Batch 530

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 530

Well since there's no thread yet I'll start it.

I have a U106 and a U198 SNP due 10/7

My double cousin's FF is in this batch with a due date of Oct. 16.

Comment

I have a Z140 SNP test for my father in law in this batch.

Earl.

Comment

Family Finder

My aunts Family Finder is in this batch.

Batched 8/21/2013

Expected 10/16/2013

Comment

I have a ff in this batch. Expected due date 10/16/13 for me. I'm just curious as to why batch 531 mtdna results are coming in before we get our results for batch 530? Id have thought pf would be in by now for batch 530 if nothing else..

Comment

My FamilyFinder is in this batch.

Batched: 8/21/2013
            In Progress: 8/23/2013
            Expected: 10/16/2013

I'm hoping Population Finder comes in today or soon.

Comment

I have a FamilyFinder due on 10/7/2013, nothing yet.

But, they only received my kit 6 days ago because shipping took a while. I wonder what the minimum time is from when they receive the kit to results?

Comment

My father's Y-12 in this batch was due October 4 but came in today.

Comment

My cousin's PF page has changed a bit. There is now a blank box for a chart showing above the map.

Comment

My Population Finder just came in!

Comment

I have my population finder in last night. Thank you!

Now I'm just trying to make sense of it. It wasn't what I was expecting.

I am 90.93% French, Orcadian, and Spanish
                      and 9.07% Tuscan and Finnish.

I'm trying to figure out what line these were coming from as I got the family finder test.

I'm not sure where the french and spanish comes from unless it's from way back since according to my research the only names that sound french or spanish in my tree are Ezell and Lamotte back to the 7th or 8th generation if I'm researching the right ancestors. I've always assumed I was either Irish or Scots due to the Dunn last name. and Know for sure I'm part German since my grandmother came from Germany and since starting my ancestry research have come across other German ancestors on both sides of my family.
                      How do you find out if you have Native American blood as there's been some rumors about that in the family, but don't see any evidence in the DNA.

Thanks for patiently answering this newbie's questions.

Comment

Congrats Kelad9. As for the Spanish and French, you can't take the population labels that literally; they represent Western European ancestry but don't necessarily indicate any recent Spanish or French ancestry. The French could be an indication of your German ancestry though since those groups are pretty closely related.

As you say, your results don't indicate any Native American ancestry, but later you can try uploading your data to Gedmatch to do a more in-depth analysis with the calculators there.

Comment

My cousin doesn't actually have any results yet. The box for the chart has appeared above the map, but it's blank.

Comment

Originally posted by Stezinec View Post
                            Congrats Kelad9. As for the Spanish and French, you can't take the population labels that literally; they represent Western European ancestry but don't necessarily indicate any recent Spanish or French ancestry. The French could be an indication of your German ancestry though since those groups are pretty closely related.

As you say, your results don't indicate any Native American ancestry, but later you can try uploading your data to Gedmatch to do a more in-depth analysis with the calculators there.
                            Thanks for the explanation. would my Scots/Irish ancestry be under orcadian? I'm assuming it would be. I'm trying to figure out if my grandmother's Neppl family might account for the Tuscan. But I don't want to make any assumptions yet since it's a family finder test and I think that test goes through both sides maternal and paternal correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelad9 View Post
                              Thanks for the explanation. would my Scots/Irish ancestry be under orcadian? I'm assuming it would be. I'm trying to figure out if my grandmother's Neppl family might account for the Tuscan. But I don't want to make any assumptions yet since it's a family finder test and I think that test goes through both sides maternal and paternal correct?
                              Yep, Orcadian seems to be FTDNA's generic British group. Family finder is for both sides yes. The Italian ancestry could be from either your maternal or paternal line.

Comment

Working...
                              X