X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghetohound
    • Jan 2006

<snicker>

You are absolutely right! Batch 150 was created today (with my brother's 59 marker test). Im waiting for my mtdna results that are in batch 147...woohoo!!!! Cmon 147...I tink I can I tink I can...

Comment

• Stevo
      R1b-FGC36981
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by efriedman
      Just noticed that this thread has, by far, more posts than any other in the Batch Calendar forum. And no, there's no point to this post -- just making an observation

Elise
      Hooray!

C'mon 147!

Comment

• Stevo
        R1b-FGC36981
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ghetohound
        You are absolutely right! Batch 150 was created today (with my brother's 59 marker test). Im waiting for my mtdna results that are in batch 147...woohoo!!!! Cmon 147...I tink I can I tink I can...
        Batch 150 already?

Soon good ol' Batch 147 will be history, and we will all be FTDNA Forum oldtimers arguing about who's a Viking or a Celt or a Levite and waiting around for our super-dooper deep clades to come in from Batch 1,000.

Comment

• M.O'Connor
          FTDNA Customer
          • Oct 2005

I think 147 was just a good batch.

There must be some Great DNA in there.

...and 600 views!...

(well I think I viewed this thread about 550 times )
          Last edited by M.O'Connor; 27 April 2006, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• sitiv1
            • Mar 2006

nice feel to this batch

I think it's interesting to have people from all over the earth impatiently waiting to get results about things that happened long ago. It's hard for anybody who isn't waiting to understand what it's like waiting.
            With my relative, I had a clue what my haplogroup was going to be, but it was an absolute thrill the day that I hit my page and there were results, and there on the matches page was my 6th cousin 1 time removed (paf says our relationship is that; I can't count that high). Before you know it, I was thinking about ancestors in Iraq. This stuff is fun, and I can't wait to see what everybody is talking about once you get your results back. Maybe they can start a new list "Batch 147 alumni" New folks will look with awe at our august DNA heritage.
            Best of luck everyone; I'm hoping I have some new results next time I log in (in about 15 minutes probably). I haven't a clue what my hvr1 will be; I hope it's something fun
            steve

Comment

• JTCullen
              • Apr 2006

I think Batch 147 has some just really great people in it... and probably some really great DNA too!

Comment

• M.O'Connor
                FTDNA Customer
                • Oct 2005

Once we get our results we can start a 147 Ilumni topic. Maybe under success stories or Genographic?

For now we can come here for up-dates on the Batch and here we can wait patiently

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

My maternal line is "H"..and like my paternal R1B1, both ma and pa have an uncommon mutation. Ma's HVR1 145A , and Pa's 393=12

I don't have any direct matches to others in either Ma or Pa.

In time that may change. Maybe I should get a bunch of my family members together and we could flood a relative surname project and make my sequence look rather normal.

C'mon 147

Comment

• Stevo
                  R1b-FGC36981
                  • Apr 2006

I like the "Batch 147 Alumni" idea. For our 1st reunion party we could all visit a nuclear power plant together and get our own mutation!

I'm looking forward to setting up my personal page and uploading all the stuff to y-search and all that.

I'm probably the descendant of strange visitors from another planet (I suspect a couple of others here are, too).

Won't that make an interesting geographic project?

Comment

• JTCullen
                    • Apr 2006

Alien-Human hybrids? I wonder... could FTDNA detect that? Wait til the debaters on "Illegal Immigration" get ahold of that!

I've made a post on a different forum where Bennett Greenspan has posted some info on Batch delays. In short I suggested a FAQ page that's a little more in-depth to better inform customers about the status of their sample or batch. As an example of some of the "nice to know" information is a post by Bennett ( 3 years old though ) regarding batch creation and target dates. I found this at with Google at FortuneCity:

"We ship via Fed Ex to the lab every other Saturday, for tomorrow afternoon we'll create a batch. The lab will receive the batch on Monday Morning and will begin extraction on Monday afternoon. Typically I get results from the lab in 2 or 3 weeks from the day we deliver to them, so when I add the total amount of time a kit could be in a 'pending' status (2 weeks) I say 5 weeks from time the kit arrives here until we should have results.
                    Quite often the turnaround time is less, but I prefer to under promise and over deliver. Best regards, Bennett Greenspan"

For someone just ordering their kit, this would be some much appreciated information - maybe not absolutely necessary - but sure nice to know. Well informed customers are much more apt to remain patient and content with the processing of their sample.

Comment

• M.O'Connor
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Oct 2005

Strange indeed.

