Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you serious?

Originally posted by dreimiller View Post
    Wow. I just got my mtDNA FMS results which weren't due until June 6th.
    Are you serious?

You got it all today?

HVR2?
    mtDNA Coding Region?

Comment

Yup, the whole thing - HVR1, HVR2 and Coding Region. I'm haplogroup U5a2b.

Everything that I had read here said that it took a long time for the FMS test, but when they had the sale on FMS last month they said that if you already had a FTDNA account that it might get done quickly.

Comment

:-)

I'm jealous
        I am also in 513

Hope to be in your position quickly!

mtHVR1toMega HVR2 513 09/06/2013
        mtHVR1toMega mtDNA Coding Region 513 09/06/2013

Comment

Waiting time

Each time I have sent in a test kit, I have been very disapointed at the waiting time, this time I sent it from the UK express delivery, and sure enough it was in the States following day, (passed to the international postal service) that was last Tuesday 30th May??!!! Has not reach Houston YET???? Julie Dello.

Comment

Order History

Order History
            Check out there

Received
            Received By Lab

I guess if there is a tracking number

You can know where he is.......

And perhaps following the SALE there are so many kits they did not open them all........

Comment

more Lucky?

Everything that I had read here said that it took a long time for the FMS test, but when they had the sale on FMS last month they said that if you already had a FTDNA account that it might get done quickly.
              Does anyone
              Received results today as our Lucky friend?

Comment

Tracking

Yes I have tracked it, AGAIN, and its still saying as it did on the 30th April, its reached its destination country, (USA) and has been passed to the international delivery service?????? Nothing else for it but to wait patiently. Julie.

Comment

My experience

In this situation we wait

I sent my kit a year ago by regular mail outside the U.S.
                  And took a week to reach from New York Sorting Facility to Texas.

If you use express shipping within 1-3 days
                  Maybe send them a complaint.......?

UK postal rates are very expensive

Comment

Originally posted by dello View Post
                    Each time I have sent in a test kit, I have been very disapointed at the waiting time, this time I sent it from the UK express delivery, and sure enough it was in the States following day, (passed to the international postal service) that was last Tuesday 30th May??!!! Has not reach Houston YET???? Julie Dello.
                    Don't blame FTDNA for delay of delivery.

My usual experience is to have it in the office of FTDNA two days after it has been sent by UPS - UPS SAVER (from Bulgaria to USA). So on the third day it was in the office

Believe me I have sent in total six kits at different times and five more are to be sent.

The surprise was the one before the last - It was (as expected) for 3 days in USA, but it took one week to pass the food and drug check. This is the time I found very useful the ability to track online the package. Thus I knew where it was at any hour of the day!

The last kit was sent on Monday morning - on Wednesday was at FTDNA office; it was batched immediately in batch 512 and the Y-12 DNA was in on 07.May.2013. - several week before the deadline.

Comment

One of the kits I manage is in this batch

FamilyFinder 513 6/9/2013
                      mtFullSequence HVR1 513 6/9/2013
                      mtFullSequence HVR2 513 6/9/2013
                      mtFullSequence mtDNA Coding Region 513 6/9/2013
                      mtFullSequence mtHaplo 513 6/9/2013

No results in yet

Comment

Surprise!

I have not noticed until now that two kits I manage have been batched for FMS in batch 513! Let's see how they come in!!

Comment

Backbone Test Results

I got my backbone test results today. They were predicted for 6/9 along with my FF results. Hopefully my other results come quickly too.

I'm R-M269 so no real surprises there.

Comment

This may be why I got my mtDNA FMS results so quickly. From the press release about the FTDNA DNA Day Sale:

We are proud to announce we have successfully moved our mtDNA Full Sequencing line from Sanger DNA sequencing to what is called Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). This gives us much greater capacity to process tests, to reduce costs without sacrificing quality, and to ensure shorter turnaround times. We must run the entire sequence every time we process an mtDNA full sequence test, even for upgrades. However, in recognition of your prior investment- and National DNA Day – we’re offering our lowest price ever for the FMS and upgrades. Rather than the 8-10 weeks first generation sequencing required, we expect results to be completed within 5-6 weeks. This does depend on the number of orders received though. If their DNA is already at our lab, those who order first may expect even shorter turnaround times.
                            I ordered my test on April 22, it was batched the next day, and it was done 2 weeks and 2 days after I ordered it on May 8.

Comment

still waiting on two FMS upgrades here. After my last wait though, I'll be happy if they come in on 6/9.

Comment

FMS posted today, just waiting for FF.

Comment

Working...
                                X