Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 146 created

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    The deepSNP test for R1a is perhaps in the deepest "excrement." In my new status as co-administrator of the Polish project, I can see that several customers are still waiting for deepSNP R1a results which were due as long ago as March 13 (batch 137). Out of three such waiting customers, two have received absolutely no results, and the third has received results only for a single SNP.

    On the other hand, I can see that some customers have correctly recieved full deepSNP R1a results just recently, so perhaps there is hope.

    Comment


    • #92
      Deep SNP

      Originally posted by Stevo
      Another benefit is that you have been updated to the green of a confirmed R1b1c here and I assume on your other project results pages, as well.

      I'm still in the red of a prediction, but I hope to change to green very soon.

      Yes, I am confirmed R1b1c. I did the SNP P25 test first, because initially I was just predicted R1b, but the subsequent test confirmed it. Shortly after, the R1b was updated as R1b1c and now I'm waiting for the M37 and P66 to work before they can rerun all samples. Let's hope one of the two turns positive, otherwise I'll have to wait until they introduce new tests (for R1b1c9 and on). Ethnoancestry is already providing some of these tests but not FTDNA. Perhaps in time...

      The good news is that FTDNA is slowly approaching 70,000 tested samples, which is not bad. Our community is growing, even though still disproportionately in favour of some Western European ancestry (mostly the UK, Ireland, Germany). Hopefully more people will become part of the project.

      Comment


      • #93
        Latest on batch results

        "We’ve gotten some of the results from batch 146 and we’re expecting the remainder to arrive any day, so you should see your 67 marker results arriving soon.

        E-mail any time,
        Eileen Krause
        Anthrogenealogy Response Center
        Family Tree DNA
        http://www.familytreedna.com
        713-868-1438"

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Dan Draghici
          "We’ve gotten some of the results from batch 146 and we’re expecting the remainder to arrive any day, so you should see your 67 marker results arriving soon.

          E-mail any time,
          Eileen Krause
          Anthrogenealogy Response Center
          Family Tree DNA
          http://www.familytreedna.com
          713-868-1438"
          Any day? I'd been hoping that my upgrade to 67 markers would be here by tomorrow. It's in batch 145. Charles Kerchner, the administrator of the R1b project, had estimated that 100 project members had ordered the upgrade. I've been checking the project website to see how many members have the upgrade results show up there.

          At first, there were 30 upgrades for R1b project members. Then a week and a half ago it jumped to 45. Then late last week one additional upgrade result was showing. That's 46 out of Charles' estimate of 100.

          I'm sure hoping I see that result tomorrow or early next week!

          Mike Maddi

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by lgmayka
            The deepSNP test for R1a is perhaps in the deepest "excrement." In my new status as co-administrator of the Polish project, I can see that several customers are still waiting for deepSNP R1a results which were due as long ago as March 13 (batch 137). Out of three such waiting customers, two have received absolutely no results, and the third has received results only for a single SNP.

            On the other hand, I can see that some customers have correctly recieved full deepSNP R1a results just recently, so perhaps there is hope.
            Yeah, some R1as have gotten their Deep SNP-R1a results already.

            Richard Rauch got his Batch 152 SNP results on June 27th, which was pretty close to his target date of June 26th. See this post: http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/s...7&postcount=11

            I don't know if he got all his results, however. Maybe he is missing some SNPs; I don't know.

            Comment


            • #96
              These are my results.

              R1a1
              M173+ M198+ M207+ M124- M157- M343- M56- M87- SRY10831.2-

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Richard Rauch
                These are my results.

                R1a1
                M173+ M198+ M207+ M124- M157- M343- M56- M87- SRY10831.2-
                I guess you got the whole shebang according to the ISOGG chart. I don't see M207 on there, though. Where does that one come in?

                Originally posted by http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpR.html
                R1 M173
                • • R1* -
                • • R1a SRY10831.2 (SRY1532)
                • • • R1a* -
                • • • R1a1 M17, M198
                • • • • R1a1* -
                • • • • R1a1a M56
                • • • • R1a1b M157
                • • • • R1a1c M64.2, M87, M204
                • • R1b M343

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Stevo
                  I guess you got the whole shebang according to the ISOGG chart. I don't see M207 on there, though. Where does that one come in?
                  Nevermind. I found it.

