DeepSNP-I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s trangsrud
    I just got my Batch 142 Deep-Clad I results today: I1a.

I'm wondering why they didn't test for P40 (I1a1 marker). They test for I1a2, I1a3 and I1a4 markers, but not for I1a1. Is there something especially difficult about testing for P40?
    I got the following answer to that question:

"When you calibrate a SNP panel in a ‘cocktail’ not all SNP reactions play nice in the sandbox, so to speak. When we have the initial results back from the DEEP haplogroup reaction we’ll look at all these that might be + for P40 and decide if we’ll add an addiotnal test to confirm P40 or now…if we do, we’ll do that grat5is.

Best Regards
    Bennett Greenspan
    President
    www.familytreedna.com
    Date:1/19/2006 10:01:51 A.M. Pacific Standard Time"

Comment

Today got the results of the G deep clade re-run (batch 133). Officially G2

Comment

Originally posted by s trangsrud
        I'm wondering why they didn't test for P40 (I1a1 marker). They test for I1a2, I1a3 and I1a4 markers, but not for I1a1. Is there something especially difficult about testing for P40?
        Why would they need to, really? According to the latest chart for haplogroup I, P40 is always accompanied by M253, M307, and P30:

http://isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpI.html

Thus, testing for P40 appears to be rather superfluous, unless one is hoping to find a previously unknown branching.

The new SNPs that FTDNA apparently does not test for, but should (eventually), are:

S31
        P41.2 (M359.2)
        S23, S30, S32, S33 [always occur together, so only one need be tested?]
        M284
        M379
        P78
        P95

Comment

FTDNA does not use the ISOGG tree.

Comment

Working...
          X