These are my 12/12 matches listed under the home-page tab "Ethnic Origins"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Canary Islands (40 tested) 12/12 matches = 1

China (632 tested)Chinese Muslim (Central Asian Descent) 12/12 matches=1

England (7895 tested)...... 12/12 matches=6

France (926 tested) .........12/12 matches= 8

Germany (3422 tested) ......12/12 matches= 1

Greece (215 tested) ........ 12/12 matches =1

Ireland (4080 tested) ........12/12 matches =3

Italy (786 tested) .............12/12 matches =1

Scotland (3353 tested) ........12/12 matches =2

Spain (809 tested) Andalusia.. 12/12 matches =1

Switzerland (420 tested) .........12/12 matches= 2

United Kingdom (2662 tested)..... 12/12 matches =2

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa

I think I might be part Martian too...I seem to have a match everywhere else. why not Mars?

i found a little spot on the net that you can select the markers you want. http://www.dnaheritage.com/surnameprojects.asp

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

C'mon batch 147.....

Comment

• JTCullen
                        • Apr 2006

I missed that at DNA Heritage the first time around when I was fishing for a DNA testing site to work with. That's a lot of patience to do your tests one marker at a time!

I'm a little suspicious of quick turnaround times and really wanted to settle with the biggest and best - FTDNA - even though some of the others had some interesting alternative tests, especially in the area of deep clade type tests.

Comment

• sitiv1
                          • Mar 2006

I've got too few matches

My cousin and I are J2b1a (new haplotree) +M241 and everything above on the tree (formerly J2e1b in family tree terminology); he had his snps done already. Anyway there aren't too many of us doing genetic testing yet, although it's a pretty common haplogroup along the Mediterranean and over in India near Nepal.
                          We don't seem to come from anywhere
                          I wonder what the Genographic project will do to add alien DNA to their map... An arrow pointing upward? A Picture of Spencer Wells with a finger in the air and a puzzled look on his face?
                          I'm getting dizzy waiting on this "old news" from my mtDNA
                          steve

Comment

• sitiv1
                            • Mar 2006

More useless speculation from sitiv1

I got my last results at 5:57am. That looks to me like a "first thing in the morning web page update." You know get the page ready the night before, maybe run little test script on it, and then set it up to be exposed first thing in the morning.
                            So, based on a sample size of one, has everybody else (who has results) gotten their results first thing in the morning? Did I just see the results of some tech or webbie who did an all nighter and gave me my results just before the next shift started?
                            I guess what I'm asking is, should I keep checking my page every hour?
                            steve

Comment

• Stevo
                              R1b-FGC36981
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sitiv1
                              My cousin and I are J2b1a (new haplotree) +M241 and everything above on the tree (formerly J2e1b in family tree terminology); he had his snps done already. Anyway there aren't too many of us doing genetic testing yet, although it's a pretty common haplogroup along the Mediterranean and over in India near Nepal.
                              We don't seem to come from anywhere
                              I wonder what the Genographic project will do to add alien DNA to their map... An arrow pointing upward? A Picture of Spencer Wells with a finger in the air and a puzzled look on his face?
                              I'm getting dizzy waiting on this "old news" from my mtDNA
                              steve
                              Maybe the Genographic Project will show photos of Area 51 in Nevada for the alien haplogroups.

How did your J2b1as get over near Nepal?

Sounds like some extraterrestrial transport was involved . . .

Comment

• Stevo
                                R1b-FGC36981
                                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                                Strange indeed.

These are my 12/12 matches listed under the home-page tab "Ethnic Origins"

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Canary Islands (40 tested) 12/12 matches = 1

China (632 tested)Chinese Muslim (Central Asian Descent) 12/12 matches=1

England (7895 tested)...... 12/12 matches=6

France (926 tested) .........12/12 matches= 8

Germany (3422 tested) ......12/12 matches= 1

Greece (215 tested) ........ 12/12 matches =1

Ireland (4080 tested) ........12/12 matches =3

Italy (786 tested) .............12/12 matches =1

Scotland (3353 tested) ........12/12 matches =2

Spain (809 tested) Andalusia.. 12/12 matches =1

Switzerland (420 tested) .........12/12 matches= 2

United Kingdom (2662 tested)..... 12/12 matches =2

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaa

I think I might be part Martian too...I seem to have a match everywhere else. why not Mars?

i found a little spot on the net that you can select the markers you want. http://www.dnaheritage.com/surnameprojects.asp

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

C'mon batch 147.....
                                I would be curious to know if your French matches came from Brittany (not Spears ).

Your "Chinese Muslim" match sounds like the one you should focus on.

You both could be descendants of Genghis Mohammed O'Connor.

Comment

Working...
                                X