Batch 2? Transfer of Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch 2-August

I have to laugh, I actually transferred dna results so I didn't have to wait till August for Gedmatch. Looks like I'll be busy in August.

Comment

I submitted my parents' 23andMe transfers on 8 June and started getting results today (a match to myself, their son), less than 3 weeks later. I assume that the rest of the results will be forthcoming soon.

Comment

Mine was ordered 6/8 and it looks like it just completed.

Comment

Exciting news! Going to check mine now...here's hoping...

Comment

Holy cow; I have 11 pages' worth of matches! None closer than 4th cousin, but I can definitely work with this.

Wow, very glad I did this now. And for $49, too. Nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthropod View Post
              Holy cow; I have 11 pages' worth of matches! None closer than 4th cousin, but I can definitely work with this.

Wow, very glad I did this now. And for $49, too. Nice...

Awesome! I have 31 pages... where to begin... LOL

Comment

My Autosomal DNA Transfer v3 came in today.

Comment

Originally posted by mebrowndfw View Post
                  Awesome! I have 31 pages... where to begin... LOL
                  Wheeeee!

Comment

I'm finding this first batch of results kind of baffling.

There seem to be almost no common surnames in any of them even though I have 11 pages' worth of matches and I've listed almost four dozen surnames, including some that go back to colonial times.

Between this and the strange (though I realize it's in beta) analysis of my ethnicity that indicates 5-9% Middle Eastern ancestry even though there's absolutely no evidence of that in my research and no hint of it in 23andMe's or even AncestryDNA's analyses, I'm starting to wonder if I got my results or someone else's!

Ideally I'll find a clear cousin soon that will put these fears to rest...

Comment

52 pages of matches, so approximately 520 matches so far. Of those nearly 40 are suggested 3rd cousin matches and another 90 are suggested 4th cousin matches, with the rest being "distant cousins". I think that out of 500+ matches I should be able to find a relative or two.

Comment

Mine came in today as well - never did get an 'expected due date' either.

Comment

Mine came in today as well--12 pages of matches, 5 pages in common with my mother.

For the most part I can make a good guess where I can assign the paternal group, barring a few matches who have BOTH Scandinavian and German/Polish. However, there are a few oddball matches that seem like they should be shared with my mother, like a Scottish woman whose tree is all Scottish apart from a 16th-century Shetlander with a Scandinavian name. My mother is 1/4 Scottish, my father not at all to our knowledge (his grandparents were from Norway and Germany).

Comment

Just transferred another match from 23andMe within the last hour or so. Page said 1-2 weeks. See paragraph below for my past experience this month.

The 3 accts I transferred in past few weeks were set up on diff days 11 Jun - 16 Jun. The results for all of these 3 showed up in my matches on the same day - 26 Jun.

Comment

I transfered my 23andme results. The date says 28/08/2013. Does it realy take that long?
                              it said 1-2 weeks when i transfered the data

Comment

Originally posted by Oshri View Post
                                I transfered my 23andme results. The date says 28/08/2013. Does it realy take that long?
                                it said 1-2 weeks when i transfered the data

It doesn't take that long. Mine took about 2 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X