Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stezinec
    replied
    I sent a message to the Help Desk and yesterday they replied that my sample had passed quality control and that the results would be uploaded within 10 to 14 days (October 11 - 15 at the latest I suppose). That's a bit past the original date (Oct. 7), but understandable since my sample was late getting there.

Leave a comment:

• Stezinec
    replied
    Man, you guys sent those kits back fast, to have them received around when they were batched. They got mine about 3 weeks after batching, but it was sent from the UK. I guess that is what is causing the delay with my results, and hopefully not a problem with the sample :/

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    They received my cousin's kit Aug 15 and batched it Aug 21 I hope I get her results soon. I'm working on a possible brick wall solution and I'm very impatient to see if she has any matches that support it!

Leave a comment:

• Kelad9
    replied
    Originally posted by Stezinec View Post
    Do you remember what day they received your kit Kelad? You should have got an email when that happened. I'm trying to gauge when my results may come in.
    I think they received it on the 22nd. Found lots of distant cousins that ill need to figure out how we are related. Only had 1 close relative- great great aunt as I knew I would match up to her/her male relative hoping to get some close matches as time goes by

Leave a comment:

• Stezinec
    replied
    Do you remember what day they received your kit Kelad? You should have got an email when that happened. I'm trying to gauge when my results may come in.

Leave a comment:

• Kelad9
    replied
    Originally posted by JDP1144 View Post
    Surprised that they weren't delayed. I was expecting a delay since seeing all the other reported delays.
    Me too. Which is why I'm happy we got this batch in early.

Leave a comment:

• JDP1144
    replied
    Matches are in for my daughter-in-law today.

Surprised that they weren't delayed. I was expecting a delay since seeing all the other reported delays.

Leave a comment:

• Kelad9
    replied
    i got in my Family Finder results today! Wow that was fast! Since I'm new at this, where do I go to view matches and the data results?

I only had one match in the new matches database and it was with my great-great aunt who had her relative tested with the Y-DNA. The suggested match sounds about right from what I know of our family tree.

Leave a comment:

• Kelad9
    replied
    Yep, Orcadian seems to be FTDNA's generic British group. Family finder is for both sides yes. The Italian ancestry could be from either your maternal or paternal line.
    Thanks! Should be interesting to see what the final results will be and who I match up with here on FTDNA.

Leave a comment:

• Stezinec
    replied
    Originally posted by Kelad9 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. would my Scots/Irish ancestry be under orcadian? I'm assuming it would be. I'm trying to figure out if my grandmother's Neppl family might account for the Tuscan. But I don't want to make any assumptions yet since it's a family finder test and I think that test goes through both sides maternal and paternal correct?
    Yep, Orcadian seems to be FTDNA's generic British group. Family finder is for both sides yes. The Italian ancestry could be from either your maternal or paternal line.

Leave a comment:

• Kelad9
    replied
    Congrats Kelad9. As for the Spanish and French, you can't take the population labels that literally; they represent Western European ancestry but don't necessarily indicate any recent Spanish or French ancestry. The French could be an indication of your German ancestry though since those groups are pretty closely related.

As you say, your results don't indicate any Native American ancestry, but later you can try uploading your data to Gedmatch to do a more in-depth analysis with the calculators there.
    Thanks for the explanation. would my Scots/Irish ancestry be under orcadian? I'm assuming it would be. I'm trying to figure out if my grandmother's Neppl family might account for the Tuscan. But I don't want to make any assumptions yet since it's a family finder test and I think that test goes through both sides maternal and paternal correct?

Leave a comment:

• MoberlyDrake
    replied
    My cousin doesn't actually have any results yet. The box for the chart has appeared above the map, but it's blank.

Leave a comment:

• Stezinec
    replied
    Congrats Kelad9. As for the Spanish and French, you can't take the population labels that literally; they represent Western European ancestry but don't necessarily indicate any recent Spanish or French ancestry. The French could be an indication of your German ancestry though since those groups are pretty closely related.

As you say, your results don't indicate any Native American ancestry, but later you can try uploading your data to Gedmatch to do a more in-depth analysis with the calculators there.

Leave a comment:

• Kelad9
    replied
    I have my population finder in last night. Thank you!

Now I'm just trying to make sense of it. It wasn't what I was expecting.

I am 90.93% French, Orcadian, and Spanish
    and 9.07% Tuscan and Finnish.

I'm trying to figure out what line these were coming from as I got the family finder test.

I'm not sure where the french and spanish comes from unless it's from way back since according to my research the only names that sound french or spanish in my tree are Ezell and Lamotte back to the 7th or 8th generation if I'm researching the right ancestors. I've always assumed I was either Irish or Scots due to the Dunn last name. and Know for sure I'm part German since my grandmother came from Germany and since starting my ancestry research have come across other German ancestors on both sides of my family.
    How do you find out if you have Native American blood as there's been some rumors about that in the family, but don't see any evidence in the DNA.

Thanks for patiently answering this newbie's questions.

Leave a comment:

• Septem27
    replied
    My Population Finder just came in!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X