Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alumni Batch Lore Pad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hmm, I see you're talking to yourself over here too

    Still waiting for my grandfather's GP results (batch 155), as well as my brother's (batch 156).

    Comment


    • Originally posted by efriedman
      Hmm, I see you're talking to yourself over here too

      Still waiting for my grandfather's GP results (batch 155), as well as my brother's (batch 156).
      Yeah, since Mike O'Connor cut way way back on his posting, the ol' Alumni Batch Lore Pad is not what it used to be.

      I'm trying to keep it alive.

      It seems a lot of folks come here to the FTDNA Forum and wile the time away and ask questions when the are awaiting their first results. Then they seem to disappear.

      I've noticed that trend in reading some of the old threads on the back pages, as well. A lot of fairly knowledgable folks are no longer active here.

      It's sad.

      Tell your grandfather and your brother to start posting!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stevo
        France knocked Brazil out of the World Cup, as everyone knows by now.

        I got most of my Deep SNP-R1b results back, too.

        This summer is going pretty well thus far.

        Now if Germany can just win the whole thing . . .
        My daughter was sad to see England go down, as well. She's been on an England kick since last autumn when we said we would allow her to go along with a class trip this past Spring. A 'Shakespeare' tour of England.

        Maybe I should explain to her that the English have not always been too understanding of us Scots.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DMac
          My daughter was sad to see England go down, as well. She's been on an England kick since last autumn when we said we would allow her to go along with a class trip this past Spring. A 'Shakespeare' tour of England.
          I was sad to see England lose, as well, and the way they lost, on penalty shots, was a real shame. I was also sorry to see the Netherlands fall.

          Originally posted by DMac
          Maybe I should explain to her that the English have not always been too understanding of us Scots.
          You Scots have beat understanding into them a few times. I think they get the picture!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stevo
            Tell your grandfather and your brother to start posting!
            That'll never happen I couldn't even get my brother to pay for his own test! Though I probably could have if I had tried harder -- I just wanted him to do the test, so I didn't really care who paid. On the other hand, I paid for my grandfather's test and told my grandmother that if she sends me a check, I would rip it up. Well that didn't deter her, she sent me the check anyway (although I never told her the full amount, thankfully). I didn't want my grandparents to pay.

            Oh well.

            Elise

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Stevo
              Now if Germany can just win the whole thing . . .
              They have to beat us first

              Italy vs Germany has always been an emotionally charged match, this time

              more than ever. Italians are very angry at some comments appearing on the

              German press these days.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by F.E.C.
                They have to beat us first

                Italy vs Germany has always been an emotionally charged match, this time

                more than ever. Italians are very angry at some comments appearing on the

                German press these days.
                I'm sorry, Francesco. In my excitement over the elimination of Brazil, I forgot that Germany must first beat Italy.

                I'll have to think that one over.

                I like Italy, but my own ancestors may have come from Germany (can't be sure about that yet, though).

                Well, if either one of them wins the whole show, I'll be happy.

                I'm not a big fan of the French, although they are a good team.

                I'll be pulling for Portugal in that one.

                (Wish I could play in the World Cup myself!)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Stevo
                  I'm sorry, Francesco. In my excitement over the elimination of Brazil, I forgot that Germany must first beat Italy.

                  I'll have to think that one over.

                  I like Italy, but my own ancestors may have come from Germany (can't be sure about that yet, though).

                  Well, if either one of them wins the whole show, I'll be happy.

                  I'm not a big fan of the French, although they are a good team.

                  I'll be pulling for Portugal in that one.

                  (Wish I could play in the World Cup myself!)
                  No problem at all Stevo

                  you're absolutely free to support any team you want, afterall it's just a game

                  as some (not me ) say...

                  I know it will be very hard for us, we play against all odds.

                  I hope Portugal beats France too, but on the other hand I can't help

                  thinking how sweet it would be to crush the French on the off chance Italy gets to

                  the final

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by F.E.C.
                    No problem at all Stevo

                    you're absolutely free to support any team you want, afterall it's just a game

                    as some (not me ) say...

                    I know it will be very hard for us, we play against all odds.

                    I hope Portugal beats France too, but on the other hand I can't help

                    thinking how sweet it would be to crush the French on the off chance Italy gets to

                    the final
                    That would be nice to see.

                    Comment


                    • You Got Your Wish!

                      Originally posted by F.E.C.
                      No problem at all Stevo

                      you're absolutely free to support any team you want, afterall it's just a game

                      as some (not me ) say...

                      I know it will be very hard for us, we play against all odds.

                      I hope Portugal beats France too, but on the other hand I can't help

                      thinking how sweet it would be to crush the French on the off chance Italy gets to

                      the final
                      Well, it's Italy vs. France in the final game.

                      I hope Italy beats them soundly.

                      Just the same, I don't want to watch a game that is too one-sided.

                      But Italy and France are the best of the best, so I don't think either team will disappoint me.

                      Go Italy!

                      Comment


                      • I haven't been bit by the soccer bug yet..



                        I just bought a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle.

                        http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MO...ection=gallery


                        I had to do something while waiting for my results to come in. They have a special deal on.....which gives me a $750 in-store credit. I got a windshield, leather jacket, leather gloves and my helmet with the credit.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                          I haven't been bit by the soccer bug yet..



                          I just bought a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle.

                          http://www.harley-davidson.com/PR/MO...ection=gallery


                          I had to do something while waiting for my results to come in. They have a special deal on.....which gives me a $750 in-store credit. I got a windshield, leather jacket, leather gloves and my helmet with the credit.
                          To quote Napoleon Dynamite -

                          Lucky!!!

                          Nice bike!

                          Be safe, brother.

                          Comment


                          • There is very little traffic here on the Island.
                            We only get 10 minutes of rush-hour traffic.

                            You can drive from one end of the capital city Charlottetown, to the other end in 10 minutes.

                            Have there been any surprises with dna results? I'm still waiting for batch147 snp and 67 markers.
                            Last edited by M.O'Connor; 5 July 2006, 06:35 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                              There is very little traffic here on the Island.
                              We only get 10 minutes of rush-hour traffic.

                              You can drive from one end of the capital city Charlottetown, to the other end in 10 minutes.

                              Have there been any surprises with dna results? I'm still waiting for batch147 snp and 67 markers.
                              Mike Maddi got some of his 67-marker upgrade by sending an email to FTDNA. He's still waiting on some of the markers, however.

                              I ordered the 67-marker upgrade, too. I'm in Batch 160 for that, with results expected August 21st.

                              You should email your partial SNP results with your name and Ysearch ID number to John McEwan at [email protected] . He will add you to his SNP results table and try to place your haplotype in an STR cluster, which can help narrow down geography somewhat.

                              You can see the SNP table here.

                              Maybe you've already done that?

                              Prince Edward Island sounds like a great place: peaceful.

                              We get too much traffic around here.

                              Comment


                              • Mike O'Connor -

                                It occurs to me that you must be a rich guy to have retired already at your young age, to have such a nice place in the country, and to be buying a new Harley and numerous dna tests.

                                I'm almost your age, and I'll probably have to work until I keel over.

                                That moment may be coming soon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X