No announcement yet.

Batch 147 created

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I second the motion by Stevo to admit Paul Sheats into the Batch 147 Alumni. That's cool... wonder if that's ever happened before? Hi there Paul - welcome to Batch 147 ( but just watch the moderator, he isn't big on a lot of excitement... he's a very seasoned veteran! )

Comment

• Originally posted by Jim Denning
      the simple fact is this is for batch info and stuff not reg chat dna and genealogy is as mtdna and ydna sections
      Well for now...we have kidnapped the 147 thread!

If you pay the ransom of DNA Results we will give you your thread back, unharmed.

Do not call the police.
      Last edited by M.O'Connor; 29 April 2006, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTCullen
        Aw, c'mon Mr Denning, smile a little! We're trying to have a little fun here! You know, if it wasn't for us.... there'd BE no batch info! HeHeHe Besides that, I'm a proud Batch 147 member and loving it stopping by here!

The only serious issue for me is I'd like to see a more detailed FAQ put up on FTDNA so everyone will have a better understanding of the process. Anyone second that opinion?
        Amen.

Besides, we can get target dates and other dry numbers off our personal pages.

The Batch Calendar threads should be used to make the time spent waiting more fun. We may not all belong to the same haplogroups, but we all share hopeful expectations (not to mention monetary investments) for the results of this test.

And we all like, respect, and trust the folks at FTDNA enough to have chosen them with something that is extremely important to all of us.

Comment

• Thanks for the vote of confidence, Stevo. I've emailed Bennett Greenspan with the idea of an updated, more detailed FAQ linked to FTDNA's homepage. I think it'd be good for everyone all around. I'll let you know if it'll fly.

For Mr Denning's benefit, I'll mention again that our batch is right on schedule and I don't think anyone here is freaking out. This FAQ idea is for everyone, not just our batch, and any "overposting" on my part is just my effort to try and get that done. It'll benefit FTDNA also, in my opinion. Well informed customers are happy customers.

By the way, Stevo, I didn't follow that bit about databases on our homepages??

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevo
            And we all like, respect, and trust the folks at FTDNA enough to have chosen them with something that is extremely important to all of us.
            Definitely! I think FTDNA is trying very hard and is doing an excellent job in such a new and exciting science. I'm very impressed by them and it's why I chose FTDNA.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTCullen
              By the way, Stevo, I didn't follow that bit about databases on our homepages??
              If you look on the FTDNA home page (not on your own personal page), in the center column near the upper portion of the page, you will see some stats for the various databases and projects. Sitiv1 - being cleverer than I am - noticed that the numbers in the mtDNA database had recently increased.

I just looked at the Y-DNA numbers, and I believe they have grown, too. If I recall correctly (and I could be off somewhat), they were at 63023 when I looked yesterday. Now they are at 63042, an increase of 19.

That sounds hopeful, doesn't it?

Comment

• Oh, okay! FTDNA homepage, not personal homepage! My mistake. I never gave those a second look after the first time I went to their homepage. Neat! Any sign is a hopeful one!

Comment

• Waiting, but worth the wait.

I wonder if the admins of this list have informed anybody at ftdna about the "out of control batch147" We're pretty happy campers mostly. Waiting for my mtDNA results has encouraged me to try harder on my maternal line on the "paper trail," which is a good thing. I've found some interesting stuff out during the last week. Tracing without the surname can be frustrating. What I found should show up on the mtDNA... Or I may have messed up the trail; the last link is pretty vague. I may be adding 2+2 and getting 22.

The yDNA marker upgrade in this batch should just reconfirm what I already know. It will be very surprising if it does not.

