Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 147 created

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone from Batch 147 still waiting?

    I'm waiting for markers 26-37, which are targeted for June 2.

    How are you deep claders holding out?

    The first 25 markers have given me so much to puzzle over that my head is spinning.

    It's fun, though, and well worth the money.

    I feel a deep clade thingee of my own coming on!

    Comment


    • Deep clader here from batch 144...partial results only...so I got my R1b1c, now which subclade will I end up in.....hmm.......anyone know which batch they are re-doing the SNP tests (from batch 144)?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stevo
        Anyone from Batch 147 still waiting?

        snip
        Our project is still waiting for one itty bitty 12 marker test. And I want it NOW! Soon??

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Reiker
          Deep clader here from batch 144...partial results only...so I got my R1b1c, now which subclade will I end up in.....hmm.......anyone know which batch they are re-doing the SNP tests (from batch 144)?
          i can only guess which batch they are re-doing...I haven't been informed.

          I'm waiting for markers 38-67 ...and snp.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Reiker
            Deep clader here from batch 144...partial results only...so I got my R1b1c, now which subclade will I end up in.....hmm.......anyone know which batch they are re-doing the SNP tests (from batch 144)?
            Have you checked your markers against the R1b modal haplotypes in the chart here?

            Comment


            • Stevo

              I did......not anywhere close. My DYS 19 is 16 alleles; in his table only seen with R1a haplogroup. Have all you R1b1's joined Kerchner's database yet? The list is over 200 now and the more the merrier

              Comment


              • Reiker.. I pm'd you some PEI stuff. Did you get it ok?


                aaaaaaaaaaaaa

                I found the disc but it doesn't want to "prompt" me to load it. I'll have to get help.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Reiker
                  Stevo

                  I did......not anywhere close. My DYS 19 is 16 alleles; in his table only seen with R1a haplogroup. Have all you R1b1's joined Kerchner's database yet? The list is over 200 now and the more the merrier
                  Wow, 16 at DYS 19. That is a bit different for an R1b.

                  None of Nordtvedt's modals were even close?

                  I joined Kerchner's R1b Project last night.

                  I have a couple of weird markers myself, though I fall into the Frisian haplotype pretty neatly and am close on the Norwegian, as well.

                  But I haven't done the SNP thing yet, and I am still waiting on markers 26-37.

                  Things could change, I guess.

                  Comment


                  • Yikes!

                    No posts in the Batch 147 thread since yesterday?

                    Well, that changes right now!

                    What's up, class?

                    Any more results received yet? Any new insights gained?

                    Comment


                    • I'm still waiting for 38 to 6?..

                      ..and the SNP Test.


                      I just parked my chariot over there for now.

                      I've run out of fantastic ideas on who my ancestors were.

                      I like my..
                      Tartan Mummy -->Tocharian --> Scythian --> Tartan Pict --> assimilation idea.

                      It's better than any Daniken story. Maybe I could write a book.
                      Chariots of the Dog 's

                      That City in the desert ran out of water. Where did the people go?
                      Some mummies in the area are 4000 years old.


                      aside from that....the wait continues.
                      Last edited by M.O'Connor; 27 May 2006, 12:46 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                        I'm still waiting for 38 to 6?..

                        ..and the SNP Test.


                        I just parked my chariot over there for now.

                        I've run out of fantastic ideas on who my ancestors were.

                        I like my..
                        Tartan Mummy -->Tocharian --> Scythian --> Tartan Pict --> assimilation idea.

                        It's better than any Daniken story. Maybe I could write a book.
                        Chariots of the Dog 's

                        That City in the desert ran out of water. Where did the people go?
                        Some mummies in the area are 4000 years old.


                        aside from that....the wait continues.
                        Sounds good to me.

                        At least you're ahead of me. I'm still waiting for markers 26-37, and I haven't even ordered the deep SNP test yet (but I will).

                        My own ancestral theory is more prosaic than yours.

                        Since I know my gggg-grandmother was a Dutch American (though her paternal line - Snedeker - is Danish), and I seem to most nearly line up with the R1b-Frisian modal haplotype, I am guessing that my gggg-grandfather (the Mystery Man) was also Dutch. My surname, Stevens, is fairly common in the Netherlands (but it's common in Britain, as well).

                        But that Frisian modal haplotype got around, so who knows?

                        Comment


                        • I don't have any 37 marker matches. (yet)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                            I don't have any 37 marker matches. (yet)
                            I have some 24/25 near misses with some people who don't have my surname or one of its variants. I'm not too excited about them. If they hold up at 37 markers, then I'll start salivating and getting all sweaty, but I don't think that will happen.

                            I think they'll probably go to 24/37, but who knows?

                            Comment


                            • I have one 24/25 different surname who drops off in 37...as do the other 10 or so.. 23/25 matches.

                              Comment


                              • I guess this is Post # 600 ..a new record..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X