X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rod
    replied
    Originally posted by rod View Post
    Batch 514 joins batch 511's ySTR upgrade failures.

514 7/8/2013 This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.

What will be 7/8/2013's new date?
    Everything I have in batch 514 is now August 5 - "failed" "Comprehensive Genome" have now joined the "failed" ySTR upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• mebrowndfw
    replied
    I called this morning to have two kits reshipped as they were not received and was advised they are behind on email. Hopefully they'll get to it soon.

Leave a comment:

• Sarmat
    replied
    I've found that they usually don't respond to emails or to the help form on their website until AFTER they have resolved your issue, then they just write to notify you that the issue is resolved.

The best way to get results is frequent phone calls, but that could be cost prohibitive if calling from the UK.

Leave a comment:

• rod
    replied
    Batch 514 joins batch 511's ySTR upgrade failures.

514 7/8/2013 This test failed to yield results for your sample. Your sample is being rerun now. Results from this round of testing are expected by this date.

What will be 7/8/2013's new date?

Leave a comment:

• mebrowndfw
    replied
    Glad you got a response!

Leave a comment:

• bob armstrong
    replied
    In fairness, I should say that a few moments after my last posting I was contacted by someone at FTDNA. They explained that they had received none of my messages , sent via different routes. One was sent via their own feedback system, so that is a little worrying!
    I'm told they are currently re-running my sample for a third time, with the result expected in 7-10 days. If no result occurs, I'm told a 'no result' will be declared.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• bob armstrong
    replied
    Thanks Michael,
    I believe it's polite to at least respond, even with a platitude, to ward off any grievances.
    It'll be interesting to see if anyone in authority is monitoring this thread. If they are, surely it's essential for them to join the discussion & explain why they treat their customers in this fashion?
    I wonder if they have any idea of how much time people such as myself spend on assisting project members? If so, the very least they could do is respond to our queries.
    Regards,
    Bob
    PS What with the current economical hardships endured by so many, I'd suggest this is precisely the time when companies took extra care of their main contributors!

Leave a comment:

• mebrowndfw
    replied
    I don't think the lack of response is unique to your location. There's no rhyme or reason the the responses I do or do not get. I guess if I REALLY wanted an answer I could drive to houston. That seems excessive, though.

Hope you get a response soon.

Leave a comment:

• bob armstrong
    replied
    Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.
    It's shocking PR by FTDNA not to monitor these forums & step in with some answers. I'm a co-admin for my surname group & have subsidised many tests over the years. Also, I've actively encouraged numerous people to test with the company.
    I spend several hours a week helping people (usually in N. America) with background info regarding British history. I've researched numerous medieval docs over the years & happily forward relevant info to those who ask.
    However, I'm now seriously considering resigning from all this & leaving people to digest the errant nonsense which is to be found on the internet.
    I shudder to think how much time & money I've spent helping people, but always considered it worthwhile to see them making breakthroughs.
    If I haven't heard from someone in authority at FTDNA in the next few days I'll definitely be resigning.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Littlest bit
    replied
    @ bob armstrong:

I had a snp that took more than 4 months once! Batched 12/13/12, due 1/29/13, and finally came in 4/29/13. I kept sending messages to FTDNA, which they eventually answered, but I don't think it sped anything up. Oh, and the original due date never changed for it either. I'm guessing your answer would be the same one they gave me: test failed, has to be rerun though I think it was a backlog issue due to holiday sales and/or upgrade to build 37.

Good luck to you. Just wanted you to know it's not the first time a snp took WAY too long. All my other snps always came in early

Leave a comment:

• bob armstrong
    replied
    Still awaiting L624 SNP from Batch 514. My due date is still showing as 19th June! I've sent a variety of messages to FTDNA to ask what's happening to this test, but not a single response.
    I'm in the UK, so perhaps not a priority for he company? If anyone in America is reading this & has a contact at FTDNA, would you please pass on my appeal for information?
    Many thanks,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• bob armstrong
    replied
    L624 SNP

I'm waiting for an L624 SNP result, which was due on the 19th June. The other SNPs I've previously ordered were generally tested two weeks ahead of schedule. I wonder if they are having problems with SNP tests, or perhaps have a backlog?
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Celtarion
    replied
    Awaiting for the results :/

Wait and see, awaiting for Z2184... :-/

Leave a comment:

• JThom
    replied
    Still awaiting results for L42, due 6/17/13.

Leave a comment:

• Celtarion
    replied
    Didn't get the result of Z2184 yet

Leave a comment:

Working...
X