Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 127 created

Batch 127 created

I am happy to inform that as of today, 90% of the results from batch 127 have been posted in 3.3 weeks
    Max Blankfeld
    Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
    A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

Is there differences in testing times for new kits, refinement orders and for customers that aldready testet Y-DNA and now order mtDNA test?

Originally posted by admin
      I am happy to inform that as of today, 90% of the results from batch 127 have been posted in 3.3 weeks

Comment

70% of the refinements were also posted. We will have the remaining posted this week (excluding those that will need to re-run)
        Max Blankfeld
        Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
        A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

Do you only post on Wednesday and Sundays?

70% of the refinements were also posted. We will have the remaining posted this week (excluding those that will need to re-run)

Comment

Batch 127

I have two different males' refinements in this batch. If 70% were posted by 12/12/05 does that mean that my two are being re-run?

Comment

one of my members wrote bennett about her results
              Kit Received 11/08/2005

Batch 126 created 11/09/2005

DNA Isolation began 11/12/2005

DNA at Sequencing facility 11/25/2005

Quality Control began 11/29/2005

*Target Results Date 12/23/2005

this was his answer so i would expect a flurry of results later this week and early next week

I don’t think so. The sample didn’t get cleared before the lab stopped fro Christmas vacation. I expect that we’ll see it end of this week or early part of next week.
              Best Regards
              Bennett Greenspan

Comment

Batch 127 problems

I asked on 12/30/05 the following question in response to a posting by admin.

Originally Posted by admin

MY QUESTION - I have two different males' refinements in this batch. If 70% were posted by 12/12/05 does that mean that my two are being re-run?

As I didn't get any answer that was meaningful I wrote directly.

Here is what I emailed -

Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 6:57 PM
                To: [email protected]
                Subject: mTDna tests

Hello Eileen,

I wonder if you can tell me what is happening with the two refinement tests I ordered for Kit N1908 and Kit N13810?

They were ordered the first week of Dec 2005. We are told on the individual web pages at FTDNA that they are part of Batch 127 listed mtDNA(HVR1) with an expected date result date of 01/02/2006.

Well, here it is 01/06/06 and no results. Is there a problem with the test?

Thanks,

Jill

Well, here is the answer boys.

Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 8:50 AM
                To: 'Jill McLeester'
                Subject: RE: mTDna tests

Hello Jill,

We experienced a delay with that particular batch of tests, but the testing is now on track at the lab. We're expecting the results in the next 1-2 weeks. Sorry about the inconvenience!

E-mail any time,
                Eileen Krause
                Anthrogenealogy Response Center
                Family Tree DNA
                http://www.familytreedna.com
                713-868-1438

Comment

Jill i know how this sounds sit down have a cup of something and relax .
                  really it will be here soon and you'll be off flying remember they are doing 5000+ a month

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Denning
                    Jill i know how this sounds sit down have a cup of something and relax .
                    really it will be here soon and you'll be off flying remember they are doing 5000+ a month
                    It sounds like they didn't do any MTDNA in December, or they abandoned them mid-test and are having to start them all over. Let's hope they get caught up with the tests scheduled to be completed in December before spring break. They should at least give HONEST estimates. At this point I couldn't recommend ftdna to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by rod
                      It sounds like they didn't do any MTDNA in December, or they abandoned them mid-test and are having to start them all over. Let's hope they get caught up with the tests scheduled to be completed in December before spring break. They should at least give HONEST estimates. At this point I couldn't recommend ftdna to anyone.

the vast majority are done some have troubles. each troubled test will be done at a different time. they will be released as soon as possible.i am sure
                      with 5000 tests per batch dont you think alot more people would be here .

Comment

Well, Jim, Rod may have something. If as you say they do 5000+ tests per batch, how much are they they are taking in? A bunch!!! So why are they not employing more people to run the tests and buying more equipment . And if they are underemploying how accurate are the results? And these folks at FTDNA have my DNA for 25 years?
                        Last edited by pumpkindna; 12 January 2006, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpkindna
                          Well, Jim, Rod may have something. If as you say they do 5000+ tests per batch, how much are they they are taking in? A bunch!!! So why are they not employing more people to run the tests and buying more equipment . And if they are underemploying how accurate are the results? And these folks at FTDNA have my DNA for 25 years?
                          the job is mostly robotic now so its not underemployed.

what it is is if they have to restart some tests some take longer then others.
                          so when tests get done they will be released . they cant reschedule the batch since most of the batch is done and a 1-12ydna when restarted will take less time then my e3b snp test.
                          so all of a sudden you'll get the results. should the 1-12ydna have to wait for my e3b snp test .of course not.

some tests are 6 step tests

Comment

Okay, Jim. So everyone waits, some longer than others. Strangely we got the results on my two male mTdna tests back last night, only two days after my complaining. But, now there is another great mystery to unravel. I'll post this question here and on another more appropriate board.
                            My husband's mTdna and my mTdna results are an EXACT. But, BUT, I am assigned haplogroup H and he is assigned haplogroup V!!!! What the heck? How can that be? Are the robots taking over the world? Gonna go get my father's mTdna test results and compare to ours.
                            Jill pumpkin44 at centurytel.net

Comment

As a followup I am replying to my own post with the following. This probably explains why the results were delayed as additional tests seem to be the norm.

I wrote to Bennett Greenspan about this problem and he replied, in part, this way.

"I'm sorry but n the mtDNA side it can be somewhat confusing. The typical way that has been used t classify people was to look at their HVR-1 region and assign them to a haplogroup form that data alone, however the real
                              scientific way to do so is to run what is called a SNP test, which we do will all samples for our clients and the clients of NGS. In that way we have found that about 5-7% of people with no mutations (and therefore presumable Haplogroup H), are in fact found to have the SNP diagnostic for R, HV, V or U...makes it in effect a requirement to run these coding region SNP's...so when we tell you that you are, say H, versus someone who appears
                              close on the HVR-1 region and if they are V then certainly you might have almost no difference shown in HVR-1 but you definitely have difference in the coding region of the mtDNA molecule that is 16,659 base pairs long."

So, obviously, our total results were not EXACT. It is just the results from the one test we paid for and that were displayed for us, that were exact matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X