Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTCullen
    replied
    Unbelievable that the ol' Batch 147 thread is still going!! I stopped by just to see how things were going back on the homestead since I've just ordered my 25-37 Y-STR upgrade. I'm not surprised that Stevo and O'Connor were the ones to hang onto the thread the longest.

I see that my biggest wish for FTDNA to better communicate with and better educate their clients regarding DNA testing and possible delays has only seen stuttering successes. Then again I think their heart is in the right place but their business has just boomed beyond anything I even imagined! I suppose that's what we get for riding the wave on the leading edge - uncertainty without much explanation.

Hey.... do you hear that? ... Uh-oh ... I think Mr Denning smells my blood and now he knows I've wandered back into his territory!!! I'm outta here - but always remember - Batch 147 will always rule and now we're a legend in the DNA world ... and nobody takes that away! See you guys! You too Mr Denning ( catch me if you can ).
    Last edited by JTCullen; 27 December 2006, 10:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by M.O'Connor
    I've got enough information for me for a while, a 67 sequence and my H3 Maternal group.

I'm snp confirmed R1B1C, and so far I've tested negative downstreem from there. Perhaps we are R1B1C9999 and R1B1C7463 ?

If the thread goes... it was a slice. was great to meet ya Stevo.

and this guy too
    Thanks. Great to make your acquaintance, too (I hope we continue to communicate!).

Dr. Faux seems to think big things are coming in the field of dna testing in the next two years. Who knows what we'll learn?

Maybe more than we wanted to know?

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    I've got enough information for me for a while, a 67 sequence and my H3 Maternal group.

I'm snp confirmed R1B1C, and so far I've tested negative downstreem from there. Perhaps we are R1B1C9999 and R1B1C7463 ?

If the thread goes... it was a slice. was great to meet ya Stevo.

and this guy too
    Last edited by M.O'Connor; 27 November 2006, 04:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    yes..the same negatives.
    Maybe it's time to let ol' 147 go then.

I think I'm slowly doing the same thing with the FTDNA Forum.

I'll order an mtDNA test pretty soon, and I will probably buy some additional y markers from FTDNA, though.

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    yes..the same negatives.

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    I recieved the last of my snps today.

Is that it for batch 147 results ?
    I just got mine, too.

M37- and P66-.

Same for you?

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    I recieved the last of my snps today.

Is that it for batch 147 results ?

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    forget it!

I got an email saying another 3 weeks.

C'mon 147!...

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    So far 2 weeks have gone by since I was told another 3 weeks.

I am not holding my breath..

C'mon 147 !!

Just 2 days left in this latest 3 week waiting period.

C'mon 147!

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Originally posted by R2-D2
    There seems to be eleven of them on Ysearch, I don't think that any of them are Australian Aborigines though... Probably people that miskeyed their info.

Displaying Users with Haplogroup R1b1c1
    I looked into that awhile back and even emailed some of those alleged "R1b1c1s." (I posted about it over at dna-forums.org and on the Rootsweb DNA List).

None of them is M37+. Their R1b1c1 entries are errors. Some of them are R1b1c9 and note that fact in the notes at the bottom of their entries!

Outside of those couple of Australians - and I read someplace else that they were of European descent - I don't think anyone is M37+.

Leave a comment:

• R2-D2
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevo
    Hmmm . . .

Reading that makes one wonder why FTDNA even bothers testing for it. Sounds pretty rare and obscure.
    There seems to be eleven of them on Ysearch, I don't think that any of them are Australian Aborigines though... Probably people that miskeyed their info.

Displaying Users with Haplogroup R1b1c1

Leave a comment:

• Stevo
    replied
    Nevermind, I just looked it up. They were Australian aborigines, possibly admixed.

R1b1c1 aka M37
    Hmmm . . .

Reading that makes one wonder why FTDNA even bothers testing for it. Sounds pretty rare and obscure.

Leave a comment:

• R2-D2
    replied
    What "tribe" were those Aussies?
    Nevermind, I just looked it up. They were Australian aborigines, possibly admixed.

R1b1c1 aka M37

Leave a comment:

• R2-D2
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevo
    I have heard that thus far the only men ever tested as P66+ were two Italians, and the only men tested M37+ were a couple of Australians.

Perhaps those men were related and P66 and M37 are private SNPs?

I have yet to hear of anyone on any of these dna boards who has test either P66+ or M37+.

Who knows, though; maybe one of us will be the first?

What "tribe" were those Aussies?

Leave a comment:

• M.O'Connor
    replied
    So far 2 weeks have gone by since I was told another 3 weeks.

I am not holding my breath..

C'mon 147 !!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X