FMS TEST DELAYED 4 TIMES BATCH 499

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS TEST DELAYED 4 TIMES BATCH 499

Anyone else still waiting on their FMS test to complete? What batch # and how long have you been waiting?

Yep. I feel your pain. I'm in batch 496. FMS test was batched December 28th. Can't remember what the original results date was, but it has been pushed back again and again and is now April 22nd. I e-mailed them about a week ago asking if there was a problem with the test, never heard anything back. So we've been waiting about 3 1/2 months.

Comment

I also feel your pain. My 111 upgrade has failed 4 times in the past 5 months...
      It was ordered 12/11/12 in batch 494.
      The new, new, new, new ,new due date is now April 29th

Comment

Wow. I was in 496 and just got my results last week. I can't believe there are still tests from that batch still out.

I know there were still people from 494 waiting as of last week.

Comment

So I finally heard back. Apparently there were some 'anomalies' in my grandmother's DNA that prevented the test from passing QC. Good to (finally) know? They're sending another kit. So at this rate, we might get results back by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by AlisonT View Post
            So I finally heard back. Apparently there were some 'anomalies' in my grandmother's DNA that prevented the test from passing QC. Good to (finally) know? They're sending another kit. So at this rate, we might get results back by the end of the year.
            "Anomalies" is code for they used your sample to test and calibrate their new FMS sequencing equipment, or they goofed up the test. There are quite a few FMS test still pending from batch 494 to 500 which are all WAY past due. They should at the very least expedite the shipping and then run your new sample asap.

Comment

Batch 494, DF41 ordered 12/10/12 still not in!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ejmac68 View Post
                "Anomalies" is code for they used your sample to test and calibrate their new FMS sequencing equipment, or they goofed up the test. There are quite a few FMS test still pending from batch 494 to 500 which are all WAY past due. They should at the very least expedite the shipping and then run your new sample asap.
                Yep, they told me that they had used up the whole sample. I know my grandmother's mitochondrial DNA doesn't have actual anomalies in it because it should be exactly the same as mine, which they didn't seem to have an issue with for Geno 2.0. Oh well... hopefully the next round of testing if free of 'anomalies'.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlest bit View Post
                  Batch 494, DF41 ordered 12/10/12 still not in!!!!!
                  that is a simple test for them.... they should give it to you free!
                  ask for a refund

Comment

Originally posted by ejmac68 View Post
                    Anyone else still waiting on their FMS test to complete? What batch # and how long have you been waiting?
                    Still waiting for Batch 498 mtDNA portion of Super DNA, tests bought late December 2012. After all this time they should at least post any results they DO have (or maybe everything failed multiple times?). Also got my first notice recently for Batch 506 Family Finder testing failed QA.
                    498 was due 4/29 - no results or status update so far on 4/30
                    506 was due 4/22 I think, now mid-May.
                    I doubt if much of my samples, if any, could be left so am I going to have to pay $150 for another kit so they can continue running failing tests?

Comment

Originally posted by epossum View Post
                      Still waiting for Batch 498 mtDNA portion of Super DNA, tests bought late December 2012. After all this time they should at least post any results they DO have (or maybe everything failed multiple times?).
                      mtDNA results are posted in panels -- HVR1, HVR2 and Coding Region. If any of those panels were complete, the results would be posted. They can't post partial mtDNA panels.

Originally posted by epossum View Post
                      I doubt if much of my samples, if any, could be left so am I going to have to pay $150 for another kit so they can continue running failing tests?
                      Extra swabs to collect more DNA are free.

mtDNA and Y-DNA tests are run as many times as necessary to get results, with no additional charge.

Family Finder, on the other hand, will only be run twice. If the test fails both times, then you will need to pay an additional fee to have it run again on fresh samples. Full details in the FAQ:

http://www.familytreedna.com/faq/answers.aspx?id=2#302

Elise

Comment

Working...
                      X