Batch 534

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 534

I have a Family Finder test in this batch. Expected date: 05/11/2013.

Interesting. I have two family finders and MFS in this batch with the due date November 14 for all of them.

I thought these would be in batch 533. Did the batch calendar form skip 533?

Comment

I have a Y-67 to Y-111 in this batch. It's not currently useful here on FTDNA because my closest matches are only Y-37. However, it is useful on Ancestry.com, where you can manually enter your Y or mt info. The Ancestry Y test (either 33 or 46 markers) uses some different markers than FTDNA; the Y-67 will cover most of them, but the Y-111 will get about 10 more. I'm trying to track down who my father's father is, so I want to cover all my Y-DNA bases.

Comment

Originally posted by Taed View Post
        I have a Y-67 to Y-111 in this batch. It's not currently useful here on FTDNA because my closest matches are only Y-37. However, it is useful on Ancestry.com, where you can manually enter your Y or mt info. The Ancestry Y test (either 33 or 46 markers) uses some different markers than FTDNA; the Y-67 will cover most of them, but the Y-111 will get about 10 more. I'm trying to track down who my father's father is, so I want to cover all my Y-DNA bases.
        Where do you enter your Y-DNA on ancestry.com? I looked a few weeks ago to do so and couldn't find a way to do that. I am a paying member on ancestry too.
        Hoppy

Comment

Ancestry is flaky right now, so I can't give you the exact steps. Basically, log in, and at the top, use the DNA menu. In one of the choices (DNA Results?), there is a link to manually enter the Y and mt information. About an hour or so after doing that, my matches were available.

I highly suggest triple-checking what you enter. I had found that I made 2 or 3 input errors when I did it. Furthermore, I found my closest match on FTDNA on Ancestry, and was surprised that the match was so close on FTDNA but distant on Ancestry -- it turned out that they also had made 3 input errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Taed View Post
            Ancestry is flaky right now, so I can't give you the exact steps. Basically, log in, and at the top, use the DNA menu. In one of the choices (DNA Results?), there is a link to manually enter the Y and mt information. About an hour or so after doing that, my matches were available.

I highly suggest triple-checking what you enter. I had found that I made 2 or 3 input errors when I did it. Furthermore, I found my closest match on FTDNA on Ancestry, and was surprised that the match was so close on FTDNA but distant on Ancestry -- it turned out that they also had made 3 input errors.
            Thanks Taed for the ancesrty.com information. Are you saying that FTDNA made three input errors in your Y-DNA findings? If so, how where you able to determine that fact? Both times I have downloaded my y-dna12 and y-dna37 from FTDNA to YSearch, a value (15) for DYS 19b shows up on ysearch while DYS19b shows a Null result on FTDNA. This makes me feel uneasy as with all the testing FTDNA does I am sure some input mistakes are bound to happen.
            Thanks again for your help,
            Hoppy

Comment

Originally posted by I'm Hoppy View Post
              Thanks Taed for the ancesrty.com information. Are you saying that FTDNA made three input errors in your Y-DNA findings? If so, how where you able to determine that fact? Both times I have downloaded my y-dna12 and y-dna37 from FTDNA to YSearch, a value (15) for DYS 19b shows up on ysearch while DYS19b shows a Null result on FTDNA. This makes me feel uneasy as with all the testing FTDNA does I am sure some input mistakes are bound to happen.
              Thanks again for your help,
              Hoppy
              When I entered my Y-DNA results at Ancestry.com, I entered it manually -- it is not like YSearch where the values are prepopulated by FTDNA. I'm saying that I selected the wrong number on Ancestry.com, namely when I did the input, I made an error. I caught the error when double-checking that I entered it correctly.

DYS-19b should be entered as "-" in your case, if that's not what you're doing.

Comment

One of my friend`s population finder in yesterday. But mine not yet.

Comment

I have my dad's Y-12 and mtdna test in this batch.

Comment

I'm in this batch, these are my expected times

Y-DNA1-12 Markers 534 11/2/2013
                    Y-DNA13-25 Markers 534 11/16/2013
                    Y-DNA26-37 Markers 534 11/16/2013

Those dates come out on a Saturday so that seems a little weird to me...

Comment

My 1-12 markers came in early.
                      I am very impressed.

Comment

Congrats! I hope mine come in soon.

Comment

Thanks Nishakey29!
                          I'm still waiting on my 13-37 markers from this batch.

Comment

My dad's 1-12 markers came in today. I am still waiting for his Mtdna results.

Comment

I received all but one of the 67-to-111 Y-DNA panels. But that was enough to enter the rest of the markers that Ancestry.com uses, and I found an exact match at 43 markers there.

Comment

Working...
                              X