Batch 2? Transfer of Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch 2? Transfer of Results

I transferred my data to FTDNA through the 3rd party transfer process. It says that I am Batch 2. What does this mean?

Originally posted by grayfortress18 View Post
    I transferred my data to FTDNA through the 3rd party transfer process. It says that I am Batch 2. What does this mean?
    I have Autosomal DNA Transfer v3 23Chip in this Batch 2 also pending with no Expected Date.

AncestryDNA
    British Isles 59%, Central European 21%, Eastern European 18%, Uncertain 2%

23andme
    Y-DNA= R1b1b2a1a
    mtDNA= H4a1

Comment

Mine is in this batch too - no expected date.
      Last edited by wallabyw; 16th June 2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Orders placed at FTDNA get batched up for the lab on a weekly basis and get assigned a batch number.

However, no lab testing is done for autosomal transfers. Your original company did the lab testing, and FTDNA will be re-processing those results from the raw data file that you uploaded.

FTDNA's system still expects a batch number for every order, so all autosomal transfers are placed into Batch 2 rather than the current weekly batch number.

Elise

Comment

I just added a Autosomal transfer to FTDNA and I was also placed in batch 2 with no expected result date

Comment

I transferred my 23andMe data on 6/7 and emailed FTDNA a couple days later to ask about an ETA on results, and here's their response:

Thank you for your email. It has been taking about four to six weeks to get all of the raw data uploaded and then to clear the quality control measures and finally run and compare against the database and upload results. You will receive an email notification when all of the results are uploaded. The lab and IT department have been working on stream lining this process, so it may be quicker than that.

Comment

I transferred my data here a few months back. Ended up taking about 1-2 weeks, but I remember the original "expected" date was less optimistic at ~2 months. This was when they didn't have to deal with an influx of AncestryDNA data.

Comment

As of this morning, the previously blank "expected" date for my results is 8/28/13, hardly the 4–6 weeks they quoted me in that email just a few days ago...but about what I expected given what I've been reading here for the past several months.

Here's hoping they make that goal...

Comment

I have a transfer in this batch as well with no expected due date. I purchased the transfer on 6/14/2013.

Comment

Just got a expected date of 8/28/2013 for Autosomal DNA Transfer that was transfered on 6/7/2013.
                    Wow! So its going to take two times longer than what 23andme did to run the test?

AncestryDNA

23andme
                    Y-DNA= R1b1b2a1a
                    mtDNA= H4a1

FTDNA
                    Y-DNA12= R1b1a2
                    Predicted Haplogroup: R-M269
                    mtDNA= H

DOUG MCDONALD
                    100% Western Europe
                    English 56% Germany 44%

Gedmatch
                    M890531
                    A950816

Comment

Originally posted by rewm60 View Post
                      Wow! So its going to take two times longer than what 23andme did to run the test?
                      It's your punishment for not buying the overpriced Family Finder test for $169 in the first place. (vs. $99 for 23andme or ancestryDNA)

Normally, FTDNA charges $99 to transfer the data. ( i.e. the same price as the full 23andme test.)

BTW, some people waited over 6 months to get their 23andme raw data transferred to FTDNA when it was first offered.

Comment

Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post
                        It's your punishment for not buying the overpriced Family Finder test for $169 in the first place. (vs. $99 for 23andme or ancestryDNA)

Normally, FTDNA charges $99 to transfer the data. ( i.e. the same price as the full 23andme test.)

BTW, some people waited over 6 months to get their 23andme raw data transferred to FTDNA when it was first offered.
                        That must be it. 12 weeks seems a bit long for something that there not even sending to a lab.

AncestryDNA

23andme
                        Y-DNA= R1b1b2a1a
                        mtDNA= H4a1

FTDNA
                        Y-DNA12= R1b1a2
                        Predicted Haplogroup: R-M269
                        mtDNA= H

DOUG MCDONALD
                        100% Western Europe
                        English 56% Germany 44%

Gedmatch
                        M890531
                        A950816

Comment

Originally posted by ajmr1a1 View Post

CORRECTION: The overpriced FTDNA Family Finder test is $199!

Comment

08/28/2013

Today, I also got the expected date of 08/28/2013, for my relatives 23andMe autosomal transfer to FTDNA.

Best Regards, Doug

Comment

Batch 2

I'm also in batch 2 and just noticed today that my expected results date is 8/28. Not quite as soon as I'd hoped but . . . oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X