just yesterday decided to go the whole hog and order 38-67 upgrade. (I thought since so many results were coming in early recently, that they had sorted out the delays with upgrades.)

I knew DSNP-R were having major delays, I didnt realise DSNP-I were aswell.

Maybe I should have kept my money in my pockets. Or maybe FTDNA should take payment on delivery of results........

Comment

Originally posted by Wallander
      By the way: does anybody know for sure if FTDNA will include the "S" series (S21, S28 and so on...) in the near future? I think this would help a lot to put some order within the R1b1c mess.
      Wallander,
      I don't think that FTDNA is going to do the "S-series". The S-series of markers has not been published and is not an official part of the human phylogenetic tree. Although FTDNA did discover the Null DYS 439 which is associated with S26/R1b1c9a they did not publish it which allowed it to be independently discovered by another group. If one isn't null at DYS 439 I think one could assume that they aren't R1b19a. So I guess, in order for FTDNA to do the S-series, they would have to independently discover them on their own and them publish the info to make them official. Which means that they could also be renamed...
      The only new stuff that I have heard is in the works is some of DNA Fingerprint's markers will be made available to FTDNA customers in the coming months. At least 12 of those markers are on Ysearch which might help show new relationships to people who have already had those markers tested.

Comment

Thanks, R2-D2

Thanks, RD-D2. I found your comments on the "S series" really helpful to understand what's going on. Hope to hear about these Fingerprint markers soon...

Wallander

R1b1c, U5a

Comment

Originally posted by R2-D2
          So I guess, in order for FTDNA to do the S-series, they would have to independently discover them on their own and them publish the info to make them official.
          Or, the S-series would need to be published by EA, so that the discoveries can be peer-reviewed and accepted by the rest of the community. Then FTDNA can decide whether to offer them. I have no idea what the timeframe is for publication, but I believe that EA has not published yet so that they could offer these tests themselves to re-coup their research costs. Can't really blame EA for that, and we certainly can't blame FTDNA for it either.

Comment

Batch 163 mt-H

Has anyone received their information yet? I'm happy with the way I've been receiving my information, just wondering.

Norene

Comment

Not all information is obtainable at this point.

Some snp markers have not came through yet. i've been waiting about 4 months for these snp markers.

I have recieved my 67 dna marker sequence. It's just this deep clade stuff.

Comment

ok..seeing as this is the Admin thread i guess I should ask here?

where are the snp results?

Comment

By the very nature of SNP testing it may take months to get your results back.

Comment

Well today my R1b1 SNP tests became officially overdue. Now I can start counting with everyones else to see how long the wait turns out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Barrett
                      By the very nature of SNP testing it may take months to get your results back.
                      It's been three months for me not including the month wait to the due date

Comment

That would be 6 months waiting for me from batch 147.

Comment

SNP's...another month waiting... another disappointment.

Comment

As an administrator of a fairly large project (200 members), I can look at our history of received results and tell you that for several months now, FTDNA has been running deepSNP tests only once a month, around the end of the month. And it appears that not every haplogroup gets a deepSNP 'run' each month.

Comment

Hurry up and wait...

HVR2 results exactly one month late today! My result page still shows due date 9/11/2006 I think that it's more frustrating to be told "one more week", then "two more weeks" than to just be told that it will take another month or two...or whatever! What's wrong with the notification system that was put in place around April
                              2003?

HVR1: L3e1*, 16179T, 16223T, 16327T, 16519C
                              Last edited by ; 11 October 2006, 11:37 AM.

Comment

this being an administation thread, I guess it is best asked here.

FTDNA...WHERE ARE MY SNP RESULTS FOR BATCH 147

Comment

Working...
                                X