X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R2-D2
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevo
    I have heard that thus far the only men ever tested as P66+ were two Italians, and the only men tested M37+ were a couple of Australians.

Perhaps those men were related and P66 and M37 are private SNPs?

I have yet to hear of anyone on any of these dna boards who has test either P66+ or M37+.

Who knows, though; maybe one of us will be the first?

What "tribe" were those Aussies?

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    So far 2 weeks have gone by since I was told another 3 weeks.

I am not holding my breath..

C'mon 147 !!

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by M.O'Connor
    Nobody is possitive?..that makes me wonder.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

C'mon with the 147 results
    I have heard that thus far the only men ever tested as P66+ were two Italians, and the only men tested M37+ were a couple of Australians.

Perhaps those men were related and P66 and M37 are private SNPs?

I have yet to hear of anyone on any of these dna boards who has test either P66+ or M37+.

Who knows, though; maybe one of us will be the first?

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    Looks like some folks are getting their M37 and P66 results. I'm hoping that's a good sign for the rest of us.

Thus far nobody is positive for either M37 or P66.

Nobody is possitive?..that makes me wonder.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

C'mon with the 147 results

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Looks like some folks are getting their M37 and P66 results. I'm hoping that's a good sign for the rest of us.

Thus far nobody is positive for either M37 or P66.

Leave a comment:

• R2-D2
    replied
    This is an email reply I got last week asking about my results for P66, M37, and the other one M160.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks for your email. I apologize for the delay in seeing your R1b SNP results. As you know, we have successfully re-validated these SNPs and everyone who is waiting on the results has been pulled and is in the process of being re-run. We are expecting these overdue results to start arriving in about 3 weeks. When we were first successful in revalidating these SNPs, we did not fully understand how difficult it would be for the lab to pull the small amount of DNA necessary for the hundreds of samples waiting for these results. Because it must be done by hand the lab is moving much slower than expected in order to be as cautious as possible to avoid any errors. We are currently working to come up with a better way to solve this problem.

Have a lovely day.
    Sierra Netz
    Family Tree DNA
    http://www.familytreedna.com

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

The thing is... I've heard this before.

C'mon 147...
    Me too. I'm in batch 154 and waiting for P66 and M37. I ordered an I SNP for my step father. That is due in another week or two but they are already retesting it and no partial results have been given. There is no surname project that he can join so we needed the I SNP so that he could join one of the I hg projects.

I am probably S21+ but I don't know if I want to get the S-Series test from EA or wait until FTDNA tests for it. If the results aren't transferrable I don't think that I want to pay for it at two different companies. I have no surname matches here anyway. I need to save my dough so I can recruit some people to do a DNA test. It'll be wierd calling strangers in another country and asking for their cheek cells.

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    This is an email reply I got last week asking about my results for P66, M37, and the other one M160.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Thanks for your email. I apologize for the delay in seeing your R1b SNP results. As you know, we have successfully re-validated these SNPs and everyone who is waiting on the results has been pulled and is in the process of being re-run. We are expecting these overdue results to start arriving in about 3 weeks. When we were first successful in revalidating these SNPs, we did not fully understand how difficult it would be for the lab to pull the small amount of DNA necessary for the hundreds of samples waiting for these results. Because it must be done by hand the lab is moving much slower than expected in order to be as cautious as possible to avoid any errors. We are currently working to come up with a better way to solve this problem.

Have a lovely day.
    Sierra Netz
    Family Tree DNA
    http://www.familytreedna.com

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaa

The thing is... I've heard this before.

C'mon 147...
    Last edited by M.O'Connor; 29 October 2006, 06:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    I've done that a couple of times already.
    I've done too and received answer: "Due to a delay at the lab, your results are
    expected within 1-2 weeks".

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by rsychev
    Rich, you try to write to Ftdna customer support maybe they will tell due date of your snp results.
    I've done that a couple of times already.

Leave a comment:

• rsychev
    replied
    Still no report on P66 and M37.

I think those are both probably private SNPs, but I would like to get my P66-, M37- just to be sure.

Rich, you try to write to Ftdna customer support maybe they will tell due date of your snp results.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Still no report on P66 and M37.

I think those are both probably private SNPs, but I would like to get my P66-, M37- just to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by lgmayka

I am coming to the conclusion that research results with tables of haplogroups are just as shaky as this, except that researchers don't bother double-checking their results because they can just attribute it to "statistical variation."
    I think you're right. All the studies out there need to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Popular books and articles that present speculation in dogmatic fashion as if it were established, proven fact should be read with an especially critical eye.

Leave a comment:

• lgmayka
    replied
    so in the last 6 months ftdna has been unable to perform as advertised.

where are my snp results?
    It's not just FTDNA. Apparently, SNPs are simply more difficult to detect properly than research papers led us to believe. Here is a complaint that came over a prominent genetics mailing list today:
    ---
    Several weeks ago I reported here an unusual result at P25 from Ethnoancestry. The report was that I had no C-type allele at P25. The conclusion was that my P25 SNP was of the AAA type, not seen in any other man. This conclusion was reviewed and confirmed by Ethnoancestry. Several days ago I reported on another series of tests on a distant cousin in regard to S21. The cousin was found to be S21-, which caused a review of my test and I was changed from S21+ to S21-. Now at P25 my result has changed also. The cousin was found to be P25+; I was retested and found to be P25-. Previously I was reported to be M269+. Now it seems that I have no A-type allele The cousin has not been tested at M269, but the whole bunch of us are strikingly close to the STR R1b modal haplotype.

This error at P25 appears to be totally unrelated to the S21 error. Perhaps I am error-prone.

This is a real confidence shaker, but could turn out to be quite a good thing for Beatty genealogy. As David F noted, if we have errors it is GOOD to have them discovered. How many more? I need to decide what else needs to be checked.
    ---

I am coming to the conclusion that research results with tables of haplogroups are just as shaky as this, except that researchers don't bother double-checking their results because they can just attribute it to "statistical variation."

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    I want my asterisk!!!

I need results for M37 and P66 to be able to get the asterisk beside my R1b1c in Dr. John McEwan's Y-Haplogroup R Results Table.

If I come up negative for M37 and P66, I'll be R1b1c*.

I want that asterisk!

In other words, I'm trying to make an asterisk of myself.

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    The snps for R1B that ftdna claims to test for are listed at the bottom of this linked page http://www.ftdna.com/deepclade.html#deepR1b

c'mon 147

Leave a comment:

Working...
X