Failing test, come on FTDNA, this is killing your reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing test, come on FTDNA, this is killing your reputation

I have to complain about how many tests have failed over the past 6 months. I have no confidence in FTDNA anymore and it's obvious in reading posts on other websites that others are feeling the same way. There are also Geno 2 tests that have been failing since December so it's affecting their reputation as well.

The word is out that FTDNA is a mess and many people do not want to test here or transfer their tests from other sites. Thats too bad because I really like FTDNA and was hoping things would get better for them.

The last 6 months have been nothing but issues, I realize the upgrade to 37 was difficult but it's time to get your sh*t together! Your reputation is going down hill fast.

As for my own experience in this mess...
    I order my 111 upgrade almost 5 months ago and it has failed 4 times.
    Ordered 12/11/12
    Due 01/29/13 Failed
    Due 02/18/13 Failed
    Due 03/11/13 Failed
    Due 04/01/13 Failed (4 times is no April fools joke!)
    Due 04/29/13

This is pathetic!
    Put a priority on tests that have failed and push them ahead of new orders.
    I'm not a complainer... but today I am

I agree. As you know, I've been having the same issue with one snp test, ordered 12/10/12, still not in. Now it sounds like they may be using up my ailing grandfather's DNA sample to run this test, which means I may never have an answer for him if the snp turns out negative. I'm also irritated that he's still listed as R-M269 despite testing positive for DF13 which does have a haplogroup on the tree.

I was going to access my 2 accounts to get the particulars about all the tests I've ordered, to show how FTDNA always performed better than expected before but as of today, I keep getting this message:
    Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
    What else is going to go wrong? I've been touting FTDNA at 23andme for awhile now as an option for guys to delve deeper on their paternal line, since 23andme is woefully behind on the ISOGG tree. Now, I don't even mention it because I'd be embarrassed if they had a similar experience to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Littlest bit View Post
      I agree. As you know, I've been having the same issue with one snp test, ordered 12/10/12, still not in. Now it sounds like they may be using up my ailing grandfather's DNA sample to run this test, which means I may never have an answer for him if the snp turns out negative. I'm also irritated that he's still listed as R-M269 despite testing positive for DF13 which does have a haplogroup on the tree.

I was going to access my 2 accounts to get the particulars about all the tests I've ordered, to show how FTDNA always performed better than expected before but as of today, I keep getting this message:

What else is going to go wrong? I've been touting FTDNA at 23andme for awhile now as an option for guys to delve deeper on their paternal line, since 23andme is woefully behind on the ISOGG tree. Now, I don't even mention it because I'd be embarrassed if they had a similar experience to mine.
      I'd ask FTDNA to send you some extra swabs for your grandfather, just in case and for further testing purposes (if you're so inclined).

But I do agree 100%, this is excessive. I'm not generally a complainer, but in this I was. If they said up front that this will take 5 months to complete, I'd be more understanding, but instead they continually push the date back with little to no explanation.

And I also have been unable to login today. I wanted to check and see if they had fixed the FMS matching, since as of late last night they had not. Honestly they probably still haven't, but I figured it was worth a check.

Comment

Working...
      X