This haplogroup stuff can be fascinating. I would have never figured that I had a Middle Eastern ancestor way back when... I can't wait to hear what some of you other folks have for haplogroups! Maybe we'll have a common ancestor somewhere; maybe that guy who decided to leave the Fertile Cresent and head up to teach the R1b's how to farm.
                  Take care, all (It's time to check my page again)
                  steve
                  Last edited by sitiv1; 29 April 2006, 01:32 PM. Reason: bad grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by sitiv1
                    I wonder if the admins of this list have informed anybody at ftdna about the "out of control batch147" We're pretty happy campers mostly. Waiting for my mtDNA results has encouraged me to try harder on my maternal line on the "paper trail," which is a good thing. I've found some interesting stuff out during the last week. Tracing without the surname can be frustrating. What I found should show up on the mtDNA... Or I may have messed up the trail; the last link is pretty vague. I may be adding 2+2 and getting 22.

The yDNA marker upgrade in this batch should just reconfirm what I already know. It will be very surprising if it does not.

This haplogroup stuff can be fascinating. I would have never figured that I had a Middle Eastern ancestor way back when... I can't wait to hear what some of you other folks have for haplogroups! Maybe we'll have a common ancestor somewhere; maybe that guy who decided to leave the Fertile Cresent and head up to teach the R1b's how to farm.
                    Take care, all (It's time to check my page again)
                    steve
                    This has turned into a big thread. It seems that for some reason a lot of the really enthusiastic folks have tests in Batch 147. I am glad for that. It makes things more interesting and fun.

I guess there is no way of telling for sure what one's haplogroup will be before the results come in. It will certainly be interesting to find out.

Comment

• Your surname could be an indicator to your back ground. Though there can be surprises when the dna lights come on.

I've already been told I am R1B1. I'm scraping the pot here, in case there is a little more information in the snp test. I figured i'd get the 38-59 numbers at the same time, even though I am having problems matching with 37 numbers.

I have seen other sites on the net that have additional numbers which we don't have here. I thought adding the 38-59 numbers would help to cover other sites. I have seen a few of the new numbers in other projects. I may not use but a few of the 38-59 numbers.

I figure my snp results from batch 147 will be the icing on my genetic cake.

I was hoping I would simply match people from Ireland and that would be the end of that. I hope everything runs smooth for you folks.

c'mon 147

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O'Connor
                        I have seen other sites on the net that have additional numbers which we don't have here. I thought adding the 38-59 numbers would help to cover other sites. I have seen a few of the new numbers in other projects. I may not use but a few of the 38-59 numbers.
                        You know, I think this is the biggest issue for surname projects out there.
                        I wish these various DNA companies would start working together to have the same standards for (current/future) markers. You can't compare apples to oranges. They need some kind of group, independent of the companies, that would set standards, perhaps.

Comment

Your surname could be an indicator to your back ground. Though there can be surprises when the dna lights come on.

I've already been told I am R1B1. I'm scraping the pot here, in case there is a little more information in the snp test. I figured i'd get the 38-59 numbers at the same time, even though I am having problems matching with 37 numbers.

I figure my snp results from batch 147 will be the icing on my genetic cake.

I was hoping I would simply match people from Ireland and that would be the end of that. I hope everything runs smooth for you folks.

c'mon 147
                          I'm afraid my surname is not much help when it comes to predicting my y-haplogroup. It's too common. I've looked at the results for it and have seen Is, R1bs, R1as, Js, and even a few E3bs.

I think my ancestors might have come from England, but Germany is also a possibility, and maybe Scotland and even Ireland.

I'll just have to wait and see.

C'mon 147!

Comment

• I wanted a couple answers through DNA and I ended up with a big book of new questions.

(I'm not complaining. I needed something to keep me busy)
                            Last edited by M.O'Connor; 30 April 2006, 08:12 PM.

Comment

I wanted a couple answers through DNA and I ended up with a big book of new questions.

(I'm not complaining. I needed something to keep me busy)
                              I'm sure it will be the same for me.

Y-DNA will answer a few questions and raise a lot of others.

Comment

• The 147 batch results are still targeted for third week in May or so.

I was looking for some y-charts. You might like this one. I think someone gave me this link http://www.isogg.org/tree/index.html

Comment

Working...
                                X