Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batch 534

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Batch 534

    I have a Family Finder test in this batch. Expected date: 05/11/2013.

  • #2
    Interesting. I have two family finders and MFS in this batch with the due date November 14 for all of them.

    I thought these would be in batch 533. Did the batch calendar form skip 533?

    Comment


    • #3
      I have a Y-67 to Y-111 in this batch. It's not currently useful here on FTDNA because my closest matches are only Y-37. However, it is useful on Ancestry.com, where you can manually enter your Y or mt info. The Ancestry Y test (either 33 or 46 markers) uses some different markers than FTDNA; the Y-67 will cover most of them, but the Y-111 will get about 10 more. I'm trying to track down who my father's father is, so I want to cover all my Y-DNA bases.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Taed View Post
        I have a Y-67 to Y-111 in this batch. It's not currently useful here on FTDNA because my closest matches are only Y-37. However, it is useful on Ancestry.com, where you can manually enter your Y or mt info. The Ancestry Y test (either 33 or 46 markers) uses some different markers than FTDNA; the Y-67 will cover most of them, but the Y-111 will get about 10 more. I'm trying to track down who my father's father is, so I want to cover all my Y-DNA bases.
        Where do you enter your Y-DNA on ancestry.com? I looked a few weeks ago to do so and couldn't find a way to do that. I am a paying member on ancestry too.
        Hoppy

        Comment


        • #5
          Ancestry is flaky right now, so I can't give you the exact steps. Basically, log in, and at the top, use the DNA menu. In one of the choices (DNA Results?), there is a link to manually enter the Y and mt information. About an hour or so after doing that, my matches were available.

          I highly suggest triple-checking what you enter. I had found that I made 2 or 3 input errors when I did it. Furthermore, I found my closest match on FTDNA on Ancestry, and was surprised that the match was so close on FTDNA but distant on Ancestry -- it turned out that they also had made 3 input errors.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Taed View Post
            Ancestry is flaky right now, so I can't give you the exact steps. Basically, log in, and at the top, use the DNA menu. In one of the choices (DNA Results?), there is a link to manually enter the Y and mt information. About an hour or so after doing that, my matches were available.

            I highly suggest triple-checking what you enter. I had found that I made 2 or 3 input errors when I did it. Furthermore, I found my closest match on FTDNA on Ancestry, and was surprised that the match was so close on FTDNA but distant on Ancestry -- it turned out that they also had made 3 input errors.
            Thanks Taed for the ancesrty.com information. Are you saying that FTDNA made three input errors in your Y-DNA findings? If so, how where you able to determine that fact? Both times I have downloaded my y-dna12 and y-dna37 from FTDNA to YSearch, a value (15) for DYS 19b shows up on ysearch while DYS19b shows a Null result on FTDNA. This makes me feel uneasy as with all the testing FTDNA does I am sure some input mistakes are bound to happen.
            Thanks again for your help,
            Hoppy

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by I'm Hoppy View Post
              Thanks Taed for the ancesrty.com information. Are you saying that FTDNA made three input errors in your Y-DNA findings? If so, how where you able to determine that fact? Both times I have downloaded my y-dna12 and y-dna37 from FTDNA to YSearch, a value (15) for DYS 19b shows up on ysearch while DYS19b shows a Null result on FTDNA. This makes me feel uneasy as with all the testing FTDNA does I am sure some input mistakes are bound to happen.
              Thanks again for your help,
              Hoppy
              When I entered my Y-DNA results at Ancestry.com, I entered it manually -- it is not like YSearch where the values are prepopulated by FTDNA. I'm saying that I selected the wrong number on Ancestry.com, namely when I did the input, I made an error. I caught the error when double-checking that I entered it correctly.

              DYS-19b should be entered as "-" in your case, if that's not what you're doing.

              Comment


              • #8
                One of my friend`s population finder in yesterday. But mine not yet.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have my dad's Y-12 and mtdna test in this batch.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm in this batch, these are my expected times


                    Y-DNA1-12 Markers 534 11/2/2013
                    Y-DNA13-25 Markers 534 11/16/2013
                    Y-DNA26-37 Markers 534 11/16/2013

                    Those dates come out on a Saturday so that seems a little weird to me...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My 1-12 markers came in early.
                      I am very impressed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Congrats! I hope mine come in soon.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks Nishakey29!
                          I'm still waiting on my 13-37 markers from this batch.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            My dad's 1-12 markers came in today. I am still waiting for his Mtdna results.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I received all but one of the 67-to-111 Y-DNA panels. But that was enough to enter the rest of the markers that Ancestry.com uses, and I found an exact match at 43 markers there.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X