No announcement yet.

Why my results are not back yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another month has slipped by ... any news on the oustanding R1b deep clade results in the offing yet please?

Comment

Originally posted by warzypants
      Another month has slipped by ... any news on the oustanding R1b deep clade results in the offing yet please?
      I would sent Eileen an e-mail... She's very good, she will reply the same or the next day with an answer... I presume it might take another week until they figure out these two SNPs, if successfull.

Comment

Almost another 2 months since my last whinge about batch 143. At least it now says that the 3 SNPs are being tested, but really this is getting beyond a joke! I mean, I did expect the results initially in February 2006 and now here we are in mid-September!

It would be great to get a realistic date or, if it really looks like those SNPs arent going to yield results, perhaps the offer of a discount on one of the other tests would go some way to alleviating the frustration?

Greg

Comment

Almost another 2 months since my last whinge about batch 143. At least it now says that the 3 SNPs are being tested, but really this is getting beyond a joke! I mean, I did expect the results initially in February 2006 and now here we are in mid-September!

It would be great to get a realistic date or, if it really looks like those SNPs arent going to yield results, perhaps the offer of a discount on one of the other tests would go some way to alleviating the frustration?

Greg
          Greg, I'm in batch 143 also. I've corresponded at intervals with ftdna during the wait. Their latest - two weeks ago - informed me that I could expect P66 results "within the week". Oops....again.

Comment

The Polish Project has a member who ordered a deepSNP-R1a in batch 137 (due date March 13). Results have still not arrived.

Comment

Here is the latest reply ... hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel after all?

(from FTDNA email (Sierra))
              Thanks for your email. I am responding on behalf of Eileen. I apologize for the delay of your Deep SNP R1b results. Each of these Deep SNP panels has a number of SNPs that are tested, not all of which have performed as well as we would like. We took measures to revalidate these non-functional or partially functional SNPs and sent a notification email to everyone waiting for these SNPs to let them know what was happening and the reason for the delay. The good news is that all of these SNPs were successfully revalidated recently, and everyone waiting on these SNPs has been pulled and rerun again. We expect the results of your P66 to arrive in 2-3 weeks and the other two markers within 3-4 weeks. We are very focused on getting these three SNPS completed for everyone who is missing them and the R1b SNPs have taken top priority with our laboratory.

Comment

Greg
                Special discount to DNA fingerprint offers. SMGF upgrade panel for half price.
                Maybe not in this world.
                I would suggest you consider testing at EthnoAncestry

Comment

A discount would be nice

I've also been waiting six month for the results of my E3b deep clade test. (Batch 141) Some form of discount on further tests would be a good gesture to make.

Les

Comment

This is a discouraging read....I'm only one month beyond my expected due date for a Deep SNP-I. I guess I'll have to wait an additional six or more months now

Comment

Still waiting for our SNP's

I'm not very good at calculating probabilities, but it seems to be beyond statistics that me and two friends of mine (proud members of batch 147) are waiting for this message to change: "Your test is now in process at the lab and results are expected to arrive by June 9th." Today is September the 22th, and although some of our SNP's did arrive some days after the scheduled date, we are still waiting for the rest to come. I suppose there must be some special difficulties with M37, M160 and P66, because these are the missing ones for all of us.
                      By the way: does anybody know for sure if FTDNA will include the "S" series (S21, S28 and so on...) in the near future? I think this would help a lot to put some order within the R1b1c mess.
                      Last edited by ; 21 September 2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Here is my project's current list of overdue results:

No results:
                        DeepSNP-R1a, batch 137
                        HVR1 + HVR2, batch 159
                        38-to-67 upgrade, batch 161
                        DeepSNP-I, batch 161
                        DeepSNP-J, batch 161
                        DeepSNP-I, batch 162
                        13-to-25 upgrade, batch 163

Partial results:
                        DeepSNP-R1b, batch 145
                        38-to-67 upgrade, batch 151
                        DeepSNP-J, batch 151
                        DeepSNP-R1b, batch 155
                        (2) DeepSNP-R1b, batch 164
                        38-to-67 upgrade, batch 164

Comment

I sent an email asking about my DSNP-I test, which is overdue from batch 163. They said the lab got an "unclear result" on some of the I-SNP's and that it would take about 3 to 5 weeks to re-run.

Comment

Originally posted by JimH
                            ...my DSNP-I test, which is overdue from batch 163. They said the lab got an "unclear result" on some of the I-SNP's (
                            Hmmm,

You've got a delay in a Deep SNP-I test in batch 163 and LGMayka has reported two delayed SNP-I tests... one for batch 161 (mine) and one for batch 162, both in his Polish group project. Three batches in a row! Does this suggest that there is some unusual difficulty in determining I h-group mutations in general? It appears that this particular test is consistently returning inconclusive results.

Comment

Originally posted by rbsvnski
                              You've got a delay in a Deep SNP-I test in batch 163 and LGMayka has reported two delayed SNP-I tests... one for batch 161 (mine) and one for batch 162, both in his Polish group project. Three batches in a row! Does this suggest that there is some unusual difficulty in determining I h-group mutations in general? It appears that this particular test is consistently returning inconclusive results.
                              FTDNA's explanation doesn't make much sense. Even if some of the tests were returning inconclusive results, it would still be helpful to post the partial results. After all, a status of "positive for haplogroup I, still testing for subclades" is better than nothing.

Frankly, my suggestion that a lab assistant mistakenly flushed some batches down the crapper makes more sense.

Comment

I believe that they have overextended themselves for the more difficult analyses. Perhaps to busy raking in the new "12s" for NG.....

Comment

Working...
                                X