• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe 2 more days?

Comment

*hiccup*

Maybe 2 more days?

Comment

They very well might be holding out until the first tests are ready to be displayed, but I expect the group pages and SETUP INFORMATION page to make mention of Y67 before they're prepared to release the results.

Then again, FTDNA very well might just be holding out until the data arrives so they can throw a one-two punch at us and knock our socks off? Here's hoping!

Also noted, I saw on another list that they're expecting the results back this week. Considering how few matches most will probably have at Y67, I'm willing to wait. Patience is a virtue, but boy is it hard when you're waiting for something exciting like this!

Comment

The email I received May 19th said...

We are excited to announce that the lab was able to add an additional
          panel of markers and will be reporting to you a total of 66 markers!...
          The samples are in the final steps of testing, the authentication process,
          and we expect you will have them in about two weeks.
          Anyone (Jim excluded) have a definition of about 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by rod
            The email I received May 19th said...

Anyone (Jim excluded) have a definition of about 2 weeks?

does that include or exclude holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
              does that include or exclude holidays?

you know business days

Comment

It was also mentioned on a certain list that they, meaning FTDNA, were waiting for Dr. Walsh to return from a speaking engagement. I'm not sure of nor do I care to know all the particulars, I just wish 'they' would all get their buns back to the office and kindly tell me, number by number, how close my dad is to his 1/2 third cousin, once removed, in those 38 to 67 new markers. Then I can procede to convince someone else who is a 37/37 match with that cousin (but no paper trail to connect to Dad or Cousin and whose line was several states away but just as early.. mid/late 1700s), to also test.

I'm sitting here waiting.

Comment

Ohhhh, forgot to mention, my dad is 36/37 to his 1/2 third cousin, once removed.

Comment

THEY ARE HERE!!!! Wahoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Comment

Is it a real Poldergist???

Comment

I love that movie. So, I have no one to compare my dad's extended markers with... ho hum... nope, not yet... Well, I have one that should be in, target date is July earlysomething, I forget the batch number. I could use a few more after that but I have to prepare myself better. Even with 37/37 matches, and non-matches with 'anothergroupinourprojectwithdifferenthaplogroupev en, I still have to yell at people that we are NOT related to 'anothergroup...'. I get so tired

Comment

I think really we are part of some biological mental endurance experiment.

(Those guys at FTDNA must be rollin' their eyes.)

Comment

Late results from this batch

I don't know how many are in my position, but I did notice that someone posted Friday on the Genealogy-DNA list that he has received his results for the upgrade to 67 markers. What was strange is that his order was in batch 146.

I ordered the upgrade from 37 to 67 markers and my order was in batch 145, but I had not received any results as of Friday. So I sent an e-mail to Eileen Krause at FTDNA Customer Service, asking if there was a problem with testing my sample for the marker upgrade.

Here is her reply:

"Hello Mike,

"The 67 marker upgrade is performed in three panels, two of which gave clear results with the first attempt. The third either failed completely or had a
                            marker which failed or gave a strange result for your sample, so that panel is in rerun. I've attached your results which include the partial results for the 67
                            marker upgrade.

"E-mail any time,
                            Eileen Krause
                            Anthrogenealogy Response Center
                            Family Tree DNA"

So, if you are in batch 145 and haven't seen any results yet for your marker upgrade, there's a good chance you're in the same position as me. I wonder how many other people are in this position.

If you want to write Eileen and ask about your upgrade, her address is [email protected]. In my experience, she and others at FTDNA have been very helpful and prompt whenever a problem is brought to their attention.

Mike Maddi

Comment

Working...
                            X