No announcement yet.

Batch 514

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matches is the just same country ? I have y-dna matches from Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, Russia. Also, I have got 8 y-dna matches totaly. But showing only one match on my matches page. There are 638.103 records on databese and and I haven't got any match. Very bad service.

Originally posted by Mlawton View Post
    Yes, sorry I am wrong. Thanks for the correction.

Azerbaijan, the screenshot of your page does show the new matches icon. Maybe as someone suggested, they haven't finished loading...?? If it is still like that in the morning, you could call customer service and ask. Maybe the new icon automatically appears on the home page whether or not there are matches, I don't know. Hope you DO get some matches from this batch!
    I called customer service but their response is not satisfactory.

Their answer;

"Family Finder results have been uploaded for kit 278749, Azerbaijani. Family Finder uses autosomal DNA to connect you with relatives descended from any of your ancestral lines in approximately the most recent five to six generations. The Population Finder beta tool also provides analysis of your ethnic percentages.

Accessing Your Matches
    You may view your Family Finder matches on our website by following these steps:

Login to your myFTDNA account.
    On the top menu bar, find the Family Finder menu.
    From the Family Finder menu, select Matches.

..."

and continues

Comment

Wait one more day, maybe uploaded results.

Comment

Family finder results and raw data came in yesterday, so all results are now in.

Comment

Originally posted by Azerbaijani View Post
          I called customer service but their response is not satisfactory.

Their answer;

"Family Finder results have been uploaded for kit 278749, Azerbaijani. Family Finder uses autosomal DNA to connect you with relatives descended from any of your ancestral lines in approximately the most recent five to six generations. The Population Finder beta tool also provides analysis of your ethnic percentages.

Accessing Your Matches
          (snip...)
          This is not a response from Customer Service. This is an automated email notifying you that your Family Finder test is complete and results have been posted to your account. Everyone gets these notifications when their results are posted.

Customer Service will respond soon. Due to the volume of emails that they get, it may take a few days to get a response, so please be patient.

Elise

Comment

Received my mtDNAPlus today.

Comment

Didn't get the result of Z2184 yet

Comment

Still awaiting results for L42, due 6/17/13.

Comment

Awaiting for the results :/

Wait and see, awaiting for Z2184... :-/

Comment

L624 SNP

I'm waiting for an L624 SNP result, which was due on the 19th June. The other SNPs I've previously ordered were generally tested two weeks ahead of schedule. I wonder if they are having problems with SNP tests, or perhaps have a backlog?
                    Bob

Comment

Still awaiting L624 SNP from Batch 514. My due date is still showing as 19th June! I've sent a variety of messages to FTDNA to ask what's happening to this test, but not a single response.
                      I'm in the UK, so perhaps not a priority for he company? If anyone in America is reading this & has a contact at FTDNA, would you please pass on my appeal for information?
                      Many thanks,
                      Bob

Comment

@ bob armstrong:

I had a snp that took more than 4 months once! Batched 12/13/12, due 1/29/13, and finally came in 4/29/13. I kept sending messages to FTDNA, which they eventually answered, but I don't think it sped anything up. Oh, and the original due date never changed for it either. I'm guessing your answer would be the same one they gave me: test failed, has to be rerun though I think it was a backlog issue due to holiday sales and/or upgrade to build 37.

Good luck to you. Just wanted you to know it's not the first time a snp took WAY too long. All my other snps always came in early

Comment

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.
                          It's shocking PR by FTDNA not to monitor these forums & step in with some answers. I'm a co-admin for my surname group & have subsidised many tests over the years. Also, I've actively encouraged numerous people to test with the company.
                          I spend several hours a week helping people (usually in N. America) with background info regarding British history. I've researched numerous medieval docs over the years & happily forward relevant info to those who ask.
                          However, I'm now seriously considering resigning from all this & leaving people to digest the errant nonsense which is to be found on the internet.
                          I shudder to think how much time & money I've spent helping people, but always considered it worthwhile to see them making breakthroughs.
                          If I haven't heard from someone in authority at FTDNA in the next few days I'll definitely be resigning.
                          Bob

Comment

I don't think the lack of response is unique to your location. There's no rhyme or reason the the responses I do or do not get. I guess if I REALLY wanted an answer I could drive to houston. That seems excessive, though.

Hope you get a response soon.

Comment

Thanks Michael,
                              I believe it's polite to at least respond, even with a platitude, to ward off any grievances.
                              It'll be interesting to see if anyone in authority is monitoring this thread. If they are, surely it's essential for them to join the discussion & explain why they treat their customers in this fashion?
                              I wonder if they have any idea of how much time people such as myself spend on assisting project members? If so, the very least they could do is respond to our queries.
                              Regards,
                              Bob
                              PS What with the current economical hardships endured by so many, I'd suggest this is precisely the time when companies took extra care of their main contributors!

Comment

In fairness, I should say that a few moments after my last posting I was contacted by someone at FTDNA. They explained that they had received none of my messages , sent via different routes. One was sent via their own feedback system, so that is a little worrying!
                                I'm told they are currently re-running my sample for a third time, with the result expected in 7-10 days. If no result occurs, I'm told a 'no result' will be declared.
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X