                  M207 is the SNP for our granddaddy, good ol' undifferentiated R.

                  Here is the whole R brotherhood, which I never tire of posting.

                  Originally posted by http://www.isogg.org/tree/ISOGG_HapgrpR.html
                  R M207 (UTY2), M306 (S1), S4, S8, S9
                  • R* -
                  • R1 M173
                  • • R1* -
                  • • R1a SRY10831.2 (SRY1532)
                  • • • R1a* -
                  • • • R1a1 M17, M198
                  • • • • R1a1* -
                  • • • • R1a1a M56
                  • • • • R1a1b M157
                  • • • • R1a1c M64.2, M87, M204
                  • • R1b M343
                  • • • R1b* -
                  • • • R1b1 P25
                  • • • • R1b1* -
                  • • • • R1b1a M18
                  • • • • R1b1b M73
                  • • • • R1b1c M269, S3, S10, S13, S17
                  • • • • • R1b1c* -
                  • • • • • R1b1c1 M37
                  • • • • • R1b1c2 M65
                  • • • • • R1b1c3 M126
                  • • • • • R1b1c4 M153
                  • • • • • R1b1c5 M160
                  • • • • • R1b1c6 SRY2627 (M167)
                  • • • • • R1b1c7 M222
                  • • • • • R1b1c8 P66
                  • • • • • R1b1c9 S21 (added)
                  • • • • • • R1b1c9* -
                  • • • • • • R1b1c9a L1 (S26) (added)
                  • • • • • • R1b1c9b S29 (added)
                  • • • • • R1b1c10 S28 (added)
                  • • • • R1b1d M335
                  • R2 M124
                  Last edited by Stevo; 30 June 2006, 08:49 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Tough cookies...

                    Originally posted by Stevo
                    Nevermind. I found it.

                    M207 is the SNP for our granddaddy, good ol' undifferentiated R.

                    Here is the whole R brotherhood, which I never tire of posting.
                    So it's pretty much the M37 and P66 that are causing problems. And I believe FTDNA does not test anything beyond R1b1c8 yet (the "S" tests).

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dan Draghici
                      So it's pretty much the M37 and P66 that are causing problems. And I believe FTDNA does not test anything beyond R1b1c8 yet (the "S" tests).
                      Yeah, I got my Batch 155 Deep SNP-R1b results yesterday, minus M37 and P66. I'm R1b1c but negative for everything beyond that thus far.

                      I will stick with FTDNA and hope they test for those downstream SNPs soon.

                      I think they will.

                      You live in an extremely lovely part of the world, Dan.

                      Happy Canada Day!

                      Comment


                      • Thanks!

                        Originally posted by Stevo
                        Yeah, I got my Batch 155 Deep SNP-R1b results yesterday, minus M37 and P66. I'm R1b1c but negative for everything beyond that thus far.

                        I will stick with FTDNA and hope they test for those downstream SNPs soon.

                        I think they will.

                        You live in an extremely lovely part of the world, Dan.

                        Happy Canada Day!
                        Thanks, Stevo! Yes, it's a nice part of the world. Where are you?...

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Dan Draghici
                          Thanks, Stevo! Yes, it's a nice part of the world. Where are you?...
                          You're welcome!

                          I'm down near Fredericksburg, Virginia, which isn't so bad either.

                          Comment


                          • is anyone on right now? I need a 2nd opinion on a nonsurname 'match'

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by melissa
                              is anyone on right now? I need a 2nd opinion on a nonsurname 'match'

                              post your questions in genealogy and dna and the rest of the people will read your post

                              Comment


                              • Sorry, Jim, you're right. At the moment it looked like the quickest way to get an answer. I looked at several boards to see if it looked like someone was on, and I needed the answer in minutes as I was being pressured for an answer. I did get an answer from my post here. I had also posted on the Gen DNA list and no one responded, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered the forums here.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X