Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 147 created

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by lgmayka

    I am coming to the conclusion that research results with tables of haplogroups are just as shaky as this, except that researchers don't bother double-checking their results because they can just attribute it to "statistical variation."
    I think you're right. All the studies out there need to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

    Popular books and articles that present speculation in dogmatic fashion as if it were established, proven fact should be read with an especially critical eye.

    Comment


    • Still no report on P66 and M37.

      I think those are both probably private SNPs, but I would like to get my P66-, M37- just to be sure.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stevo
        Still no report on P66 and M37.

        I think those are both probably private SNPs, but I would like to get my P66-, M37- just to be sure.

        Rich, you try to write to Ftdna customer support maybe they will tell due date of your snp results.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rsychev
          Rich, you try to write to Ftdna customer support maybe they will tell due date of your snp results.
          I've done that a couple of times already.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Stevo
            I've done that a couple of times already.
            I've done too and received answer: "Due to a delay at the lab, your results are
            expected within 1-2 weeks".

            Comment


            • This is an email reply I got last week asking about my results for P66, M37, and the other one M160.

              aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

              Thanks for your email. I apologize for the delay in seeing your R1b SNP results. As you know, we have successfully re-validated these SNPs and everyone who is waiting on the results has been pulled and is in the process of being re-run. We are expecting these overdue results to start arriving in about 3 weeks. When we were first successful in revalidating these SNPs, we did not fully understand how difficult it would be for the lab to pull the small amount of DNA necessary for the hundreds of samples waiting for these results. Because it must be done by hand the lab is moving much slower than expected in order to be as cautious as possible to avoid any errors. We are currently working to come up with a better way to solve this problem.

              Have a lovely day.
              Sierra Netz
              Family Tree DNA
              http://www.familytreedna.com

              aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa


              The thing is... I've heard this before.

              C'mon 147...
              Last edited by M.O'Connor; 29 October 2006, 05:43 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                This is an email reply I got last week asking about my results for P66, M37, and the other one M160.

                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

                Thanks for your email. I apologize for the delay in seeing your R1b SNP results. As you know, we have successfully re-validated these SNPs and everyone who is waiting on the results has been pulled and is in the process of being re-run. We are expecting these overdue results to start arriving in about 3 weeks. When we were first successful in revalidating these SNPs, we did not fully understand how difficult it would be for the lab to pull the small amount of DNA necessary for the hundreds of samples waiting for these results. Because it must be done by hand the lab is moving much slower than expected in order to be as cautious as possible to avoid any errors. We are currently working to come up with a better way to solve this problem.

                Have a lovely day.
                Sierra Netz
                Family Tree DNA
                http://www.familytreedna.com

                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa


                The thing is... I've heard this before.

                C'mon 147...
                Me too. I'm in batch 154 and waiting for P66 and M37. I ordered an I SNP for my step father. That is due in another week or two but they are already retesting it and no partial results have been given. There is no surname project that he can join so we needed the I SNP so that he could join one of the I hg projects.

                I am probably S21+ but I don't know if I want to get the S-Series test from EA or wait until FTDNA tests for it. If the results aren't transferrable I don't think that I want to pay for it at two different companies. I have no surname matches here anyway. I need to save my dough so I can recruit some people to do a DNA test. It'll be wierd calling strangers in another country and asking for their cheek cells.

                Comment


                • Looks like some folks are getting their M37 and P66 results. I'm hoping that's a good sign for the rest of us.

                  Thus far nobody is positive for either M37 or P66.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Stevo
                    Looks like some folks are getting their M37 and P66 results. I'm hoping that's a good sign for the rest of us.

                    Thus far nobody is positive for either M37 or P66.

                    Nobody is possitive?..that makes me wonder.

                    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

                    C'mon with the 147 results

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                      Nobody is possitive?..that makes me wonder.

                      aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

                      C'mon with the 147 results
                      I have heard that thus far the only men ever tested as P66+ were two Italians, and the only men tested M37+ were a couple of Australians.

                      Perhaps those men were related and P66 and M37 are private SNPs?

                      I have yet to hear of anyone on any of these dna boards who has test either P66+ or M37+.

                      Who knows, though; maybe one of us will be the first?

                      Comment


                      • So far 2 weeks have gone by since I was told another 3 weeks.

                        I am not holding my breath..


                        C'mon 147 !!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Stevo
                          I have heard that thus far the only men ever tested as P66+ were two Italians, and the only men tested M37+ were a couple of Australians.

                          Perhaps those men were related and P66 and M37 are private SNPs?

                          I have yet to hear of anyone on any of these dna boards who has test either P66+ or M37+.

                          Who knows, though; maybe one of us will be the first?

                          What "tribe" were those Aussies?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by R2-D2
                            What "tribe" were those Aussies?
                            Nevermind, I just looked it up. They were Australian aborigines, possibly admixed.

                            R1b1c1 aka M37

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by R2-D2
                              Nevermind, I just looked it up. They were Australian aborigines, possibly admixed.

                              R1b1c1 aka M37
                              Hmmm . . .

                              Reading that makes one wonder why FTDNA even bothers testing for it. Sounds pretty rare and obscure.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Stevo
                                Hmmm . . .

                                Reading that makes one wonder why FTDNA even bothers testing for it. Sounds pretty rare and obscure.
                                There seems to be eleven of them on Ysearch, I don't think that any of them are Australian Aborigines though... Probably people that miskeyed their info.

                                Displaying Users with Haplogroup R1b1c1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X